Whipped

Omertà
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I was in your sights

You got me alone

You found me”

 

 

Shixun sighed, watching the smoke sliver in the air, forming discrete patterns in the foggy winter air.

He looked down at his bloodied hands and clicked his tongue in annoyance. Cleaning is one thing, but what annoyed him the most was the aftercare. He hated leaving wounds without disinfecting them. He had seen enough people dying with sepsis with even a small stab. Even his gang members made fun of his high hygiene.

His gaze shifted to the nearly mutilated face, lying on the gravel platform under the bridge. His cold eyes didn't even flinch at the sight of the amount of blood slowly pooling around the body.

Shixun sighed again.

The man will succumb to death soon, so Shixun did what he did to every man he killed with those slender fingers of his.

He took out a new cancer stick from the pack and lit it before laying it down softly in front of the man.

"Safe journey," he whispered to the unconscious man before walking away.

_

"!" Shixun cursed when he stabbed the cotton swab a bit too hard on the cut.

"That's a bad word!" A sudden chirpy voice came, startling the out of Shixun.

"Holy !" He shouted. The moment he saw who it was, he almost wanted to curse at himself again.

Did I just got scared by a kid? He looked in disbelief at the little girl in front of his eyes.

"That is a bad word too!" She pointed her small, chubby finger accusingly at Shixun.

"And how do you know it is a bad word?" Shixun asked, swiftly putting back the meds inside before it caught the girl's attention. He wasn't prepared to deal with this situation. At all.

"Teacher Manoban told me! Say sorry or put candy in the curse jar." She said, looking very seriously at him. Shixun chuckled dryly before getting off the bench and squatting down to the kid's eye level. He motioned her to come close, which the girl compliantly did.

"Didn't your teacher tell you not to talk to strangers?"

"Oh!" The little girl's eyes and mouth turned round in realization. Shixun chuckled at the girl's innocence.

The night was pretty cold, and the girl was looking adorable with the layers of clothes on her. How a gruesome killer like him can immediately surrender to the cuteness of a little creature like this is beyond his mind.

Shixun tucked the open jacket of the child close and zipped it up, not wanting her to catch cold.

"So what are you going to do about that?" He asked, amused at the conflicted face of the child.

Here he was, speaking softly to the small kid when not even an hour ago he beat a man to a pulp who was now on his death bed. He almost wanted to laugh.

"Idea!" The girl clicked her index finger to the thumb. "We can quickly become friends!" She jumped.

Shixun looked at her in admiration.

Kids are so innocent.

He was a monster and talking to a meek creature like the kid almost felt guilty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter