VI | the anxiety

A work of art
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Taemin says Jongin isn't going to stop until he knows who you are," Ten told him, and Mark just wanted to disappear. Why didn't earth just swallow him right then and there?

"Why don't you just 'expose' yourself already?" asked Ten. "He is undoubtedly interested in you. Someone who doesn't care wouldn't hunt down the entire school to obtain the name of one particular person."

"You have no idea how embarrassed I am," mumbled Mark. "Especially after running away like that. I even forgot my sketchbook, so he definitely knows."

"That gives him another motivation to search for you," Ten reasoned.

"You're not helping."

"Oh, you have no idea," Ten smiled.

Mark sighed. "Why does my best friend have to be dating my crush's best friend? I suspect that you know several things that I don't."

"Mark, believe me, the only one who doesn't know anything is Jongin."

"So Taemin knows too. Great. Another reason to be embarrassed."

"He's not judging. He thinks it's cute."

"He thought your hellhound illustration was cute too. I do not trust his judgement."

Ten exhaled deeply. "You will really become dejected if you keep this up. Mark Lee, I never knew I'd say this to you but please grow some balls and just allow Jongin to learn about you. You've finally gotten his attention, you shouldn't waste it."

"I'm terrified."

"It's going to be alright. If not, I'm here for you."

Please log in to read the full chapter