Starry Night.

Compilation Oneshots Boyfriend.

It was mid-summer. Our school has decided to organize some summer classes for students who were almost failing during our final exams.

I, who is part of the students, are pushed to go too but not due to bad grades or bad attitude. I have been sent overseas a few years back and recently, I'm back in your home country. South-Korea, to be exact, Seoul. There the city where everything lives at night and at day, famous students going to school.

But I'm not going to Seoul Performing Arts to my distaste, I'm going to the school across Seoul Performing Arts. I can call it ish but that's life. My parents had decided that I can't go far with an entertainment diplomatic than a normal good medical diplomatic.

It's not bad, since I have potential to be a good doctor but there's only one problem.

I fell for a boy that goes to school across me. Every day, there he walks through the corridors in a school where the majority are female students that are only attending to see their favourite idol. And I won't be surprised if he gets a lot of attention by swooning girls.

I could be one of them but instead, I'm studying across the school, which means that he doesn't even know that I exist. 

I so badly wanted to go to that school, only for him but my conscious told me that I'm wasting time there. I can't act. I4M not a musician. I can't memorize scripts and worse, I can't even read music sheets, so what could I do there? I'm only making my future worser.

I sighed as another period slowly passed by and it's time for lunchbreak.

I heard that the students across us has summer classes too. Would he be there too?

I stuck out your head through the window and stared down from the second floor. It was pretty high, but I couldn't care less. I just wanted to catch a glimpse from him.

The sun was shining bright and trees were making shadows on the pavements. It looked like a tropic place. Warm, yet another girl searching for a summer love but I have hoped that it will not last as a summer love but forever. It all started during spring, where I was playing soccer for fun with my friends. To be honest, I at soccer but it was too boring so I didn't have a choice but to join them.

And as stupid as I was, I kicked too hard and the football flew over the fence of the school across us, hitting a boy on his back. I thought that he was mad but instead, he turned around with a smile while he grabbed the ball into his two slender hands. It was like love at first sight but I was inexperienced so I thought that I have eaten something bad at breakfast.

His hair that was perfect on his place as he swung his bang to see me with his brownish eyes. His bright smile that showed his white teeth that looked a little like vampire fangs in some perspectives and ofcourse, his kindness that drew me over.

I knew that I was all flustered as I kept bowing to him. My kick at the football wasn't something to be called girly. I had put all my force into it and I could pretty say that it should have hurt on his back even if he's still smiling. I knew that he was hurting but still, he wavered it away by saying "I'm used to it. My brother used to hit me on my back when we play soccer too, so don't mind."

He smiled brighter and for a second, I thought that the world had stopped turning and that there were only the two of us in this world. So afterwards, I blamed myself for being egoistic as I didn't know better where that thought came from.

From that day on, he didn't talk to me anymore but I still took little glances from him. Like, one day, when our schools were having activities together I saw him at a table reading a book while having one ear plugged with his music and the other hanging loosely, turning around infront of his chest. So cool.

I didn't have the courage to go to him and start a conversation, so I silently took little glances from under my mathbook, since I was studying for my upcoming tests. And when he noticed me glancing, I rapidly hid my face behind my back and blushed like crazy. At that moment, I had wished that he hadn't seen me and to my disappointment, when he was about to collect his stuff to go away, a few girls appeared from nowhere.

They were from the same school as him but I could see that they were part of the queenkas at his school. I felt sad and jealous but there wasn't a reason for me to be like that. He didn't know me and I didn't know him. We weren't even dating so I shyly continued to watch them from a far as they made their move to get him to be her boyfriend. That thought made me miserable but I didn't have a choice. No one would like me, a girl who likes to study and a loner who likes to sit alone and why should he, a famous singer, even slightly like me?

There were countless girls who were yearning for him and if he was desperate, there were boys too who likes him. Don't get me wrong but in my eyes, he looked too perfect to be true so why not? Why can't boys fall for other boys too?

And as hard as I tried, deep down in me, jealousy was still slightly eating my heart up with everytime I see him smiling at a girl infront of him.

I could be her. Skinny, beautiful, ulzzang-like, cute, beautiful clothes and having a nice perfume on their skin but instead, I'm born with glasses, no sense of fashion resulting me in wearing sweaters and perfume, I just can't afford myself to buy expensive perfumes and even have the time to pick a nice smelling one.

I wish I could have their lifes. Girly and popular.

Still, he never walked up to me and spoke to me again since our first meeting.

 

A sound disturbed my daydreaming and for a second, I thought that I was almost falling. But good that I could prevent it. I supported my head with my hand as I was still leaning onto the windowsill. I pouted and mocked as I still couldn't see him. He wasn't there. He didn't have summer classes.

My hope of ever becoming his girlfriend began to flood away as more days has dragged on without seeing him. Even if he's smiling to other girls, just seeing him smile, makes me satisfied for a whole day but I didn't get to see it for a long time now, until...

The second week of our summer classes when I was hanging out of the window occasionally for some oxygen, I spotted him walking carefree on the streets where I had a clear view at, except for a few trees, covering it with a few shadows.

He finally showed up and I was curious about why he wasn't present at summer classes the first week. During the first week, I came to know what his name was via a few girls spreading some rumours at my class. His name was Jo Kwangmin. Even his name sounded very nice and perfect. I knew I shouldn't eavesdrop them but the news that they were so excited about wasn't all that great for me. I heard that he got a girlfriend and a pretty one too. It was told that he was dating a girl, an actress from a upcoming movie.

I searched her on the internet and as a girl, I could even say that her level is way higher than a girl. She was gorgeous, beautiful and she looked angelic with a flawless pale skin. I could understand why Kwangmin fell for her but my heart couldn't accept the reality.

It felt like my heart got pounded into my shoes and got multiple times stepped on along the way.

But while trying to accept the fact, I still kept a few hopes, deep down in my heart. I got a little dark side in my heart. If they might break up, I could...

No, I can't afford myself to think like that. I can't fall into that kind of level. I need to move on. I have to leave my unresponded feelings behind. I just...

But it's so hard. I can't. But I have to...

I'm a person that don't have the rights to ruin their relationship. As long as he's happy, I will watch him be happy from a distance. Seeing him happy might ease my pain. I knew atleast that he has a found a good girlfriend, even if it's not me. It's okay. Don't let me suffer anymore from desires to you.

It's good that you have ended my feelings for you by this way. It hurted but this is the only way I could... move on.

Soon, summer break has ended and so were the summer classes and ofcourse it have to be ended with something spectacular, like ofcourse a bonfire and barbecue at night. Soon flyers were hanging everywhere and inviting everybody across the whole school who attends there, also Seoul school of Performing Arts.

I got a flyer too and I had decided to go, not hoping for to see Kwangmin there, but to make friends and start a new school period with good friends.

Since it was the last time we will see our class all together because I heard that there were a few students transferring to another school or country and we were a pretty close class. 

I dressed myself up and for a change, I got advice from my mother. Ofcourse she was excited that I was finally becoming more girly but I just wanted to feel beautiful, only tonight. I feel like cinderella but I knew that I wasn't like her.

She got a prince. I got... nothing.

Well, I dressed myself all tidy and neatly and stepped with full confident my house out. I heard the reason of organizing a bonfire. They found it very cozy because tonight, there will be a clear starry night and I really didn't want to miss that.

And for the first time, I got perfume on. It was my mothers perfume but she lent it to me and it really smelled very good. It was called "Passion Night". I wonder why it was called like that.

After walking and observing the environment around me, I reached the bonfire and the smell of fresh baken meat met my nose. It smelled very good and I almost drooled.

I quickly ran up to the others and greeted them. Not long after they have seen me, I could hear some people whistle at me but I guessed it was for the girls next to me. They happened to be the queenkas of Seoul Performing Arts and ofcourse they are well-dressed but I didn't let them bring me down. This was a night that I'm going to enjoy and not ruin it with my hopeless self.

I'm staying my confident self, tonight. 

I stuck a marshmallow on my stick and roasted it into the flame of the big bonfire. It was very cozy and very cheerfull since a few friends of me had prepared a parody of IU's marshmallow song, especially for this moment. I couldn't hold my laughter and laughed with them while clapping in my hands.

Until then, I heard a loud cheer from the boys far away and I could spot a group of boys coming our ways. They wore black and I could see that they were from the school across us and I saw him too among them.

They nicely looked at us while stucking their hands out to us. 'Mind us joining you, guys?' a boy of the group asked us and ofcourse, the more people, the more fun it would be but there's a problem too.

We only had 3 wooden bench and they were with a lot of people so we had to sit very closely next eachother, to be able to sit. 

And it was kind of awkward since I was sitting next to... yes, you guessed right, Kwangmin.

His bare arm, since he wore a T-shirt and I a blue tank top, and my arm were touching and the places where it touched each other, got warmed up by his body warmth.

Then he finally spoke after such a long period and after such a long yearning with a friendly voice. "I haven't seen you in a long time. How are you?' he asked and I was quite sure that he wanted to say anything else but was too shy to say it out loud but I was already glad that he has talked to me.

"Good, and you?" I responded politely which made him chuckle slightly. I love the sound of him chuckling but I can't think like this. I have moved on but, his chuckle had the opposite effect on me.

'Good, good. I actually have missed you. Such a polite girl like you, that's hard to find in this kind of world.' he complimented me, making me shy. I smiled at him and squealed in my head. He complimented me. Not one boy has done that, not even girls and yet, the boy whom I'm yearning so much for, did it.

'Well, no, I'm sure that there will be other girls in this world like me.' I said a little modest. I was actually referring to his girlfriend but I didn't dare to say it out loud.

'Ooh, no, Jiyeon isn't like you,' he chuckled. He got my clue and Jiyeon. His girlfriends name hurted me but the pain went away shortly after. I chuckled softly and ate a marshmallow but since the marshmallow was a little sticky, I had a hard time to get it off my stick.

'Let me help you..' He smiled while he pulled the sticky marsmallow off my stick. He waved with it infront of my mouth and laughed. 'Open mouth.' he demanded me gently. I opened my mouth a little shyly and tasted the sweet marshmallow not long after.

His face was pretty close and his eyes were sparkling from the bonfire's reflection. I stopped with eating and was drown into his eyes for a second until a girl screamed. 

'LOOK! The sky is soo beautiful!!' she shouted, demanding us to look up.

I looked up and saw thousands of stars sparkling in the sky together with the moon that was actually a non-sparkling object but I guessed, tonight, he wanted to shine too.

But then suddenly, when I was very concentrated to the sky, two pair soft lips touched my cheek and let out a soft smooch sound. I looked surprised at him and saw him, Kwangmin smiling brightly at me, showing his little fangs that I found cute about him.

'Saranghaeyo....you..'

 

To be continued...

 

 

Yeah, long one, I don't think this one ^^

Enjoy and until the next one ^^

NOTE: the next one won't be the forward of this oneshot  unless you wanted it to come quicker ^^

Ppyong~!!