Meeting Soojin

Yaong, Yaong!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why the hell did you call me?” Minnie groaned as soon as she entered Soyeon’s studio. She was just having the best time with Miyeon earlier until Soyeon invaded her mind. “If you already found out that Shuhua brought another cat--- no, I won’t pay a single ing fine you imposed. And no, I didn’t help her.” That added lie at the end made Soyeon scoff. 

 

“Damn. So it was your fault.” Yuqi jeered.

 

“Fault? What? It’s just another cat!”

 

Soyeon frowned. “Yeah. And it was Soojin.”

 

Minnie’s eyes went wide, and she suddenly couldn’t utter a word. “Are you sure about that?”

 

“I’m never wrong.” Soyeon asserted.

 

“But--- I never felt her energy!” 

 

“That’s expected. Soojin's a trickster like you. She probably knew how to slip through your magic senses.”

 

Minnie frowned at that.

 

“But that’s why I called you here,” Soyeon added. “I need you to help Yuqi create a spell that can work against your kind.”

 

“You’re asking me to risk myself and my weakness? Moreover, to that... “ Minnie squinted her eyes as she thought of a better word that would not offend Yuqi. Because last time she did, Soyeon went a little hostile towards her. “Uhm, human. Blacksmith.” Okay, that sounds safe.

 

“What? You don’t trust me?” Yuqi was playing innocent.

 

“Exactly.” Minnie sneered. “Why don’t you just talk with Soojin, though, Soyeon? Like the old times?” 

 

“Old times?” Yuqi inquired. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“That was before, Minnie. We were close until---”

 

“Until you dumped her.” Minnie butted in, smirking as she looked over at the shocked expression of the Chinese. Satisfied, she quickly added, “As friends.” But they knew better.

 

Soyeon could only groan in irritation, though. She doesn’t want to talk about that particular memory of her past.

 

“As I was saying,” She quickly diverted the topic. “We need your help.”

 

Minnie thought for a moment. “Give me a free pass to Dorm B, and I’ll think about it.”

 

“Deal.” 

 

“What!?” Yuqi attested, “I own Dorm B! Don’t I have a say in this!?”

 

“No.” Soyeon quickly replied, and Minnie only snickered.

 

Offended, Yuqi was about to complain, but one sharp look from Soyeon and she kept mum. Minnie sometimes wondered if Soyeon had cast a spell on Yuqi since the Chinese couldn’t really fight back at her girlfriend. Then again, she couldn’t blame Yuqi either. After all, she sees herself like that with Miyeon, too. 

 

Too much for being whipped.

 

“Get to work. Now!” Soyeon shouted, and the two quickly scrambled on their feet.

 

 

“Soojin ah~” Shuhua called, slurping one last noodle before she finished her ramen. “Are you done, too?” 

 

Soojin, as if understanding Shuhua’s words, softly nodded her head and pushed the small bowl with her little paws. Shuhua furrowed her brows for a second before she beamed a gleeful smile and placed their bowls at the sink. 

 

“I think you’re a smart cat,” She praised, softly scratching Soojin’s chin. Soojin reacted immediately with the massages, closing her eyes while smiling satisfyingly. “And an adorable one, too! I wonder why someone left you alone in that lonely place." She frowned. “But don’t worry! You’re here now, and I will--”

 

Suddenly, Shuhua heard loud slams--knocks--on her door. 

 

Feeling a tremendous energy, Soojin suddenly stood up with an arched back, hairs held erect, ears flattened backward on the head, and tail held up high. Hissing piercingly at the source, she bared her sharp teeth before she quickly escaped to the open window behind Shuhua. 

 

“Soojin, wai---”

 

“Shuhua! Open the door!” Soyeon yelled, albeit trying her best to sound calm. 

 

“Oh !” Hastily hiding the small bowl back at the cupboard and quickly peeking at her window to check on Soojin, Shuhua breathed a sigh of relief before she opened the door, furrowing her brows upon seeing Minnie with the couple. Did they find out about my cat?

 

“Hey, Shu,” Soyeon greeted, but Shuhua’s curious eyes were with Minnie’s. 

 

Getting the cue, Minnie shook her head and secretly made a thumbs-up to let her know that it wasn’t about her cat at all. Internally, Shuhua felt reassured. But what the hell was Minnie doing with the dorm owners?

 

“We--”

 

“Have a termite extermination scheduled today, so if you would please excuse us,” Yuqi shoved Shuhua aside without hesitation. Soyeon just smiled apologetically at her girlfriend’s behavior before she stepped inside, but not without receiving a look of consent from the Taiwanese. 

 

Glancing at the window briefly, Shuhua nodded before she stepped away and welcomed them. She was about to ask Minnie why she was included until Shuhua saw that massive and weird Misting machine Minnie was carrying--or so she assumed it was a misting machine. 

 

“They gave me this task,” Minnie frowned and lifted the apparatus. “Downside of having a scholarship under Soyeon,” She whispered. 

 

Still, Shuhua was confused by the sudden schedule. But knowing Soyeon and Yuqi, who had also previously barged into her room with different excuses, she was already used to it. Funnily, it was always only her room being… targeted, as she would like to call it. 

 

“Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle~” Yuqi chanted merrily while scattering what seems to be salt everywhere on the floor. “Begone!!” She suddenly yelled. 

 

“God, so dramatic…” Minnie muttered while blowing fog on Shuhua’s bedroom. Scrunching up her nose, Minnie coughed as the fumes reached her trickster senses. Damn, I hate this thing!

 

On the other hand, Soyeon was mumbling a few words while holding a manual or some sort of paper that Shuhua didn’t bother to read anyway. She always had the instruction books while commanding Yuqi to do several things ever since. 

 

“There are no termites, bugs, or pests in my room,” Shuhua suddenly spoke, standing beside Soyeon. “Why are you guys doing this? And why so random? Unannounced? That’s unprofessional!” She pouted. 

 

Melting at Shuhua’s cuteness, Soyeon lightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter