My Dorm Mate [6/?]

My Dorm Mate

a/n: wow! FINALLY!!! AFTER SOOO MANY MISSED DEADLINES! I FINALLY UPDATED MDM!! >< IM SOOO REALLY SORRY, IF YOU HAD TO WAIT FOR SOOOOOOOOOOO LONG T.T if anyone was waiting for this T.T well, this is a bit crappy... and not much haehyuk moments either, i apologize deeply T.T i'll be updating more now, i promise you that. 

CHAPTER 6

Hyukjae was walking to his next class, the hallway was jampack, cause first period just ended, and everyone was going to their second class. He had a bit of a hard time going to class.

He accidentally stepped on someone, when he looked at the person, his jaw drops as he was looking at his all-time crush, Siwon.

“Oh… I-I’m s-sorry…” he managed to say. His mind was going to explode, what if Siwon would get mad, what if he’s going to hurt him, what if—so many what ifs were clouding Hyukjae mind.

But to his surprise, Siwon flashed that precious smile that made Hyukjae’s heart skip a beat, “It’s okay.” Siwon said.

Because both of them were in the middle, they were bumped on either side, it wasn’t that of a problem for Siwon, but it was another story for Hyukjae, with him being skinny and all, he was almost dragged, but it was a good thing that Siwon was there, he was quick to hold Hyukjae, and prevented him from getting dragged away.

He held Hyukjae firmly and walked away out of the crowd. Once they were out of it, Siwon smiled again. “You should be careful next time.”

Hyukjae nodded and smiled shyly. “Uhh, yeah… I will… a-and I’m sorry again…” he said and bowed once again.

“It’s really ok--” Siwon said but was cut off when someone calls him. they both look and saw the vice president approaching them.

“Wonnie I’ve been looking all over the school for you. The meeting--” Sungmin stopped when he noticed Hyukjae, he looks at him.

Hyukjae smiled and was delighted to see his second crush. What did he do to get this lucky?

But Sungmin just gave him that same glare as before. He looks back at Siwon, “Come one, I don’t like it here.” He said and left first.

Siwon looks at Hyukjae with a look of apology and left.

Hyukjae was confused, why Sungmin glared at him. He’s pretty sure that he didn’t do anything to him. 

‘Uh-oh, better not piss the vice pres off.’ His inner self knows better.

‘I’m not!’ he said. He heard the second bell rang, indicating second period, he runs to class.

&&

He ran but he was still late. The professor was already there. He cautiously goes in.

“Okay, so we’ll start today’s discussion with a certain monkey crouching to get to his seat.” The professor said, chuckling a bit.

The class laughed as they saw Hyukjae caught in the act. Hyukjae froze in his position.

“So, Mr. Lee Hyukjae. Late again are we not?” the professor said.

“Err, right… I’m sorry Jung-songsaengnim.” He said, bowing at her. he can’t actually tell her what happened right?

“Well, it can’t be helped. Take your seat--” Ms. Jung stopped when she saw someone opening the door and a another student come in.

Hyukjae’s eyes widen as he saw who it was, he saw Donghae walk and stopped in his tracks when he saw him. His expression became grim.

‘He hates me.’ He thought.

‘Duh? You think?’ his innerself said.

Ms. Jung was watching them, then she suddenly spoke, making both jump. “Okay, so much for the staring.” She said, turning to Donghae, “Excuse me, are you my student?”

“Yeah, I’m a new student.” He said bluntly.

“Yeah, I can see that, I’ve never seen you before.” She said, taking a good look at him. “Mr….?”

“Lee. Lee Donghae.” He answered.

“Okay Mr. Lee Donghae, since you’re late, please go to the side and stand there.” She said then turned to Hyukjae who started to go to his seat. “Wait monkey, please join Mr. Lee in standing.”

“Err, but you said--” he reasoned out.

“Well, since both of you are late, both of you wil get the same punishment.” She said then started the discussion.

Hyukjae goes to the side, distancing himself from Donghae.

Donghae looks at the so-called Monkey and he was a bit surprised to see him, his head was down, hands in his pockets, he was sulking. 

‘Hmph, it’s not my fault, it’s his fault he’s also late.’ He thought.

But in truth, Hyukjae wasn’t sulking, he was just really shy, he wasn’t ready yet to face Donghae after what happened earlier. He can’t forget it, he blushed at the thought.

‘…’ the other part of him said.

‘I am not!’ he told himself.

‘Tsss, do you not or do you want me to--’ his thought were interrupted when he was called.

“Mr. Monkey.” Ms. Jung said.

“Uhh, Y-yes Ma’am?” he asked.

“Were you listening?” she asks, and didn’t wait for him to respond as she turned to look at Donghae. “Mr. Lee?”

Donghae looks bored and he was clearly not listening. He was busy studying Hyukjae, at least that was his inner self was saying. But it was true.

“Yeah, I was.” He said.

“Well, okay then... As I was saying, you and Monkey—I mean, Hyukjae will be partners for the project.” She said then turned to look at the class. “Which, you’ll be working on for the whole term.” She stressed at the last part and side-glanced at the two late students, then smirked.

Hyukjae looks at her wide eyed. Working on a project for a whole term is what he can handle, but working on it with Donghae, he thinks he doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. The first meeting and the morning encounter were enough. But well, that was his pessimistic side talking, what he really wants is to get close to his roommate.

‘If he’ll only let me…’ he thought.

‘Well, maybe this’ll be the way for us to get close?’ he thought again.

Hyukjae smiled, it was a possibility. Though it was very slim, he wants to try. He looks at Donghae, maybe he’s really not that bad?

&&

Donghae was shocked about the pairing, why can’t he be paired with someone else?

‘Why not? He’s okay, it’s you that’s the problem.’ His inner self snapped at him.

‘Shut it.’ he said.

He sighed, he should be having a new life now. but he’s still caught in the past. If he’s with Hyukjae, it’ll be a constant reminder.

‘We’ll do it separately. I’ll do my part, and he can do his.’ He said.

“Okay, I’ll give you a few minutes to talk about it.” Ms. Jung said.

The students started to talk amongst their partners, while Hyukjae and Donghae are still in their places. Both obviously didn’t want to approach the other.

“Only a few minutes more.” Ms. Jung announced as 15 minutes passed.

Hyukjae glanced at Donghae and sighed. He knows that Donghae would never approach first, so he decided to so it. he’s an A+student, though he knows he could do the project alone, a pair work is a pair work.

He approached him cautiously, then taps him. “Uhh, Donghae-ssi?”

Donghae didn’t bother to look. “Yeah?” he was staring at nowhere in particular.

Hyukjae was saddened because of his action, but he tried to ignore it.

“Well, about our project--” Hyukjae didn’t finish, Donghae rudely cut him off.

“It’s done. You’ll do your part, and I’ll do mine. Just do the first part then give it to me. I’ll do the rest.” He said. “Simple as that.”

Hyukjae was surprised by what he said. It wasn’t a bad idea, but it wasn’t good either. He was hoping to get closer to him, to get to know him. but it seems like he’s the only one thinking about it.

“Uh, yeah… okay…” he said and returned to his place.

The teacher stood up and looks at the class. “Okay, times up. Let’s start the discussion.” She said.

All throughout the whole lesson, Hyukjae and Donghae were standing. Once the discussion was finished both of their legs sore, it was a three hour subject. Hyukjae was tired, good thing he ate breakfast, or he would’ve fainted.

“Ah, I have to thank Kyu later.” He mumbled.

The class exited, Hyukjae too. But he was surprised when someone put a hand around his shoulder, he looked and saw Ms. Jung, grinning at him.

“Nari-noona! You were a bit cruel again!” he whined at her.

“Yah! It’s your fault! And his.” Nari said, pointing at Donghae.

Donghae glances at them, he was surprised that their actions, he didn’t think they were close. He thought he didn’t like Hyukjae.

He shook his head, ‘I really have to get Hyukjae out of my head now.’ he thought and quickly left.

“What’s his problem? Who is he anyway?” Nari asks, then turned at Hyukjae, whose expression was sad. “What’s the matter Hyukkie?”

“Err, nothing noona. And about Donghae, he’s my new roommate.” He said.

“Eh? Your new roommate?” she looks at him with a surprised expression, then it turned to a confused one. “You don’t look really happy. I thought you’d be happy if you’d have one?” she asks.

“Well, that is…” Hyukjae didn’t want to say what happened. Almost all of his friends are already worried about him because of what happened, he didn’t want Nari to worry about him too, and knowing her she would surely worry.

Hyukjae met Nari when Shindong moved in next door to him, ti was before she became a teacher. Nari occasionally visit Shindong, though girls aren’t allowed in the dorm, she was allowed with the excuse that she was Shindong’s sister, other times cousin. Good thing the ahjumma was old, but in truth she new that they were really a couple. The couple is a really good friend of Hyukjae’s and he’s glad that he met them.

“Yow!” someone shouted at them. It was the familiar voice of Shindong.

“Yeobo-yah! No shouting in the hallways!” she shouted back. She clasped her hands to as she realized what she called him. “I-I mean! Shin Donghee!!” she shouted again.

Hyukjae couldn’t help but laugh, sometimes these two are worst in being careful, they couldn’t control themselves sometimes. Though he doesn’t blame them, the time they spent together are limited now since they’re careful in not being caught in a student-teacher relationship.

“Ah, mian Jung-songsaengnim.” He smirked.

“No, it’s not okay. Please come with me to our office Mr. Shindong.” She smiled playfully.

“Ah, of course.” Shindong smiled back then turned to Hyukjae. “We’ll be going now Hyuk.”

“Bye Hyukkie.” Nari waved and smiled at him.

“Bye.” Hyukjae said and smiled at them both.

He watched them as they walk, not hand in hand though, but just that person you love, walking next to you is a big thing already. He thought if someone like that would ever come to his life. But he didn’t have any time for that now. He erased the thought and goes to cafeteria for lunch.

&&

Leeteuk was the only one in their regular table when Hyukjae came, he looks around for the others, then asked him.

“Hyung, why are you alone? Where’re the others? Kangin-hyung?” 

“Kangin went to get food, we came first since we’re really hungry now. The others are still, nowhere to be found.” He said.

“Oh, okay.” He said, he looks around the cafeteria, it was always full, there were so many students. He sighed. “I’ll just buy when the crowd thins out.” He said.

“Haha, well, I don’t blame you, waiting for your turn will take ages.” He said, chuckling.

“But why is Kangin-hyung always--”

“Always what?”

They turned and saw Kangin, carrying a tray of food for two people. “Sorry Hyuk, I only have for two people.”

“It’s okay hyung. I’ll eat later, I’m actually not that hungry now.” he said.

“Anyway, what are you talking about before I came?” Kangin asks.

“Why do you always get food fast with all of these people?” Leeteuk said, chuckling a bit.

“That’s easy Hyuk, I’m big, I can intimidate people.” He said, smirking at him.

“Hyung, that’s a bit…” Hyukjae was actually not surprised, he was also intimidated when he met Kangin.

“Yeah, I know, but what can I do when my Teukie’s hungry?” he asks as he kisses and bites Leeteuk’s neck.

“Yah!! I’m not your food!” Leeteuk shouted at him.

“But you are, when--” Kangin’s mouth was covered by Leeteuk’s hand to prevent him from saying more.

Seeing the couple’s action made Hyukjae remember the morning’s encounter again. He can’t help but blush.

“Hyuk, are you alright? Why are you blushing?” Leeteuk asks.

“Yeah, I-I’m okay.” Hyukjae said.

Leeteuk nodded and continued eating, after they finish. He turned to Hyukjae as he remembered something.

“Hyuk, did something happened earlier? Like before you attended class?” he asks.

Hyukjae stiffened. He suddenly panicked. How did they know?

“Uhh, N-bothing hyung. W-why?” he asked nervously.

“Nothing, I was worried whether your new roommate would hit you again.” Leeteuk said.

“He wouldn’t dare do it again.” Kangin said.

“Yah! Stop it, he’s only a kid.” Leeteuk defended.

“Whatever. I still think he’s a darn bastard--”

“Yah! Shut it!” Leeteuk shouted.

Hyukjae drew a sigh of relief after Leeteuk answered him, he thought they knew, he would really be embarrassed to the point where he’ll explode because of it.

Leeteuk and Kangin were always the couple who had the most fights with each other, but stil after a heated argument, each of them apologizes, that’s what amazes Hyukjae, no matter how big or small the argument was, the couple really tends to make it a point to kiss and make up. It was easy for them since before they became a couple they were friends, and were roommates too.

He wanted him and his new roommate to be like them. He envies their friendship very much.

“Hyung, help me. I want to be friends with Donghae.” Hyukjae said suddenly.

The couple stopped arguing and looks at Hyukjae with mixed expressions from both. Both spoke at the same time.

“Well, we’d be glad too--”

“No, I don’t think so--”

The couple looks at each other and started arguing again. Hyukjae sighed.

“Yah! you need to help Hyuk, if he says he wants to be friends with Donghae, then let’s help him--” Leeteuk said.

“Well, how about starting now?” 

Suddenly Heechul and the others came, their faces were grim, like they want to kill someone, well, except for Heechul, who was smirking.

“What do you mean hyung?” Hyukjae asked, looking at him. He suddenly saw a familiar looking man behind him. And he was surprised to see him even there.

The couple saw it too, Kangin’s expression turn the same as the others. And Leeteuk, he was the most shocked. He didn’t expect the world to be so small.

‘Omona, why is he here!?’ he though worriedly.

&&

Donghae was walking to the dorm when he was suddenly blocked by someone. He looked up and saw Heechul, smirking at him.

“Yah, get out of my way.” He said.

“This fish really has an attitude.” Heechul said.

“Who’re you calling fish--!?” Donghae said, but he was suddenly pulled by Heechul.

“Come with me.” Heechul said.

Though Donghae was strong, he struggled, but Heechul was also strong, especially his grip. After a few tries, he gave up.

‘What is he doing?’ he thought.

They stopped in front of the cafeteria, where a couple and a boy were also waiting, they looked at Heechul then at him. And happy faces turned into glares.

“Hyung, why is he here?” Yesung asked.

“Well, He begged me if he could join us.” He said bluntly.

“What the ? I didn’t say any of the sort! Just let me go--!”

“Shut it fish, let’s go inside.” Heechul said.

Yesung, Ryeowook and Hankyung looked at each other, when someone was dragged by Heechul, it means he likes them. And he rarely likes anyone to be included in their group. It was okay, but what confuses them, was why he chose Donghae, when he was the one who was really angry at the guy when Hyukjae was hurt.

“Aish, sometimes I can’t understand your brother Wookie.” Yesung said.

“I just hope hyung knows what he’s doing.” Ryeowook said.

“Yeah, I agree.” Hankyung said. They followed the two.

Once they were inside, everyone’s attention was on them. It was rare to find someone new in their group. Student’s started to murmur.

“Omo, is that the new student?” 

“Uwah, I think he’ll be added to their group.”

“He’s really cute! Omo!”

Donghae honestly didn’t like the attention, though he was also famous in his previous schools, he tried as much as possible to make a low profile.

When they arrived at their table they caught Kangin and Leeteuk in a middle of an argument.

“Yah! you need to help Hyuk, if he says he wants to be friends with Donghae, then let’s help him--” Leeteuk said.

Donghae looks at them as he heard his name. He first saw Hyukjae, and he wasn’t that angry anymore. He didn’t know why, he should be, right?

“Well, how about starting now?” Heechul said, smirking. 

Donghae saw Hyukjae look at him, and that was the moment he noticed how beautiful for a boy Hyukjae was, but he immediately dismissed the thought.

‘Stop the nonsense Lee Donghae.’ He thought.

He tehn looked at the others who were also at the table, he looks first at Leeteuk then at Kangin, and suddenly returned to look at Leeteuk. There was something about him that is strangely familiar. He just can’t remember.

But he was sure it has something to do with Kibum.

-tbc-


a/n: yeah, i agree with you, totally crappy chapter... mianhae... i hope you'll still read the succeeding chaps T.T