It's the little things

MoonSun short stories collection

Just a little something that snuck into my mind after I saw that video of Yongsun during a radio show being uncomfortable due to period cramps (I'm weird, I know)

I think the ladies among us can agree that mother nature did us dirty with having to endure the pain and overall uneasiness that comes with the strawberry week.


 

Yongsun hated period cramps.

 

Especially on the first day they always felt like as if someone rammed a knife into her ovaries and drew sick pleasure out of twisting it around to intensify the pain.

The black haired woman heaved a sigh as she punched in the code for her door, leaning back against the wooden surface with her eyes closed once she had slipped inside.

Slowly realization sunk in that now she was in the comfort of her own home, away from curious eyes and the constant nagging concern she may have leaked onto her pants for everyone to see, for everyone to know what she was going through right now.

 

"Hey."

 

Yongsun's eyes flew open at the soft yet all too familiar voice, eyebrows raising as she gazed into Byulyi's brown orbs.

 

"What are you doing here? Again."

 

The words came out a lot harsher than intended and she immediately felt sorry about it. Yongsun was aware of her not being quite herself during that time of the month.

Byulyi knew that too.

Wordlessly the blonde moved towards the other woman, reaching for her hands to lace their fingers together.

 

"Sorry..." the black haired woman muttered, giving her girlfriend’s hands a soft squeeze "I didn't mean to-"

"Shhh, it's okay. I know."

 

Yongsun's eyes fluttered shut as Byulyi leaned in, placing a gentle, lingering kiss onto her lips. Whatever tension had gripped her instantly dropped, taken away by her girlfriend's loving kiss.

For a brief moment the couple rested their foreheads on one another once their lips parted, both kept their eyes closed, surrounded by the stillness and safety of Yong's apartment.

 

"Come on," Byulyi eventually whispered into the small space between them, "time for you to relax."

 

With that the younger gently tugged at her hands, leading her further into the apartment. Yongsun gasped once she laid eyes upon the coffee table in the living room, a variety of her favorite foods, drinks and desserts were laid out on top of it.

On the couch, she found her favorite pair of pajamas right next to the big, fluffy blanket her and Byulyi tended to snuggle underneath whenever they watched TV or a movie, both items guarded by Yongsun’s most favorite plush bunny sitting on top of the blanket.

 

"Oh, Byulyi..."

"Get changed, baby. There’s a hot-water bottle waiting for you under the blanket."

 

To say Yongsun was moved was an understatement. Byulyi's thoughtfulness made her heart soar, the familiar tingle inside of her stomach left a warm sensation that slowly spread throughout her whole body. It were small gestures like these that managed to make Yongsun fall in love with her girlfriend all over again.

She turned towards the younger woman whose lips had curled into a fond smile, looking at her with these soft, brown orbs that reflected a meaningful gleam, one only the singer was able to see, only she knew how to read.

Yongsun pulled Byulyi closer and kissed her, pouring all the love and appreciation she felt for her into the physical declaration of love.

 

"Thank you," the black haired woman whispered against her girlfriend's lips, "I love you, Byulyi."

"I love you too, Yong."