Chapter 2

Cover Me in Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12.23 pm

 

 

Wendy groaned loudly this time. Hands covering her face. Seulgi's last text remained unresponded. In Wendy's defence, what can she say? Oh hey, sorry, dude, I got perfectly wasted last night and kissed your girlfriend. By the way, nice ring! Seulgi is going to kill her. No, Seulgi was probably going to be like, "Oh," and look so disappointed that Wendy is going to kill herself after that. 

 

What have I done?

 

Again, Wendy grabbed her phone to read her last text. 

 

That is a nice ring. 

 

It's a simple yet stunning silver colour band with a princess-cut diamond sitting perfectly on top. Wendy knew Seulgi spared no expense on it, which made this whole thing worse. Wendy massaged her temple before turning her attention to the phone again. Her thumbs danced on the screen. 

 

To : Kang Seul

Hey, that's a beautiful ring, and Irene would love it. 

 

Wendy finally responded, even though she felt like she could be more genuine in her response but honestly, at this moment, that was the best one she could come up with. 

 

Wendy sighed as she stared at the attached picture of the ring. Yesterday she would be ecstatic to receive this message from Seulgi, and she would cheer as Irene said yes to the question. She would be the first one to pop the champagne and would be the first one to volunteer to plan for the engagement party since both Irene and Seulgi at parties. She would have been happy for them. But this morning, Wendy felt sick to her stomach, her heart sank, and if she could, she would bury herself in the dirt than watch Seulgi drops on one knee, and Irene said yes. 

Wendy's deep sorrow was interrupted by her phone ringing; Wendy sighed as she stared at the screen. She contemplated before finally tapping on the green screen. 

 

"What do you want, Sooyoung?"

 

"Someone's grumpy this morning, bad sleep?"

 

Nah, it was actually one of the best sleep she had. It was something before the sleep.

 

"I'm just not in the mood, so if you have nothing to say, I'm just gonna hang up."

 

"Omg, chill out. Jeez, I could feel the sourness through the phone." Sooyoung huffed, irritated. "By the way, I could also sense that you had forgotten the plan for today. So I'm just going to remind you. I've talked to Joohyun unnie, and she agreed to pick us up both from your apartment at 1.30. I'll be there before 1.20."

 

 

"Hello?"

 

"......"

 

"Are you still there? Oh god-"

 

"Yes, I'm still here..." At least some parts of her. Wendy took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter