Intro: Serene night

Summer in Okinawa

The heavy smell of alcohol and cigarettes, something Tzuyu never expected to be emitting from such a young and pretty girl. They were awkwardly standing in the middle of the entrance and losing their consciousness staring at each other’s lips. Too close, Tzuyu held her breaths. 

- First time seeing a girl? 

Tzuyu was awakened by the hoarse voice of the other girl. 

- No way, absolutely not. 

Tzuyu said and they both started laughing. 

- My name is Sana. Minatozaki Sana. 

Sana introduced herself with a mischievous grin. Minatozaki Sana, Tzuyu repeated the name in her head, how cute

- I’m Chou Tzuyu. Nice to meet you. 

Tzuyu said. Deep down she was dying to know what Sana had on her mind earlier, and what Sana thought of her. 

- Come on in. 

Sana pulled Tzuyu by the arm and walked into the house. The light from the windows almost blinded Tzuyu’s eyes and the strong winds started blowing her hair backwards. 

- Welcome to Okinawa.  

Sana said. Tzuyu was silenced by the resplendence of the ocean. It was the most breathtaking thing she has ever witnessed. 

- Beautiful, isn’t it? 

Sana asked her. Tzuyu turned to look at Sana and nodded slowly. Tzuyu wanted to take back what she said, because Sana’s beauty suffocated her even more. 

 

It was Tzuyu’s first meal in Japan so Sana insisted on taking her to a nice restaurant. Tzuyu’s mouth almost watered when the food was served, making Sana giggle. 

- Aren’t you going to eat? 

Tzuyu became worried as she realized how much liquor Sana had drunk. 

- I’m fine. I’ll eat later. 

Sana reassured her with a smile. Then she took a cigarette out from her pocket and lighted it up. The smoke lingered around the room before it completely vanished. Sana exerted an indescribable sadness and Tzuyu wondered why. 

 

Under the starry night, the surface of the ocean was sparkling like a gigantic sapphire. They sat on the beach, deep in their own thoughts, letting their feets soaked by the waves. For a brief moment, they checked on each other and their eyes met. Sana was the only one who drank, but Tzuyu didn’t feel sober either. A strange desire ignited within her. It was tempting, and hard to resist. Tzuyu is the type to estimate the consequence to everything she does, but at this point she might just go insane. 

- What are you doing? 

Sana’s gazes softened upon Tzuyu. 

- Um, nothing much. You? 

Tzuyu shrugged. The butterflies in her stomach were about to explode. 

- I’m thinking about the chances of a Taiwanese traveller finding out about an unknown homestay all the way in Okinawa. I don’t even put any effort into advertising. 

Sana chuckled. 

- I guess I must be lucky. 

Tzuyu said in the tiniest voice possible, but Sana seemed to have heard it. She couldn’t restrain from smiling ear to ear.