Welcome Home

Yaong, Yaong!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua was contemplating whether she should rob a store right now, or kidnap someone and ask for bribery, or be a good tenant by sneaking in while the bad-tempered landlady was busy working inside her studio.

Maybe the last option wasn’t so bad. If worst things happen,--like getting caught for the hundredth time again for bringing another lost pet she picked up on her way home-- Shuhua could easily charm herself from the short girl’s wrath. However, she needed to do those excruciating and disgusting aegyos the landlady pretends to hate but obviously loves considering how her loud girlfriend always succeeded in persuading her that way.

That, or she could pay the ridiculous fine Soyeon implemented.

Being a broke college student, however, paying penalties was her biggest fear and misery. And Soyeon just happens to be a brutally strict dorm owner slash businesswoman that doesn’t accept down payments.

Shuhua huffed in annoyance as soon as she reached the university’s dorm, hiding at one side while hugging the weak, stray cat she picked near the garbage warehouse on her way home. The cat was black--all the more reason she needed to rob a bank because Yuqi, Soyeon’s girlfriend, would freak out and rant about karma or bad luck or all that if ever she’s caught--and odd-eyed, with one being blue and the other yellow.

“You’re so beautiful,” Shuhua whispered, lightly caressing the cat’s head and smiling softly when she felt it purr. “Ah, cute!”

Just then, loud footsteps echoed the hallways, followed by soft whistling sounds. Shuhua didn’t have to guess who it was that she immediately jumped in front, startling the red-haired Thai and almost cursing in her native tongue if it wasn’t for Shuhua’s hand covering .

“Shuhua, what the he-- oh. I know what you’re up to again. No. I ain’t helping you this ti--”

“Please, Minnie unnie! Just one last time! Look at her!” Shuhua slightly opened her coat and briefly showed the fragile cat snuggled to her chest. The cat didn’t seem to be bothered by the slight movement from Shuhua’s arms, but a small yawn did escape its mouth before it purred and lightly pawed its ear.

“Ah, she’s cute…” Minnie whispered, petting the cat tenderly. With a sigh, Minnie rolled her eyes before she added, “Fine. I’ll help you. But if Soyeon finds out, I’m never going to pay that ridiculous fine she imposed. Damn, that got me ing broke.”

Shuhua squinted her eyes, “You sneaked a pet before?”

“No,” Minnie smirked. “But yeah, I sneaked someone before.”

“I… don’t want to know details.” It’s obviously Miyeon unnie, anyway.

“You sure? I mean---”

“Shh! Yuqi’s coming!”

Pulling the Thai in one corner, Shuhua observed the Chinese hopping her way towards Soyeon’s studio, a bouquet on her right and a teddy bear on her left. Recalling the date, her eyes sparkled in delight when she realized it’s the couple’s anniversary today.

“Perfect timing!” Shuhua squealed softly.

“Yeah. I’m actually on my way to Miyeon to also--”

“Right. Can you be on the lookout? I’m going to sprint to the other side. Then distract Yuqi so I can go upstairs and do whatever you want next.”

Minnie rolled her eyes but agreed on Shuhua’s request nonetheless. Unfortunately for the younger girl, her room would need to pass by Soyeon’s studio before she could use the stairs. As soon as Shuhua dashed behind Yuqi, Minnie quickly called the Beijing puppy and slumped an arm around her shoulder before she could turn to see Shuhua escaping.

“So, happy anniversary to the both of you! Any plans tonight?” Minnie wiggled her brows suggestively.

Yuqi became a baffling mess and started to become defensive by waving her hands dismissively in front of a smirking Minnie. “What!? What are you talking about!? Of course, we have plans tonight, but not that kind of plan!”

Minnie’s smirk grew wider. “Your blushing face says otherwise.” At the corner of her eye, she saw Shuhua upstairs, mouthing her a thank you before running. Considering her work done, Minnie left the stuttering Yuqi behind, not finishing her long explanation or excuses as she hopped her way to Dorm B, where Miyeon’s room was located. Thankfully, Yuqi is the current landlady of the other dorm, and she’s going to have some steamy anniversary with her girlfriend, making it easier for Minnie to sneak inside Miyeon’s room.

Meanwhile, Shuhua breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she reached her room, making sure she locked her door before she went to the kitchen. Placing the little cat on the counter, Shuhua hummed a soft lullaby whilst she rummaged through her empty fridge, frowning as she recalled that she forgot to buy her needed groceries.

“Ah, I forgot to buy food…” She muttered, scratching the cat’s chin while she reached something on the cupboard. “How about ramen? Will that be alright?”

The cat purred in response and bumped its head on Shuhua’s hand.

Shuhua couldn’t help but stare at the alluring beauty of the raven cat, pulling a chair beside the counter before she propped her chin on it. The cat meowed and her paws, but when she noticed the adorable and big round eyes of Shuhua g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter