Chapter 15

A Clumsy Proposal

Two months later

 

Eun Ae read the document in her hands thoroughly. She was sitting beside Myung Soo in the manager's office at the entertainment agency in order to review the communiqué about their wedding. The date was decided, the venue was booked, their parents were informed and the last step was to notify the fans. The highlights of their simple wedding would be released to the public in the form of a music video filmed by Infinite's production team.

Despite these preparations, Eun Ae could not believe that she was about to marry her best friend. It felt unreal, perhaps because she did not have to make her own choices contrary to other brides. She did not think of the location, the guest list or the menu among other things related to the supposedly most important day of her life. She only had to pick among the options presented to her by the manager. On the one hand, she was glad not to worry about these details because she was not mentally prepared for marriage. On the other hand, she was disappointed that her once-in-a-lifetime experience was included in the sphere of her fiancé's professional activities.

 

 

Four days later

 

She felt compelled to lie to Myung Soo's parents and her own for they had excitedly welcomed the news of their union. Their mothers looked forward to choosing a wedding dress while their fathers discussed of special entertainments for guests. These conversations never failed to make her feel uncomfortable, hence she could not understand Myung Soo's relaxed demeanor or the way he casually talked about wedding preparations. In addition, she felt embarrassed whenever he called her parents 'mom' and 'dad'.

She feared herself the most at such moments. It was difficult for her not to be passionate about the wedding since she was in love with him. Moreover, marriage had always been one of her objectives, so she struggled not to fantasize over the special day every time she participated in family reunions, as Mrs Kim liked to call their meetings. She liked these moments with them. And even if she did not want to admit it, she liked Myung Soo's romantic conduct too. Her feelings for him grew stronger each time she perceived a light of love in his eyes.

 

 

One week later

 

Myung Soo looked handsome in a black suit, with a black bow tie and a white shirt. He was elegant. But his appearance could not compare to Eun Ae's looks. She was gorgeous in a short silk wedding dress with a V-neck that accentuated her cleavage. The amazement on his face was a pleasing reaction when she appeared in front of him, her heart skipped a beat as he caressed her cheek while complimenting her. Then, he presented her his hand to lead her outside the studio where a photographer was waiting for them. It was their pre-wedding photoshoot. A moment she dreaded because they had to act in front of the camera. As expected, the photographer requested some romance from the very first pose. Eun Ae stood still as Myung Soo hugged her from behind, their hands joined to hold a bouquet. For the next pose, she was asked to sit in the middle of a flowery garden decorated with tiny light bulbs while Myung Soo lay on his back to rest his head on her laps. One of his hands was on her cheek and one of her hands was in his hair, they smiled through the continuous shots.

 

Thanks to the photoshoot session, Eun Ae was able to witness Myung Soo's professionalism as well as his posing skills for the first time. The more she watched him, the more she marveled at his beauty, curious as to how she had not noticed it in the past.

She admired every little thing about him now, from the sound of his voice to his cute dimples. She could not deny that she had grown fond of him. Sometimes, she felt oppressed by these feelings as she was aware that there could be nothing more than friendship between them. But, at other times, she put her worries aside to focus on the present moment as she let herself be fooled by his smiles and words.

 

 

Three weeks later

 

Eun Ae wiped her eyes frantically in an effort to hold her tears back as she stood in front of her mother and mother-in-law who could not contain their emotions at the sight of her wondruous wedding dress. She had chosen it after one glance. However, she had not yet shed a tear over it, probably because the previous fittings had been dedicated to the identification of adjustments to be made. She tried her hardest not to be emotional now that it fit her perfectly, but the tears streamed on their own accord as soon as she saw her reflection in the mirror. The soft flowing gown with three-quarter length sleeves was magnificent.

As Eun Ae stared at herself, she realized that the date was drawing near. It did not seem like a fantasy anymore. The wedding, as well as her feelings for her future husband, were the most truthful reality.