fin.

Worry
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jeonghan!" Sieun yelled his name as she knocked on his apartment door frantically. "Jeonghan, please open the door! Jeonghan!"

Sieun continued to bang her fist against the door in hopes that Jeonghan would open it despite the two having an argument several hours ago. Although the only reason she had showed up at Jeonghan's apartment was that Joshua had mentioned that Jeonghan wasn't feeling well and had went back home a while ago when she visited the shop, Diamond, where they all worked.

"Jeonghan, please."

The door opened a few seconds later and Sieun frowned upon seeing an unfamiliar woman on the other side of the door.

"Who are you?" Sieun questioned as the woman gave her a once over and answered her question with another question.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm... a friend."

Sieun didn't like the way the word sounded, but didn't know how else to describe hers and Jeonghan's relationship.

"Anyways, Joshua said Jeonghan wasn't feeling well. So, I came to check in on him."

"Mmhmm."

The young woman didn't budged and stayed in-between Sieun from entering. Sieun awkwardly teetered and tottered on the balls of her feet.

"So, can I see him, please?"

"Um, no."

Sieun's frown deepened.

"Why can't I see him?"

"Because I said so." The young woman countered with a smug look. "Now if you would kind-"

"Hey, Jinju, who's at the door?"

Jeonghan's voice could be heard from behind Jinju out of sight.

"And what kind of pasta should we make tonight?"

Jeonghan appeared from behind Jinju as he and Sieun stared at one another. Sieun was confused as Jeonghan didn't look unwell at all like what Joshua had told her. Maybe this Jinju woman had already taken care of him before she showed up.

"Ooh, I want to try making kimchi spaghetti this time." Jinju answered with a giddy expression.

Jeonghan didn't respond as his gaze continued to be on Sieun as she mentally told herself not to cry in front of them. She wasn't sure why all of a sudden she felt the need to cry upon seeing Jinju sidled up next to him and that Jeonghan allowed her to do so without nudging her away.

"So," Sieun slowly spoke as she tried to keep her voice firm, but she could hear the slight quiver with in her tone, "This is how it's gonna be?"

Jeonghan continued with his silence and Sieun didn't want to stay there any longer to bear more of his silences.

"Okay, Jeonghan. Take real care."

Sieun cast him a fake smile before hurrying away with the tears finally making their escape. Not really sure where she was headed, but Sieun's legs automatically took her far away from Jeonghan. Although Sieun ended up passing by Diamond life a moment later without noticing it she happened to collide into a familiar figure that happened to come out of the store.

"Oh, sorry, Joshua. I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding." Sieun muttered as she tried to keep her composure, but failed as Joshua happened to noticed her teary eyes.

"It's okay, Sieun. I wasn't looking either, but are you okay?"

"Yeah, totally. It's just something in my eye." She lied while wiping away the rest of her tears. "Not a big deal."

Joshua narrowed his eyes as he analyzed her body language.

"You're lying. I can tell you're not."

"I'm not, Shua. I'm fine. Really. See. Totally fine."

Sieun tried to reassured her friend as she mustered all she had to put on a believable smile, but the memories from earlier creep up on her and fresh tears began to form.

"Sieun, stop. You're not fine."

Joshua cupped the right side of her face and used his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"C'mere, buddy." He said softly as he pulled her in for a hug.

Sieun burst into tears when she felt his arms enclosed themselves around her as she hugged him back. Joshua comforted Sieun as she silently cried against his chest while he 'shh' her quietly while rubbing her back in comfort.

"Shh, everything will be alright. Just let it all out and it'll be okay. Shh."

"I hate him so freaking much, Shua. Also you were wrong. He's not sick or anything. He's just a big jerk." Sieun stated before going on with her little rant.

"He's such a really big jerk and he's an absolute idiot. Gah, he's so freaking stupid, Joshua. He was the one that pursued me and then had the audacity to get upset with me thinking that I was the one that had led him on and was playing hard to get when I already told him from the get-go that I didn't want no bull."

Sieun sighed in frustration as she continued.

"I seriously hate him and he can go and fall off the face of the Earth for all I care."

Joshua smiled as he continued to comfort his friend.

"You know that you'll still care, Eun. I know you do. You love him too much despite the words you're saying."

He chuckled afterwards with Sieun lightly smacking him as they separated from the hug.

"It's not funny, Shua. Also I don't lov-"

"What are the two of you doing?"

Jeonghan's voice interrupted Sieun as he suddenly appeared behind the duo as he tried to keep his anger in check.

"Is this what you do by running into the arms of another man, Sieun?"

"What does it matter to you, anyways? You have that Jinju woman." Sieun remarked as Jeonghan stared her down while moving closer.

"Because it does matter to me."

Sieun scoffed.

"Shua just happened to comfort me as a very good friend and besides, Yoon Jeonghan, you don't need to worry about me because you already made your choice."

Sieun then hooked arms with Joshua who had stayed quiet between the duo's exchange.

"Let's go, Shua."

Before Sieun could walk away with Joshua, Jeonghan grabbed her by her other upper arm to face him.

"We need to talk, Sieun."

"There's nothing to talk about. Now let go."

Sieun yanked her arm from out of Jeonghan's grasp and clasped onto Joshua's instead.

"C'mon, Shua."

Joshua looked over at his friend.

"Look, Jeonghan, I'll take care of th-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as Jeonghan swung an arm and punched Joshua in the face knocking him to the ground.

"OMG?! What the did you do

Please log in to read the full chapter