Sharing Secrets

Fear of Love

As the rain fell on the pair, deep emotions were running through both individuals. One with regret and the other with pain from rejection. Siwon placed his hand on Yesung's cheek to wipe away what he believed was a tear and not the rain. " Yesung I do not expect you to feel the same way as I do for you" Siwon bravely said. " That night when I said I like you, you were never meant to know that" Siwon dropped his hand from Yesung's face. "It has done nothing but cause pain for both you and me" Siwon sighed from finally facing the truth. Yesung would never feel the same way towards him and that was more painful than anything he had experienced in his life. Unfortunately it was something he would have to accept.

 

Yesung wanted to make peace with Siwon, go back to the way things use to be between them. "Things won't be like they use to, will they" Yesung looked at Siwon. Neither of them were even bothered by the rain and getting wet. This moment right now is all that they were focused on. "Things won't be like how they use too if you will always believe that" Siwon explained. "I don't expect things to be the same but I am hoping that we haven't lost our friendship" Siwon said. Yesung shook his head and replied "No we haven't". 

 

Later on Yesung was back at his apartment having a shower. He was thinking about how they left things in the end.

 

One hour earlier 

 

"I am glad we are still friends" Siwon told Yesung, "goodbye my friend" and with that Siwon turned and walked away. 

 

End of flashback

 

Yesung put his head against the shower tiles. For some reason he felt happy but in a strange way disappointed. Yet he had no idea why he felt disappointed because what was he disappointed about. Yesung got out of the shower and grabbed his towel to dry himself off. "What is it" he was asking himself while drying his hair with his towel. He was then in his bedroom getting changed while constantly saying to himself "why, why uhh WHY"and started getting frustrated. " Why do am l feeling disappointed, Siwon and I both agreed we are still friends, so why am I feeling this way" Yesung collapsed on his bed.

 

"I don't understand it, I mean yeh he told me he likes me and I told him I don't have feelings for him" Yesung was mumbling to himself. "Uhh my head hurts" he rubbed his head due to the frustration. In the end he decided to go to bed as he had a busy schedule the next morning. Unfortunately for Yesung he wasn't going to have the best sleep constantly pondering on things.

 

Siwon on the other hand was at his sisters place. Siwon decided he needed to see someone he knew he could talk to who he could trust. After what happened in the rain with Yesung it deffiently didn't end up the way he has hoped. In his mind he had hoped that his feelings for Yesung would be strong enough for Yesung to reciprocate feelings back. However that was just a piped dream, Siwon knew Yesung was not into men and despite how close they had always been. Yesung would never feel the same way as Siwon did for him. 

 

"Siwon, here's your drink" Siwons sister placed a soda In front of him on the coffee table. His sister knew something wasn't right because usually Siwon is very talkative when he comes over. "What's going on"? Siwon looked up at his sister and he knew that he couldn't keep this secret to himself anymore. If he could tell anyone it was his sister as she always listened to him when he had a problem. "What would you say if I told you I have strong feelings for someone" Siwon just straight came out and said it. "I would say you were very brave and whoever this person is they are very lucky to have someone like you to care for them" she responded to her brothers question. " So who is the lucky lady thats captured your heart" she looked at Siwon with suspense. 

 

Well this was it, it was either now or never. "Not a lady unfortunatley" he said gaining a surprised look from his sister. "Wait are you saying it's a man" Siwons sister got a nod from him as his response, "Are you telling me your gay, I mean if you are thats completely fine with me" she started rambling on. "No I am not gay, well I don't believe I am as I am still attracted to woman" Siwon said. "I don't know but for a while I started gaining strong feelings for someone who I have known for years" he explained to his sister. "So I must know this person if you have known him for years" she asked and Siwon nodded his head. "Its Yesung" when he finally told his sister the room went silent for a while.

 

It did not cross his sisters mind that it would be a member from super junior. However if she had to pick which member it was that Siwon liked, Yesung would have deffiently been her first choice. "So Yesung huh, well I can deffiently see why he would be the one" she told him. "So this doesn't bother you at all" Siwon asked her a bit surprised from her calm reaction. "Why should I be bothered, it is your life and no one can help who they fall for" his sister replied. "I must ask, does Yesung know?" She looked at her younger brother and she already knew what his answer was going to be. "So how did Yesung take it when you told him" she asked. "He was never meant to know but I said it out of, I guess you could say anger when he was going on about woman and marriage" Siwon then suddenly relived the moment all over again. 

 

"So I take it Yesung was quite surprised by your sudden confession" she asked Siwon. Siwon replied with a nod, "He sure did to the point he couldn't speak or even face me", "well that was until tonight when he told me he could not feel the same way for me" Siwon suddenly felt sad. His sister came and sat next to him and took his hand in her own. "Siwon you can't expect someone to harbour those same feelings, no matter how much you wish for it and I can see how much you want it by looking in your eyes" she was being very delicate with her words. "I would love nothing more for the person you love to love you back but that's not how it always works", "but remember when I say this, right now Yesung is afraid" she said to Siwon. "He loves super junior he loves his career as a singer and an actor and to him he is probably afraid he will lose all of that, especially if he ended up liking you back". 

 

Siwon never thought of that, he knew how hard it was for Yesung to get noticed and build up his own fan base. Yesung's love for music could be ruined and Siwon knew that Yesung would not handle that well. No matter how much he wanted Yesung, that may just not ever happen.