When The Season’s Change

When It's Getting Dark

 

 

It’s a lovely day with bright blue sky covered almost all over Seoul, along with shooting warm breeze comes from the almost fall season. Here she is, petite girl with her thick cocoa knitted cardigan and light brown midi skirt, walking peacefully with her film camera in hand. Small smile engraved at her pinky thin lips, adoring the sight surrounded her.

Minjeong always have a special space for the walking weather on her heart. On her day off—especially, she would willingly spent her time  walking arround do nothing, just because. Though sometimes the monkey inside her head just tell her to do nothing on her room.

Her midi brown skirt flowing along with the warm breeze, calming herself even more. She loves walking, it feels like everything just gone along with her steps, she forgets everything, the practice, the montly evaluation—everything burdened her. A faint genuine smile curved on her thin lips, sighing in relieve with her hands doing it jobs to take a picture—another thing she used to love so dearly— before she started to doubt everything she does. 

It's been a long time since the last time her heart feels light and contented— for real. Everything seems okay for today— at least for now. She feels really grateful for getting up from her sleep— for today, silently praising the heaven to gave her this opportunity to feel something would likely wont last long on her heart.

But, Minjeong couldn’t careless about it, no matter how short the opportunity is, she would make sure to witness all of it with a grateful heart.

 

Oh Heaven, is it too much to ask if i want this happy feeling last long in my heart?

 

 

——

 

 

Okay, Please not now

 

 

Out of nowhere, the brain monkey getting all over her mind and body— for nth time.

She’s trembling— because she thinks something would likely getting wrong sooner or later— as usual.

She’s terrified— on something would likely to happen in the future, not that kind of future though, she just feel her walking routine will get ruined.

For nth time, she should have seen this coming, yet she just can get used to it— or would never get used to it. 

 

Oh how bad she wants to be a normal person even for a day.

 

Forcefully taking herself into the nearest and the most famous coffee shop in town, asked for one iced americano— just to calmed herself down. 

 

Sometimes coffee does help, or it does ruined you even more; kinda there's no line in between.

 

In this state, her impatient behaviour takes her body. She hates waiting so much. Lifelessly filling the vacant seat near the window, tapping her feets and her fingers—nervously. Impatiently waiting for the barista doing her coffee.

The monkey just can’t calm at the moment. Minjeong needs to distract the monkey, no, she should embrace it. But how?

Her hearts getting tight, getting heavy, she feels heavy, everything just getting blurred, she can’t feel a thing, she feel like fainting, she—

Minjeong inhaled a deep breath— though for so many times it doesnt help at all.

 

Calm yourself Minjeong, Monkey inside my head, please calm…

 

She knows, the monkey just messing up with her mind yet the way how she reacted to the monkey just… 

Makes her feels pathetic.

She cant help herself to get drowning at the moment. 

 

Okay, another wins for the monkey.

 

Taking her—just arrived— iced americano with trembling hands, she cannot help but to get pissed on herself.

 

It looks like i cant even do anything right—

 

All of sudden, a tiny hands stopping her trembling hands. Holding her firmly, with the rosary ring itself—it happened to be coupleling with her, Minjeong could really tell who's the owner of it’s hands.

“Kim Minjeong” the owner of its hands having the worried expression all over her face. 

Minjeong just do not know what’s gotten into her, out of the blue, she feels like crying. 

The heavy feeling on her need to get released.

Jimin’s worried face— unfortunately— worsened her need to cry. 

"What happened?" 

Minjeong’s heart sunkened at the moment. 

 

This heavy feeling is unbearable.

 

"F-fine"

Jimin—obviously— not buying it, but she doesn’t want to push the latter to her limits, not now.

Jimin could see how the latter's pained expressions were all over the petite's face. 

Oh only heaven knows how much Jimin wants to lift up the pain from the younger's shoulders.

Jimin smiling sadly, lowered her head only to hug the latter as close as she could. 

A faint sob slowly got into her ears.

“Mindungie Im here” Jimin whispered lowly on Minjeong's ears— trying to shootes whatever the younger’s feeling right now.

Minjeong can’t hold her tears any longer. Another faint sob escapes Minjeong's lips when Jimin's little fingers softly caressed the latter's hair. 

Everyone would never know, how does it feels, to have this pathetic side all over your brain. 

Minjeong exhausted, for real, sometimes she just wanna have a normal day without her hands trembling or feel like dying—even though she loves the idea of it— out of nowhere like monkey please just stop.

Jimin's hands still the latter's hair. Minjeong had her eyes closed, trying to not crying aloud just because

"I'll always be with you" Jimin whispered another thing on the petite's ears— which earned another painful sob from the latter.

Sometimes Minjeong just losing her will to continuing this pathetic life of hers. But, when The Yoo Jimin decide to walked into her miserable life. Holding her close, saving her from whatever the stupid thing she would done. She could never tell how grateful she is to have Jimin on her side.

 

 

Deep in her heart, she thanked to the heaven for bringing Jimin on to her miserable life.

 

 

——

 

 

After a weird encounter with Jimin, here they are. Silently walking hand in hand with warm and cold breeze arround them. 

Jimin's warm tiny hands shootened the younger's cold and trembling one. Minjeong slowly let out a faint smile—kinda reminicing "The Yoo Jimin" event earlier.

Another déjà vu

Because of that mighty makeup pouch of hers.

 

 

flashback

 

After a couple minutes passed, Minjeong felt a little bit better. The way Jimin's endearing soft smile as the first thing she witnessed—after her so called breakdown, always had affected her in "that" way.

"Much better?"

"Still trembling a little but im okay, i guess"

Jimin's beautiful soft smile never leaving her—already—beautiful face. 

"Okay then, let’s take another walk?" Minjeong nodded silently, still trying to adjust with her trembling state, kinda little panic and her obviously terrible sweating behavior.

After a couple steps, Minjeong trying to have a "normal" conversation with the taller one. Silently hoping the monkey willat leastbehaved with Jimin on her side.

"How you found me there though?" 

Jimin's face turn into the petite girl beside her. 

 

Eh? How did i found her?

 

No, not again

“OH MY GOD I JUST REMEMBER IT! MY MAKEUP POUCH!” Jimin shocked by herself with Minjeongsilentlytrying not to laugh at the moment.

"Really Ji? Again??" Minjeong chuckled at the confused giant baby beside her.

“Shut up Jjeong lets go”

 

flashback end

 

 

"Stupid Yooji" Minjeong chuckled a little.  Jimin looking at the petite's disbelieved.

"Shut up" Jimin—with her makeup pouch on her bag—let out a cute pout. 

"I can’t believe you left it again for a nth time"

"I used to left it for only God knows how times already and don’t get me wrong, this thing is too small" Jimin let her cheeky smile with her hand still on Minjeong’s, slowly interwined them, swaying it happily.

“how it feels to have a walking buddy?” Jimin's eyes on the petite's beside her, silently hoping she could make the latter feels better—even for a bit.

"weirdly… it's nice to have a company" Minjeong smiling with her eyes focused on the roads.

Jimin silently nodded with a smile all over her. Minjeong looked at Jimin's side, astonished with the ethereal creature beside her. Feeling grateful for whatever Jimin done for her.

A friendly reminder, this isn't the first time Jimin witnessed this side of the younger, but she never have at least a single thought to left the latter struggling alone—just because, why would though?.

Jimin would never leave Minjeong alone, just like what she always told the latter.

The thought itself bringing the warm feelings onto Minjeong's weak heart—it's kinda beating erratically for absolutely no reason.

“Thank you, Ji” 

“Hm?”

“Thank you for staying no matter how pathetic iam” Minjeong let her genuine smile, interwining her fingers tightly with Jimin's.

"Im so grateful to have you"

“No, Jeongie, Thank you for being honest with me” 

Minjeong can't help the urge to bringing the taller one into her embrace, hugging the taller tightly.

"Thank you, thank you for staying Ji" 

Jimin could feeling how Minjeong's heart beating fast at its moment—same goes with her.

Jimin somehow doesn't know why she feel like needed to protect the younger at any cost. She hates seeing the younger being oblivious to herself. Jimin really wants the latter seeing herself the way Jimin seeing the petite one.

In Jimin eyes, Minjeong was an absolut perfections, someone who shes adore that much, someone who had it's way onto her own heart.

Minjeong had it's special place on her heart.

Oh how badly she want the latter knows how much Kim Minjeong means to her.

"I'll always stay by your side Jjeongie" Jimin whispered onto the youngers ears, with her hands on the petite's waist, hugging her close.

 

 

——

 

 

"Sing for me" Jimin pouted at the younger, asking the latter to sing with her big guitar—named "that thing" just because.

Glaring the taller one—who's holding the petite's guitar right now— Minjeong sat on the edge of her bed. Obviously getting ready to sleep.

"Dont asked me to do that thing

"Oh c’mon, i never see you singing with this mighty guitar" Jimin sat beside the petite one—who's currently busying herself with her phone.

"Aside from practice" Minjeong added quickly.

"Okay... aside from practice" Minjeong just shrugging the taller's request which get a cute pout from Jimin.

"You could playing that thing by yourself you know" Minjeong said after a long cute pout gaven to her. 

"Stop pouting, that doesn’t suit you" She added. 

Jimin still pouting and giving the latter puppy eyes.

"Please?" Jimin trying to convice the latter with her cute puppy eyes—Minjeong hates it just because.

"Okay... just stop doing that thing" Minjeong cannot hide her blooming cheeks, effect of Jimin's awful aegyo.

 

She could just admit Jimin is cute even without doing her aegyo thing —shut up

 

"Which song?" Minjeong prepared herself to playing "that thing"—she kinda hates named her guitar as a guitar because it's burdened her.

"Up to you" 

Minjeong strooming her guitar with Taeyeon's most famous;

 

11:11

It's Jimin's favourite.

Jimin can't hide her smile, along with her sudden blooming cheeks. Eyes never leaving the petite girl—Jimin just adoring the latter who's heavenly singing her favourite's along with her guitar on her lap. 

 

Who's cannot fall for Minjeong's charm though.

 

Out of the blue, Jimin's hand making its way to the younger's hair, startling both of them.

Jimin had her eyes grew bigger with her sudden act—same goes to Minjeong, who'd currently stopping from whatever she do.

 

Im screwed

 

There's absolutely no a correct reasons of "why should Jimin—out of the blue— the latter's hair" nor an exact explanation for that.

An awkward silence suddenly engulfing these two young girls.

 

Okay Jimin, think, you should say something.

 

"Okay... im sorry, youre just too cute to resist you know?" Jimin trying to ease the sudden tension between them with an awkward chuckled.

Minjeong trying to not looked nervous, smiling softly and setting the guitar aside. 

"Thank you—even though im aware about it" Minjeong let out a cheeky smile. 

Jimin on another hand couldnt help herself to not squealing inside just because.

Her hands—again—doing it’s way to lower down on to Minjeong's puffy cheeks. Smiling devilishly before giving the younger a quick pinch.

The younger widen her eyes in shocked. 

"ITS HURTS" Minjeong exclaimed with her hands busy carresed her cheeks— it just stung a little though.

Jimin let out her annoying playful smile while Minjeong just pouted cutely with her hands still caressed her cheeks.

"Im sorry.. is it hurt?" Jimin still smiling, her hands slowly holding Minjeong's hands— its still on the younger cheeks.

Okay, another nervous thingy comes through their veins.

Minjeong's cheeks turn into crimson red due to this closeness with the Mighty Yoo Jimin.

“I—it just stung a little" 

 

Screwed it, why in the world im stuttered?

 

Jimin cannot diverting her attention from the younger's face. The way Minjeong's eyes locking with taller's, The way her cheeks still covered with both of their hands, the way Minjeong's thin lips parted a little—

Okay, something's gotta out of Jimin's hand.

Her smile slowly faltered, with her eyes still on Minjeong's. Jimin's hands slowly removed the younger's hands on her cheeks. Moving closer to the latter—who had her heart beating erraticly— giving the latter a quick peck on her cheeks.

This is friendly things though

On another hand, Minjeong just cant believe what just happened, that was awfully fast to her liking. 

Jimin—herself—even couldn’t believe what just happened though. It just happened without her own conciousness— and the heck, Minjeong will find it uncanny.

"Im sorry but— you know i just trying to ease the pain" Jimin stuttered while withdrawing her hands from the latter's cheeks. 

Minjeong slowly let out a small smile— kinda embarrased at the moment. She always loves Jimin's affections though, the way Jimin would dearingly planted a small kiss on her nose— everynight (when she was asleep).

"Thank you for always making sure im all okay" Minjeong hold Jimin's hands, slowly bringing Jimin's hands on her cheeks— once again. Jimin having sigh in relief, finally smiling. 

"Im truly grateful to have you Ji, for real" Minjeong smiling all along, with her hands still on Jimin’s— who'd currently on mute mode, just because.

Minjeong couldn’t help herself to fall for Jimin. Everything about the taller simply left her amazed, giving her that tingly jiggly strange sensations on hers. She couldn’t help herself to feel something— she doesn’t know if it’s a good thing or no, for now.

Slowly, without her own conciousness, Minjeong brings the taller one closer, with her hands still on Jimin's. 

Her hazel orbs meeting Jimin's dark brown one, kinda telling the older about something— she couldn’t tell what that is. 

Minjeong closed her eyes when Jimin's face getting closer on her; 

Untill the soft thing landed on her lips. 

It's not moving, just stay for a couple seconds, yet it feels like forever.

Minjeong couldn’t tell what she's really feel right now. So does Jimin.

Slowly parted their lips, Minjeong searching Jimin's beautiful brown orbs only to found the older already had her eyes on her ever since.

It’s awkward, yet it feels comforting.

Minjeong couldn’t hide her anxiousness, at this moment she just hoping the heaven would really swallowed her alive.

So does Jimin. She's terrified.

"Im— im sorry" Minjeong was the first one having a courage to speak.

Things just happened that fast to her own liking.

On another hand, Jimin couldn’t really tell what she really want to do. 

 

Is it really something prohibited to do though?

 

Jimin shakes her head, smiling softly.

"There's nothing to be sorry"

Minjeong can really felt how her heart beating erraticly at the moment, she's in urge to cry— because she thought that kiss is her fault.

Kissing with you friend, your besrfriend—moreover a girl— was a mistake in the first place. 

It's a sin. She's a sinner.

Jimin noticed how Minjeong became really anxious, softly the latter's hair. Still smiling. 

"Jjeongie, look at me" 

Minjeong's eyes slowly meeting Jimin’s— who's still smiling to the younger. The next thing Jimin do is pulling the latter's nape on another kiss— which really caught Minjeong off guard.

At the moment, Minjeong's heart just gonna explode sooner or later. 

The way Jimin slowly deepened their kiss, nibbling the younger's lips softly with her hands still on the younger's nape. Pulling the younger as close as possible.

Minjeong closed her eyes, slowly getting carried away with Jimin's lips on her.

Something on Minjeong's heart tells her "this isn’t right" yet the another one tells her the opposite.

Without giving much thought on their kinda second kiss, Minjeong returned the kiss as passionate as Jimin’s. Leaving them savouring the most beautiful thing—at least for them— in their world. 

Just a two girl, kissing each other behind the locked doors.

Not wanting to think about something would likely to happen in the future.

Just let them be, at least for tonight.

with Jimin's lips on Minjeong, everything just feels so right;

 

Yet feels so wrong

 

 

 

 

——

a/n

 

ASDFGHJKL I CANT STOP SMILING TRU THAT KISS- okay be straight will you?.

hello, its li again

thank you for everyone who willingly waiting for this shorty shorty fanfic of mine 😭😭

i rlly hope this will met your expectation and im sorry you should wait for another long time again (bc my trash ability to write a things istg) 

lastly, thank you for votes and all of comments!!! YALL DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATED A LITTLE THING U WRITE ON COMMENT SECTIONS I LOVE YOU ALL SO DEARLY 😭😭😭