Chapter Three

y, Free and Single

The next morning Junmyeon woke up still brooding about missed opportunities. He rolled out of bed and checked his phone to see if anyone had texted him (maybe a handsome stranger had somehow gotten his number and was willing to ignore Junmyeon’s graceful first and second impressions.) His eyes practically popped out of his head when he saw the notification thanking him for signing up for an online dating service.

“SEHUN!” Junmyeon shrieked in his most manly voice. “Sehun, what did you do?” He yelled again, stomping over to his roommate's door when he didn’t receive a response to his first summons. When his knock was only greeted with mumbles Junmyeon decided he wasn’t backing down.

“I’m coming in, you’d better be decent!” He warned before cautiously opening the bedroom door. Only to scream and slam the door closed again.

The sight that had greeted his eyes was a shirtless Sehun, lying on his stomach while a girl straddled his back.

“SEHUN! HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON YIXING?”

“It's okay. Zhang Ziyi is a friend and top in my healing arts class. She’s also an acupressure specialist. Sehun hurt his back last night-” Yixing said startling Junmyeon who'd been standing with his back pressed against Sehun’s bedroom door with his eyes tightly closed.

“I don't need to know about any funny business you two were up to last night.” Junmyeon interrupted hoping to avoid any more trauma this morning.

“We were dancing.” Yixing tsked quietly. “Such a dirty mind. I have a heating pad baby.“ Yixing said as he slipped past a still stunned Junmyeon and to his boyfriend's side. “Are you feeling any better?” He asked, carding his fingers through Sehun’s hair.

“A little. Ziyi’s fingers are almost as magical as yours are.” Sehun mumbled into the pillow.

Junmyeon tried not to turn and run from the unwelcome images that popped into his head.

Ziyi hopped off the bed and said something to Yixing in Chinese, too quickly for Junmyeon’s morning brain to translate before bowing and leaving the room. Eyeing Junmyeon like a tasty morsel as she passed. She brushed past him as he stood in the doorway caught a faint scent of something that had her pert nose wrinkling in distaste. “What a shame.” Junmyeon heard Ziyi mutter as she passed.

“Sehun, did you perhaps….. oh I don't know…….SIGN ME UP FOR A DATING SERVICE?” Junmyeon snapped at his soon to be former friend when the stranger left the room.

“Oh yeah. I thought you needed a little nudge to get back in the dating scene, so….. You're welcome.” Sehun said, his face still muffled by the pillow. “It's how I stalked, err ... found my XingXing.” He explained, turning his head just enough to peck his boyfriend on the lips.

“I could understand why you would need dating help Sehun, but I'm doing fine!” Junmyeon said, trying to sound convincing. A look was exchanged between Yixing & Sehun but neither openly disagreed.

“What’s the harm in giving online dating a try? Worst case scenario you go on a couple of awkward dates, but just maybe you’ll find your own precious angel like I was lucky enough to do.” Sehun mumbled into the pillows, earning him a few extra bonus points with his boyfriend and an eye roll and a snort from his roommate. He’d heard the noises coming from his young friends room some nights and they were anything but angelic. “Fine! I’ll give it a day.” Junmyeon conceded.

“Two weeks and 6 dates.” Sehun and Yixing countered at the same time which apparently meant a kiss was called for.

“Three days and 1 date!” Junmyeon offered, slowly backing out of the room.

“Ten days and 4 dates.” The pair said once more in unison resulting in Yixing cuddling in bed with Sehun.

“FINE! Just wait until I’m out of the room before you guys go any further!” Junmyeon called over his shoulder as he sprinted through the living room hoping to make it outside the dorm before things escalated.

“I would have settled for a week.” Yixing murmured as he nuzzled his nose against his boyfriend’s neck, getting ready for a nice nap. “You smell delicious. It’s a shame your back is injured.” Sehun hummed in agreement, already getting drowsy from the added warmth of his boyfriend’s body heat until the meaning behind the words registered and all thoughts of sleep disappeared. Unfortunately Yixing wasn’t on the same wavelength anymore as the quiet snores indicated.