X | the final chapter

A work of art
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark had been both terrified and thrilled to see Jongin dance on stage. He had seen him dance before, obviously, for Jongin had been his main inspiration for the past several months. But all that was ere Jongin knew about his existence.

He knew it was close to impossible, but he yet feared Jongin would see him in the crowd. That he would accidentally stumble upon him. It was a fear that became a reality shortly after Jongin's and Taemin's performance ended.

Ten's face brightened, and nervousness began to consume him as Mark turned around. Jongin and Taemin were right behind them.

"Tennie," he heard Taemin exclaim over the loud music from a girl's performance. Ten pulled Taemin into a hug, mumbling inaudible words into his ear, and Mark was left defenseless.

He slowly looked up to see Kim Jongin look at him. Mark carefully examined the defined features of his face, seeking for anger, confusion, or disgust. There was none. Jongin studied him from head to toe with soft, curious eyes.

His presence was overwhelming up close. Mark speculated he could suffocate from nervousness any moment. The cage deep inside his heart, where he had locked away his feelings, was opened suddenly, and Mark had not been ready.

"You," Jongin called gently. "Will you... will you tell me your name? Please?" He looked pleading, almost, and Mark could drown in those eyes.

"Mark." He didn't trust his voice enough to say any more.

"Mark," Jongin breathed out as if testing how it rolled off the tongue. "I've wanted to meet you for quite some time."

"I'm so sorry, I- I'm not... I didn't mean-"

"There are so many things I want to tell

Please log in to read the full chapter