Speedrun Meet Cute

Strawberries & Cigarettes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note! Early access to crowdfund spon. :)

Speedrun Meet Cute Or Jiyong's Guide in Keeping a New PA

 

In hindsight, Jiyong should be raging mad against his employer and manager Yang Hang Suk. After all, he left his previous agency to be at the still growing company YGE in hopes that he'll debut early with his friend, Youngbae.

They even had chosen a name! GDYB. Perfect. Mysterious. Just four letters.

And Jiyong had already composed them some songs, and got OKed for it.

So why the hell is he still sweating his off in a practice room?

"Let's try again, hyung," Daesung said to TOP, restarting the moves they practiced earlier.

TOP nodded and diligently practiced with him.

Jiyong has nothing against the guy, and he doesn't really hate him (despite looking like he does), he knew how TOP worked his way towards building his dance skills when he first has none. He's doing well even for someone who doesn't have talent for it.

He and TOP were the first to be "rolled out" as Yang had referred to it to the market. He had first explained how instead of promoting them as a group, that he's doing a flip of the norm and have them first exposed to other fields first before debuting as a group idol. Hence, TOP was first known to be an actor, building a small image and fan base for himself. Surprisingly, Jiyong was put into modelling at first, though he couldn't deny how he got an eye for fashion.

Youngbae was put into singing some covers for now, and Daesung was too.

At first Jiyong had thought that it was utterly ridiculous that they should be doing that instead of being introduced as a boyband, as they had previously agreed too. But he can't deny that it works.

Because now, they'll have a foundation for when they eventually converged.

"It's like when stars hit each other. A big BANG!" Yang laughed at his pun.

Jiyong rolled his eyes but otherwise kept silent. He looked at the clock and noticed how late it has become. The auditions are probably over now, so there'll be less people mingling about.

He turned to the door and scowled when he found it empty. He forgot how the last one had already quit.

Youngbae must've noticed him because he suddenly laughed. "It's because you're too mean," he said.

Jiyong groaned. "I'm not!"

"Yes you are. Especially when you're composing," Youngbae shrugged.

Jiyong couldn't help but to agree though. He had a bad habit of lashing out whenever he was interrupted in the middle of writing. He couldn't help it though, it took him hours to get into the mood—then stupid assistants would ask him for coffee as if he needed the extra adrenaline.

"Okay, fine" Jiyong grumbled. He hated how Youngbae points out his mistakes.

Youngbae merely laughed, too used to Jiyong's never ending denial. "Don't worry though. I heard Noona had already hired a new one."

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "If it's another one of TOP's fangirls I swear to God I'm going to vomit on her ing face."

It was the worst ever. He felt irked every time the last one make doodling eyes at TOP as if the man is Jesus himself.

Youngbae laughed, "You're just jealous they're not fangirling over you."

Again, thank you for pointing out t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter