An Encounter

When It's Getting Dark

 

 

It’s been a tough day for every trainee in sm debut list, especially for minjeongㅡshe feels like fainting every seconds passed. At this point she just dont wanna do anything instead of going home, tucking her petite figure in blanket and just forget everything.

She's nervous for a LOT of reason, she cant help but to wonder how peaceful would it be when she just out from this so-called-jail. But, no avail, this is her DREAM, she cannot just let it down for this stupid reason-her kinda nervousness. She quietly tapping her fingers on to the floor with unfocused eyes. Hoping the feeling wont last long.

 

But, it’s really normal to be nervous right?

 

Today is montly evaluation, a.k.a the real nightmare. They didnt spend everyday in the practice room for nothing. This is what scared them TOO MUCH. Though Minjeong had to do this a couple times (its been a year anw) but still, she cant help but to be nervous.

 

She just wonder why she didnt debut, just yet?

 

She wasnt even sure, is she will get debuted or the company just waiting her to give up on her own and leave the company—just like the other trainee does.

A light tap on her shoulders snapping her from all trained thoughts, the month evaluation is officially starting.

"I got this, i got this" 

She whispered to herself, trying to get her confidence back.

 

 

The night after a nightmare, at 1 AM to be exact. Theres no one left on the practice room beside a certain petite creature named Minjeong. 

She nailed the performance, as usual.

But she feels so empty.

She waited for something, at least she wanted to heard something from her trainer. Something like “youre going to get ur first song” or something like “your going to debut with…” anything with debut in it.

But, it seems like Minjeong being TOO hopeful.

"As expected, im not good enough so..." she paused trying to hold an urge to cry "so... they didnt choose me" 

Minjeong let out her tears, she knows arround this time, there no trainees left.

 

Sadly, not for today.

 

Yoo Jimin, a certain tall women with long brown hair, accidentally leaving her precious makeup bag on the practice room. Before shes forgot about her precious makeup— especially her lipstick. She got back to the practice room to found someone crying awfully loud with head down on her knees.

At first, she dont know what to do.

Witnessing a crying woman in the practice room is surely new experience to her. But her heart just tells her to go and try to approach the crying woman.

She just obeyed it.

Slowly she make her ways to the crying woman. Feeling unsure, but she's already going this far. With a lot of worries, Jimin lightly tapping minjeong's shoulders which kinda startled the latter.

 

Im screwed

 

Minjeong cursed herself for being so reckless to give in to her own feelings. No one ever found her crying, EVER.

 

Screwed it

 

Abruptly trying ro remove her tears, Minjeong held her head down, not really ready to face anyone who'd found her in this pathetic state.

"Hey.. its okay..." Jimin sat down beside the petite woman

Having no answer from the petite one, Jimin gently patted the latter—again.

"is... is it okay to hug you?" Jimin softly asked, hoping the latter will accept her.

Minjeong silently peeking on to Jimin’s to found the latter soft mesmerizing brown orbs— and kinda lost at it. After a while, Minjeong nodded her head quietly, still with tears in her eyes.

Jimin don’t waste a time to softly bringing Minjeong on her arms with her hands gently carressing latters hair.

"Thank you" Minjeong had her eyes closed with x amount of comfy feelings.

"No worries, im here" Jimin smiling softly also with eyes closed because, something she cant tell either, but its really comfortable to have Minjeong in her arms, or maybe worsened, shes already got used to it and wants more.

 

 

 

 

After a couple minutes passed, Minjeong felt a little better. Awkwardly trying to let go from Jimin's arms, minjeong shyly putting the strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you again, hmmm?" Minjeong come on to realisation, she doesnt even know who is she.

 

What if she is one of her trainers, OH MY

 

"Yoo Jimin" Jimin cut Minjeong from her flooded thoughts.

Upon hearing a familiar name, she leaving a relieved sigh

"I hope you are the “Yoo Jimin" theyre talking about"

"Maybe..." Jimin let out a playful smile which get a sly smile from Minjeong.

Yoo Jimin, the famous trainees on SM. Who didnt know her? (Ok minjeong doesnt know her face, just yet) but Yoo Jimin, known as an ace for everything such a dancing, singing, rap, even her beautiful face and kinda not ready to mention, her propotional body. Everyone head over heels on her, for real.

"Oh my God.... what are you doing in the midnight? Don’t tell me you wanna practicing something?" Minjeong exclaimed, kinda burdened with the thought of The Goddes Jimin still practicing in the midnight after monthly evaluation. 

"After a long day of evaluation? Oh my... im surely just wanna get on my bed and laying peacefully" Jimin dramatically left out a loud sigh.

Minjeong chuckled at the latters dramatic answer.

"So... what are you up to?" 

"Mmm... OMG I FORGOT WHAT DO I WANNA DO HERE" this one got an annoying laughter from Minjeong.

Okay, speaking of jimin. Almost of  everything about her screams perfections, truly beautiful soul with beautiful shooting voice (sometimes her deep voice just unbearably shooting) powerful dance and rap along with perfect body. but...

She's really forgetful and clumsy.

Minjeong laughter echoed through the practice room, leaving Jimin with a loud sigh and lightly nudged the latter.

"Yaaah youre not helping, i forget everything because i found a little woman crying in the practice room you know?" Jimin pouted and Minjeong trying to calm herself for laughing any louder.

"Okay okay im sorry" Minjeong still laughing "youre truly the Jimin they’re talking about" 

"Screwed it... omg what do i wanna do... i know its something important" Jimin trying to recall her memory with eyes closed, at this point she is really look alike dory from finding nemo.

Minjeong just staring the confused girl in awe—and in the urge to cry—again, because she really found this side of Jimin just unbearably cute and funny.

“AH MY PRECIOUS MAKEUP BAG” Jimin smiling from ear to ear “WHERE ARE YOU, I FORGOT WHERE I LOST IT” Jimin dramatically pinch her nose bridge— kinda frustated.

"Let me help you" Minjeong offered, Jimin can’t tell anything beside "yes please" because she is indeed really desperate right now.

 

 

 

 

A couple hours passed, the couple of trainees already on their way to the dorm. Obviously with Jimin and her precious make up bag and Minjeong with her guitar on the back. 

"The guitar looks like want to eat you from behind"

"It really is" Minjeong softly chuckled, Jimin cant help but to staring at minjeong beautiful bareface, her cheeky smile, not forget to mention her little endearing dimple.

"Quit starring, i might melt" Minjeong softly nudged Jimin arms— feeling giddy with Jimin intense stare on her.

"You’re so full of yourself" Jimin pushed herself close to Minjeong "im cold, its already 3 AM, we’re insane" Jimin looking at Minjeongs little hands and snudged closer to the latter.

"That’s because your makeup bag" Minjeong pointed at Jimins makeup bag- its already safe in jimins embrace. 

“I mean who’d left her makeup bag on the fridge? i mean the FRIDGE” Minjeong added

Jimin pouted, Minjeong hold an urge to not pinch Jimin's cheeks because she found Jimin looks like a giant baby.

Minjeong chuckled softly and interwining her arms with Jimin’s. 

“Hmm… Jjeong?” Jimin almost cursing herself after slipping out her self-made nickname for the latter

“Huh?” Minjeong hiding her sudden giddiness from Jimin’s nickname for her AND WHY IN THE WORLD JIMIN KNOWS HER NAME.

“Why you’re crying?” 

Minjeong stopped her pace all of sudden— giving Jimin’s wrong idea.

“Oh... i mean, its… its okay if you wouldnt talk about it—“

“long story short, i feel hopeless” Minjeong cutted Jimin with sly smile “But its okay, you make me a little bit better”

Jimin kinda didn't buy it but the way Minjeong said she make her feel better even for little bit make Jimin’s heart softened.

“Thank you, again” Minjeong let out a genuine smile. 

“My pleasure” Jimin proceed to hold Minjeong’s cold hand.

“Lets go”

“Jjeong, its okay to feel hopeless but you know, i always impressed at everything you’ve done, even today” Jimin cant stop her eyes to being too CLEAR sounding her own feelings 

“You— i mean you know me, already?” Minjeong cant believe what she heard earlier.

“Who doesnt know “The Angelic Voice with playful behaviour Kim Minjeong” Jimin softly chuckled at the latter’s famous nickname.

Minjeong try to hold her smile— which miserably fail.

For now, she can’t tell how thankful she really is with Jimin’s hands interwined with hers.

With a comfortable silence, they’re happily coming back to their dorm.

Both of them hoping for something good will happen between them in the future.

 

 

------

 

 

 

 

a/n

Hello its Li

This story will have another chapters ahead, kinda 2-3 to be exact (i don't want to have another ongoing story just because) hope yall like it tho 🥺