Not Just Her Roommate

Zoom Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please send any ideas or information you have for the event to Jennie by Wednesday and I will go through them with her. Are there any questions?”

Joohyun says as she closes the power point presentation that was shared on the main screen to the entire attendees. 

 

Joohyun is part of the head committee for a charity organization where she volunteers. She has a passion for helping people especially those who are in need. This particular charity is for children with illness which she definitely have a soft spot for so she devotes her free time and offers her assistance. Her friend Jennie shares the same passion and Joohyun recruited her a couple of years ago as her assistant for the reason as the young model has an indefinite schedule and cannot commit as much as her best friend even if she wants to.

 

As an assistant, one of Jennie’s tasks every meeting is to take notes for Joohyun on top of her own as well. Q&A is the part where she writes down the most to remember the questions, concerns, follow-ups from the attendees and goes over them with Joohyun afterwards. This is also the part where a certain member always asks a question aka Park Bogum.

 

Bogum clicks the “Raise Hand” button.

 

Jennie holds back from rolling her eyes since her camera is on. She secretly sends a IM to Joohyun while the others are chatting.

 

Kim Jennie: Oh boy here he goes again.

Bae Joohyun: You’re silly. Let the man ask his questions hahaha.

KJN: Unnie his questions are either irrelevant or stupid.

BJH: Jennie-yah, there’s no such th…

KJN: And I know you’ll say there’s no such thing as stupid questions but Bogum-ssi just always asks all these questions just so he can talk to you. He has a crush on you you know.

BJH: No he doesn’t, he’s just participating. Stop starting a rumor.

KJN: It’s not a rumor when it’s true. kekekeke

 

 

Joohyun mentally shakes her head and ignores Jennie’s last message. She acknowledges Bogum and the man unmutes his mic. 

 

“Yes, is there a specific time on Wednesday or should I send it straight to you if for some reason I couldn’t submit it by the deadline?”

 

“Oh, uhm, anytime on Wednesday would be great but if you’re not able to by then no worries, please still email it to Jennie.” Joohyun politely answers.

 

“You got it! I will do my best to submit it before the deadline to not make it hard on you Irene-ssi and also to Jennie-ssi.” Bogum responds with a thumbs up.

 

Bogum is the newest member of their volunteer team and he’s in charge of the marketing with Jackson.

 

Jackson unmutes his mic and snorts jokingly. “Bro we have 5 days, if you can’t come up with an idea then on behalf of the marketing team, we will replace you.”

 

Everyone in the meeting laughs including Bogum. “Whatever dude, it’s just you and me so I’m staying.”

 

“I’ll let you both figure that out.” Joohyun chuckles. “If there’s no other questions, I’m ending this video chat. Jennie will send another meeting request for a follow up some time next week. Thank you for everyone’s time and again I apologize for the noise in the background.”

 

“Yeah what was that?” Bogum asks, wanting to have a last minute conversation with his leader.

 

“I’m not quite sure, Seulgi is still fixing it in the kitchen.”

 

“Well I’m glad you have a roommate who is a fixer upper but if you need help, I’d be happy to check it out.”

 

Joohyun ignores the part where Bogum refers to Seulgi as her roommate instead of girlfriend. But since they are not close friends, just colleagues really, she thinks it’s not necessary to tell the man her personal business. 

 

“Thank you for the offer Bogum-ssi. I’m not worried though, she knows what she’s doing.”

 

Jennie once again is internally rolling her eyes to the obvious flirting of this boy to her best friend.

 

“No worries Unnie, it wasn’t loud, we could barely hear it. Please tell Seulgi-unnie I said hello and to do well!”

 

 

Joohyun nods and waves goodbye to everyone and ends the meeting. She checks her watch and sees it’s almost noon; that means lunch time.

 

She walks to the kitchen and sees her girlfriend standing over the sink with a wrench on her left hand and a hammer on the right hand. The older girl takes her time admiring the view especially Seulgi’s biceps are on display since the younger rolled her sleeves up for whatever task she is currently doing. Joohyun finally comes back to her senses and approaches Seulgi.

 

“Everything okay in here babe?”

 

Seulgi halfway looks back and makes eye contact with the raven hair girl. 

 

“Oh, Hyun, wait give me one second.” She turns back around and finishes tightening the knob.

 

“There, that should be good.” She places both tools on the counter and wipes her hand using the small rag. She completely faces her lover then proceeds to give her a quick kiss to greet her properly.

 

“Hi Hyunnie! How was the meeting? I hope I wasn’t too loud.”

 

Joohyun notices the small amount of sweat on the brunette’s forehead and uses her sleeves to wipe it. “No you were fine and it went good. Just short and straightforward since we just talked about coming up with ideas for the upcoming event.”

 

“Oh okay, if you need someone to draw the designs for any posters or anything really, I’m always available to help.”

 

Seulgi has helped Joohyun with a couple of projects and events before. She knows how much this charity organization means to her girlfriend so she does whatever she can to support. From drawing posters, donating her personal drawings for auctions or just being there whenever Joohyun needs her.

 

The older woman wraps her arms around her bear’s neck and pulls her in for a kiss. “You’re so sweet, thank you baby. I will let you know if we need your amazing drawing skills.” She gives her a quick peck and unwraps her arms to reach the fridge. “What do you want for lunch? I can make Sujebi if you want?”

 

Seulgi’s mouth water at the thought of her favorite delicious meal, especially Joohyun’s recipe that she learned from Bae eomma.

 

“You always know the way to my heart. Yes, I’d like that very much Hyunnie. Thank you!”

 

She goes to the counter by the sink to pick up the tools and cleans up the mess from earlier. “By the way, the faucet is no longer leaking but I still have to call the plumber to replace it with a new one.”

 

“Thanks for taking care of it my handy woman. What would I do without you?”

 

“I know for sure you’ll get by just fine but don’t worry because I will do my very best so you won’t have to know.” Seulgi winks (atleast she tried to) and goes down to the basement to put away the tools.

 

The following week, Jennie, with her girlfriend Lisa are over at Seulrene’s household. Lisa offered to drive her since she said she doesn’t have anything on her schedule and she also misses hanging out with their Unnies. 

 

Joohyun and Jennie decides to take a break from reading through the submission emails and order some food enough for both of them and their significant others since they know the dancers will be hungry as well. 

The delivery arrived faster than expected with their warm delicious meals and they bring it over in the living room where Seulgi and Lisa are currently playing Mario Kart.

 

“Yes! Just in time for my rumbling stomach.” Lisa pauses the game to help her Joohyun-unnie with the food containers and places them on the coffee table. Jennie following behind with plates and utensils. 

 

Seulgi gets up and goes to kitchen and comes back with four cans of coca cola and four water bottles.

 

While eating, they are talking about the charity event and the topic about Bogum’s not so secret crush to Joohyun comes up. Jennie is telling the stories to Seulgi and Lisa while the oldest is just rolling her eyes and shaking her head, just taking bites of her favorite tteokbokki.

 

“I’m telling you this guy will literally go out of his way just to be able to talk/flirt with Joohyun-unnie. He does it all the time in our Zoom meetings.” Jennie exaggerates.

 

“I’ve never heard of this Bogum guy. You’ve never mentioned him, Hyun?” Seulgi turns to Joohyun.

 

“He’s new to our volunteer team. He’s in marketing with Jackson. I’ve never mentioned him because I guess there’s nothing to say? I really don’t know him nor speak to him unless it’s related to the charity org.” Joohyun answers.

 

“You know what the funny part is Seulgi-unnie? He assumes you and Unnie are just roommates even when Unnie has hinted multiple times that you are more than that.” Jennie continues.

 

Lisa chimes in while chewing a piece of fish cake. “It’s 2021, if two women, not related if I may add, are living in the same household, 9 times out of 10 they are in lesbians with each other.”

 

All of them laughs out loud with this statement from the Thai girl.

 

“I mean not to be that girlfriend but I think at some point you have to tell this Bogum I’m not just your roommate Hyunnie. You’re being nice to him, which is just one of your amazing qualities but he’s not seeing it like that and you might be leading him on.”

 

“But I’m not though, you know how I am Seul. I don’t just tell people my personal business. Everyone who is not family or friends or close to us are in a need-to-know basis.”

 

“I know that baby, I meant unintentionally. But yes you’re right, it’s our personal business. You are not responsible for how others translates your kindness towards them.” Seulgi puts an arm around her girlfriend and kisses her forehead.

 

“I just need him to know he doesn’t have a chance with Unnie so he can stop interrupting our meetings and sending me unnecessary emails. I know he’s trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter