Chapter 2: MV filming

in love with the thought of you | michaeng

Before you read this chapter, I just wanted to point this out first: i added something in chapter 1 where Mina was staring at the window. I changed the title and I needed to add something that would support(?) the title lol. Im never good at making titles haha.

Here’s what I added:

"The thought of her are just thoughts, Mina. Don't overthink it." (nbd lol)

And here’s why I changed the title:

Thought of you by Justin Bieber suddenly just played in my mind and then I decided to name this story after the song.


 

After that heart-fluttering night, Mina and Chaeyoung would see each other in the company building and greet each other casually.

 

They tried to push their feelings away and set aside the thought of the sensation of each other's lips when they kissed that night. The younger girl was failing miserably at doing these.

 

One night, she texted Mina.

 

"Mina", then she followed with an "unnie" as her second text message. She remembered she had to try not to break her soft promise that she will call her “unnie” again after they parted the last time they hugged each other—a scene that the two girls kept revisiting in their memories.

 

They also kept wondering when that “right time” will come or if it ever will.

 

The older girl's heart jumped in surprise at Chaeyoung's sudden text. A familiar feeling inside of her aroused. Nevertheless, she texted back coldly, "What chaeng?"

 

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung replied with a tone of an aegyo. (She said it like this: "뭐행 (mwohaeng)??")

 

"Writing"

 

"Writing what?"

 

"Lyrics"

 

"Ah~", Chaeyoung replied. She wasn't pleased with the other girl's short replies, so she added, "Aren't you curious about what im doing right now?"

 

"No”, Mina typed, although she meant “Yes”. “But, fine.. what are you doing?" she continued.

 

She wasn't mad or not in the mood or anything. She just wanted to send Chaeyoung the signal to stop flirting with her like they had agreed on.

 

The latter just didn't seem to get that signal as she replied, "Thinking about you ㅋㅋㅋ (kekeke)", Chaeyoung replied as she giggled. She felt like she would explode because of her own cheesiness.

 

Mina chuckled as she rolled her eyes. She knew she liked it but she still tried to avoid Chaeyoung's flirting scheme. She’s doing it for the soon-to-debut trainee’s good.

 

"You seem to be forgetting something, chaeng”, Mina replied.

 

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows, disappointed that Mina brought it up. "Hmm? Can you remind me what it is?"

 

She pretended not to know what Mina meant.

 

Mina shook her head before she typed her reply.

 

"That you've already rejected me? I thought we already agreed not to go on with this". Mina sent a separate message with a "🙂" so Chaeyoung won't get the wrong impression that she's saying it in an angry way.

 

Chaeyoung clicked her tongue. "Right.. sorry", she replied as she pursed her lips.

 

"See you at the set tomorrow, chaeng. Good night 🙂", Mina replied, ending the conversation in the most friendly way she could before she could say anything that she had been itching to say to the other girl.

 

"Good night", Chaeyoung replied with disappointment.

 

***

 

MV shooting day

 

The director handed Mina and Chaeyoung the script for the music video. They were instructed to read it first before the director gave them further details on what they needed to do.

 

As Chaeyoung finished reading the script, she glanced at Mina who was still focused on reading. The former glanced back at her copy of the script. She scanned the paper with her eyes, as though she was looking for something in particular in the script.

 

“Do we not have a kissing scene?” She said jokingly.

 

“What the hell, Chaeyoung?” Mina chuckled at the question. Chaeyoung’s chuckle followed.

 

“I kinda miss kissing you, unnie,” Chaeyoung murmured, still looking at the paper in her hands.

 

“Hmm? What did you say?”, Mina asked.

 

“Nothing”, Chaeyoung replied nonchalantly.

 

Mina looked at the younger girl with a slight furrow on her forehead. “You definitely said something. Just say it”, she replied as her annoyance started to be drawn out.

 

“Just let it go, unnie”, Chaeyoung said as she smiled teasingly at Mina.

 

“Stop acting like a kid, Chaeyoung and just say it.” Mina said almost blankly, trying to not show too much of her irritation. She hates it when her curiosity does not get fed, even if they're just small, trivial stuff.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “I said I miss kissing you”, she admitted in a low voice.

 

“Chaeyoung, please”, Mina looked at her sternly.

 

“I know. But, I’m hoping, at least in this music video, I can kiss you again?” Chaeyoung cracked a nervous smile then bit her lower lip.

 

“I’m just kidding, unnie!” She excused. “I told you to just let it go”, she said as she smiled with her teeth showing and with an invisible cold sweat on her forehead.

 

Mina, annoyed, rolled her eyes at Chaeyoung again.

 

They heard the director call their names so they walked towards him. They listened attentively as he discussed how the filming will go.

 

***

 

The filming started.

 

Mina was already a professional at this, however she still felt nervous. Whereas Chaeyoung was feeling very nervous and awkward.

 

In the scenes where they had to act lovey-dovey, they looked very natural. However, at some scenes, the two girls’ hearts would pound in their chest and they were not sure if the pounding was caused by their nervousness or if having to act romantically with each other caused it.

 

“Okay, now, lean in a little bit, Mina,” the director said through his megaphone.

 

Mina did as the director said. Chaeyoung, who was not very much in character, suddenly puckered her lips as Mina leaned in to her. It's safe to say she was rather at her real-life self.

 

The older girl laughed and the director yelled “cut!”

 

The crew who was watching laughed as Chaeyoung snapped and realized what she just did.

 

“I’m sorry, director-nim! I was just playing!” She laughed. She looked at Mina who was already looking at her and whispered, “To be honest, I wasn’t playing. I don’t know why my mouth did that, unnie” she confessed which evoked a laugh from Mina.

 

“Stop focusing on me and just focus on your character, Chaeyoung-ah!” Mina teased.

 

Chaeyoung softly slapped her cheeks as she tried to stop her laughing.

 

***

 

Mina had her solo dramatic scenes. Chaeyoung watched amazed as the older girl performed the scenes.

 

The director had a sudden idea and decided to improvise a scene. He wrote the script himself so he was confident that this new scene he thought of would be better than the original scene he wrote.

 

Chaeyoung was called to join in the frame and was told to stand a few meters across Mina.

 

“Continue crying, Mina”, the director instructed.

 

“Now Chaeyoung, I want you to look at her. Try to put yourself in the shoes of Mina’s character—broken and hopeless, yet still yearning. Imagine how you would feel if you were in that situation", the director said with passion. "We’re gonna keep rolling until I say ‘cut’. Got it?”

 

The two girls nodded in response.

 

Mina had an intense look of yearning on her face. Chaeyoung followed that as her lead.

 

As the two girls stood in a distance, the director was throwing ‘situations’ at them that helped them feel what their characters needed to feel.

 

“Chaeyoung, Mina chose not to fight for her love for you. You’re hurt and angry, but at the same time, you love her too much that you can’t help but let her go”, the director threw at them, trying to provoke natural emotions to come out of the girls.

 

At the director’s words, Chaeyoung thought about the story Mina told her—how Mina must have hurt after losing someone she loved in the past and not getting her love reciprocated.

 

Chaeyoung’s tears started to fall as she continued to allow the director provoke her emotions.

 

My love was enough to fight for you

But your love was enough to leave me, too

 

The lyrics of the song pierced through Mina and Chaeyoung’s hearts as they got lost in the scene.

 

“Cut!” The director finally yelled.

 

The two girls breathed deeply, releasing the tension off their bodies. They hugged each other.

 

The director clapped his hands as he approached the two girls then gave each of them a hug.