barbecues and silhouettes

in love with the thought of you | michaeng

Mina had personally arranged a barbecue wrap party for the whole filming crew.

 

“You all know how much this song and this video means to me. Thank you so much for helping me realize this project. Thank you so much for your hard work and enjoy the food!”, Mina said in front of the whole crew, with a microphone in her hand. She bowed, the people clapped their hands and then started gathering at the food tables.

 

While everyone was eating dinner, a white cloth and a projector was set up to play a movie. They all sat on laid blankets over the grass, eating barbecue and whatnot.

 

Mina and Chaeyoung sat together somewhere in a corner at the far back. They specifically chose that spot because it seemed to be the most private place they can find at the open area.

 

The movie started. Chaeyoung linked her left arm to Mina's right arm. Chaeyoung leaned her head on Mina's shoulder. Mina wasn't going to allow her to but she just conceded as she also yielded to her desire to lean her head on Chaeyoung's.

 

“Congratulations, unnie” The younger girl said in a low, sweet voice as she hugged Mina’s arm.

 

“Thank you, Chaengie. Congrats to you, too”, she replied cutely as she patted Chaeyoung’s right cheek with her left hand.

 

After finishing their food, Chaeyoung collected their paper plates and threw them in the garbage can. She went back to hugging Mina’s arm.

 

“Unnie, I wanna talk to you.” She said in a sad voice as she shook Mina’s arm as if doesn't have the latter's attention already. Her voice expressed how much she yearned for the older girl.

 

“You’re acting like we weren’t together the whole day at all," Mina chuckled.

 

“Unnie~”

 

Chaeyoung was on the verge of tears.

 

Mina looked at her and was surprised to see the younger girl's watery eyes. “Are you crying?” She touched Chaeyoung’s cheek. “Hey,” Mina said softly.

 

A tear fell from Chaeyoung’s eye.

 

“It’s just…”, she said as more tears rolled down her cheeks. “I miss you.”

 

There’s something about Chaeyoung’s way of saying “I miss you” that made Mina’s heart melt. She knew exactly how the younger girl was feeling but she’s just better at suppressing it.

  

“Let’s talk, unnie.” Chaeyoung wiped her tears.

 

“We’re already talking,” Mina replied. The Chaeyoung beside her was being too cute that she couldn't help but giggle.

 

“Let's go somewhere else.” The younger girl said as she grabbed Mina by the hand. She stood up, pulled the older girl up and led her to any place she could find where they could hide. She saw that the tents were all empty. She could tell because the lights were all turned off. She chose the second to the last one.

 

They couldn’t see each other so Chaeyoung reached out for her phone from her pocket and its flashlight. Mina’s smirking face was immediately revealed to Chaeyoung’s sight.

 

The latter placed the phone on the ground between her and Mina's feet.

 

Chaeyoung pressed her lips together and sighed before she started to speak again.

 

“You already know this but I just wanna tell you that I really like you, unnie. I don’t know if this is just infatuation but I couldn’t care less. I just like you so much and that’s all I know and that’s all that matters.” She sighed heavily once again before continuing. “I just miss you, unnie. I miss you all the time even when we’re together. Even at this very moment, I still miss you and I want you”, Chaeyoung said with a sincere look on her face.

  

Although her words are very simple and honest, Chaeyoung still hoped that Mina understood everything her words meant.

  

Mina suddenly and quickly slid her hands up the back of Chaeyoung’s head, pulled her in and kissed her.

 

That kiss was Mina's way of saying that she felt the exact same things for Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung got that, so she returned the kiss as she held onto Mina's forearms.

  

Their passionate kisses was silhouetted against the tent’s wall.

 

They pulled back from the kiss.

 

“Shh!” Chaeyoung held an index finger before Mina's lips.

 

“I didn’t even say anything”, Mina laughed, confused.

 

“I said shush, Minari!” Chaeyoung said with a slight frown on her face.

 

“You’re so silly”, Mina giggled at Chaeyoung's sudden attempt of making the moment unnecessarily dramatic.

 

“Minari”, Chaeyoung whispered.

  

“What?” Mina whispered back as she wondered why Chaeyoung is suddenly calling her “Minari”.

  

“The contract did say that I am not allowed to date or be in a relationship but it didn’t say that I’m not allowed to have a "some" relationship." Chaeyoung said. A chuckle broke out of . Then, she flashed a bright smile as she opened her eyes widely, waiting for the other girl’s response.

 

Mina gave a mischievous look at Chaeyoung and said, “You're such a rebel, Chaengie”, she said playfully.

 

“I know!” She replied as she raised both of her eyebrows proudly as if she just thought of the most brilliant plan. “The agreement still stands," she continued. "We will still meet as friends and I’m not violating the contract.” Chaeyoung said enthusiastically.

 

They both giggled.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes shifted from Mina's smiling eyes down to her lips. Mina bit her lower lip. She knew what Chaeyoung wanted to do but they needed to do it somewhere “safe”. 

 

They went out of the tent and told everyone that they needed to go because of some "emergency" at Mina's house.

 

They arrived at Mina’s apartment. Mina changed her clothes and she also gave Chaeyoung some comfortable clothes to change into.

 

Mina turned the TV on, turned off the lights, and randomly selected a Korean movie on Netflix and allowed it to play just for background noise.

 

The two girls sat on the floor of Mina’s living room. The faint light coming from the TV beautifully projected their shadows.

 

They resumed with their unfinished business.

 

Mina initiated the resumption by kissing Chaeyoung’s cheek.

 

Chaeyoung smiled. She looked at Mina as she moistened her lips before placing her hands at the back of Mina’s neck and pulling each other closer. She planted a peck on Mina’s lips.

 

Mina bit her lower lip as she giggled. She wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck. She leaned in. Chaeyoung followed immediately. They both smiled as they narrowed the distance between their mouths. Their lips puckered as they touched.

 

 

The end!

 

 


just wanted to share, here's the (incomplete) lyrics of the song that Michaeng recorded in ch1.:

With every second left
We can only recall the memories of every step we made
You worked hard to get my heart only to break it afterward
How was it so easy for you to sway

Chorus:
My love was enough to fight for you
Your love was enough to leave me too
If your love was enough
You'd hold on to
The love that we have


After the first chapter, the story went downhill and I apologize for that.

for those who might not know what "some" relationship means, it's something like when two people know they like each other but they're not officially in a relationship.

Thank you for reading this story!
hmu on twt @namyoim :)