Speedrun Employment

Strawberries & Cigarettes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or how Seungri got a job even without applying.

Seungri should have known. Nothing comes out of choosing passion over common sense.

His father had warned him when he was entering college to choose Business Management as his major—but no, Seungri just have to choose his 'heart' over arts and wrote Theater instead on his major.

If possible, he would've chosen Music and be with his best friend Glory, but he had no trust on his vocal capabilities. So, he settled for the next possible choice—and that is Theater.

Fast forward four years later, Seungri found himself unemployed and lounging over his best friend's sofa. They have already moved out of their shared dormitory room (as much as Seungri loved the place, they couldn't stay there unless they'll pursue Masteral). "Life's so unfair," Seungri mused, eyes glazed over the crack on the ceiling.

He and Glory are sharing this small one-bedroom apartment in Seoul, they removed the bedpost and instead just brought futon so they could rest properly in the small room. They used the metal skeleton of the bed as a makeshift table. He and Glory are currently employed in some small restaurant to meet ends, but Glory is working on a YouTube channel or some other website, building up his DJ profile with mixing songs.

"We'll just have to deal with what we have," Glory said, ever the pessimistic .

Seungri sighed, very loudly, annoyingly so.

Glory scoffed and rolled his eyes, but otherwise already used to his best friend's antics. "Here—" he showed his phone screen to Seungri, "why don't you try auditioning to this one?"

Seungri took a peak—then laughed. "Are you serious?"

Glory rolled his eyes, "What? YG is looking for a singer. And you're available—so why don't you try?"

Seungri really should get his friend's mind checked. "Again, are you serious? I'm not singer material."

"Even if so, YG is looking for a trainee. That means they'll train you to sing!" Glory smiled, his gums showing, he looked so excited for the prospect of it, "and it's not like YG is a huge agency, they can't afford to be choosy."

Seungri's gasped. "Is that a backhanded insult I hear?" Pretty clever, he thought.

Glory laughed but otherwise merely scrolled through his phone for the details. "Come on, what's wrong with trying? Plus, you'll surely get to meet that small actor you've been pining for."

Seungri gasped, loudly this time, "I don't pin."

Glory rolled his eyes and pointed at the huge poster Seungri had displayed over his side of the room. "And what's Mister-T-O-P doing in our bed?"

Seungri stood up and blocked the poster with his whole body. "I got this for free."

Glory scoffed, smelling bull from a kilometer away. "Yeah, buddy, and I'm not your friend."

Seungri sighed and sat back down. He wrapped his arms around his knees and rested his head on top of it. "And what even is the chances of me getting in? I'm tone-deaf."

Glory smiled and put an arm around his friend, "What's wrong with trying? And if you don't get in, at least you'll see your idol."

Seungri pouted and mulled over it. The chance of seeing his favorite artist does trumps over the prospect of humiliating himself. He couldn't afford to support his favorite in the usual way (see: minimum wage), and he couldn't buy tickets for meet-and-greet. So maybe he should take this opportunity and conduct his personal meet-and-greet.

"Okay fine."

Glory whooped. "Nice!"

Seungri smiled and prayed that TOP wouldn't be at the panel—or anywhere near the room.

 

 

 

Turns out, doing so was harder than they anticipated. Surprising both the best friends and the owner, there was a surprisingly huge amount of customers on the restaurant that day. The staffs were all haggard and overworked, having to compensate for the volume of customers with merely a disproportionate amount of staffs.

"ty my life is," Seungri mumbled as he drag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter