XI | the reason

A work of art
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Tennie is here, and - oh." Taemin shot Jongin a look, and Jongin promptly perked up. "Is he here?" A simple nod was enough for stressed Jongin to become a very happy Jongin.

"Don't get too distracted," said Taemin mischievously. Jongin could not see his face from this angle, but he could hear that nasty smirk on his face.

" off," replied Jongin half-heartedly, and Taemin just laughed at his misery. What best friends are for.

His prevailing nervousness faded the instant the music he has heard far too frequently in the past few weeks started playing. Even the thought of his nameless crush watching him from the crowd couldn't break his concentration.

"Become one with the music," Taemin had said. "Let the music flow through your body like it's your blood." Jongin loved the mellifluous feeling. "Your movements should be graceful, looking like you're not putting much physical effort into it at all. Yet you appear powerful." Jongin never knew how to describe it, but Taemin had a way with words.

Dancing is a form of art. Art is expressing yourself through visuals or a particular perception. The mystery artist expressed himself through painting, and Jongin liked to express himself through dance.

"People are different, so it is only natural for everyone to have their own way of expressing their emotions and representing themselves."

No matter how much he enjoyed himself, Jongin felt relief ripple over him once he was backs

Please log in to read the full chapter