Chapter 1

Cover Me in Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

01:23 am

 

"I don't know if you knew but.." Wendy started as Irene stared at her, the beer in her hand remains untouched "I liked you, back in our college days," Wendy confesses, staring down at the beer can. She doesn't think she can face the older girl right now. 

"Oh god, this is embarrassing." Wendy laughs, raising her hands to cover her face, she could feel her face redden. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me then?" Irene's voice was unchanging like the confession was long due. 

 

"Honestly? I was scared. I was scared that I might ruin the good thing we had back then." Wendy replied, almost immediately. Now, looking up to stare at the ceiling of her one-bedroom apartment. Anywhere other than the older girl's face. She took a sip from the can.

 

"So why now?" 

 

 "I guess I already moved on? I wouldn't tell you this if I still have feelings for you." Wendy chuckled. That was a load of bull. Another sip from the can.

 

"Wendy... I wish you'd told me this before" Irene muttered after a few seconds of silence. Her eyes never left the younger girl's face. 

 

"Yeah, I'm sorry.." Wendy replied, finally looking up to face the older girl, to give her the best fake smile she could offer as her heart broke into million pieces. 

 

"No, Wendy.." Irene paused, "I'm sorry, for not being attentive to your feeling, I should have known better.." 

 

Wendy almost groaned in annoyance, even in moments like this, Irene was still thinking about her. She gulped the rest of the beer before placing the empty can down on the table filled with half-eaten take-outs. Irene insisted on getting everything from the menu even though Wendy warned her it will only be two of them tonight and they won't be able to finish it. 

 

Wendy sighed and figured if she was going to have her break broken tonight, might as well be drunk. Wait, maybe she already was. She was going to go and grab another one from the fridge when she felt something stopping her. Wendy looked down and saw Irene's hand on her arm.  

 

"What can I do to make this better?"

 

"What.." 

 

"I want to make it up to you." Irene's hand slowly slid down to Wendy's and Wendy could feel her heart beating faster, but that was probably from all the alcohol she had. Was it though?

 

"Maybe you could help me move on" The word slipped out too easily. Damn the alcohol. Wendy cursed. "I was just kidding, don't take it seriously" Wendy laughed, hoping Irene would believe the lie. But instead, Irene just stood up, face unreadable, or maybe Wendy was just too drunk.

 

This is it, I ed up. 

 

Wendy closed her eyes, preparing herself for whatever coming next, which could be a scream or a slap. Any minute now. She thought to herself.

 

But Wendy felt a soft warm pair of lips pressed again her lips, Wendy opened her eyes, shocked but before she could think of a response, Irene pulled away.

Wendy blinked a few times, struggling to make sense of the event that had just transpired.  "Irene.." 

 

With the younger's hand still in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter