HELPLESSLY (DAHMO/SAIDA)

TWICE SHORTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: PART 2 OF LAVENDER ROSES

 

***

 

Ding...

 

My phone chimed, and as I opened it, I saw a message from Momo.

 

> MomoguMogu: Still on for tomorrow?        

​​> Dubidoobu: Yeah. Pick you up at around 10

> MomoguMogu: Got it! See ya! Good night ;*

> Dubidoobu: Night <3

 

Momo and I are college friends. Well, she's one of my closest friends actually (considering the fact that we consistently flirt with each other, but we never really go beyond that "line", and we always were contented with whatever it is we have). In Chaeyoung language, she's what you call a "soulmate". She's that one friend you can always depend on, the "one call away" friend (aside from Chaeng of course).

 

Anyway, the reason why I'm meeting Momo tomorrow is that she's helping me with that sticker thingy, the one that you put on your headlights for automatic pass on the expressways. They shifted to contactless payments just recently because of the Rona, so it's important that motorists comply (unless of course you wanna be fined).

 

Why Momo, and not Chaeng this time? Chaeng's kinda busy at the moment. She's still in the camp completing her internship, so Momo was my second choice (but don't tell her that).

 

Fast-forward to the next day...

 

"So you're really going back home huh?"​​​​​​, Momo spoke from the passenger seat.

 

We just came back from the South and successfully applied the sticker thingy; got Momo to thank for that (of course I had to bribe her with food, Momo isn't an easy girl).

 

​​​​​​"Yeah, I mean, there's nothing left for me here", I answered nonchalantly.

 

Momo scoffed beside me, which brought me back to my senses. Even before I could glance at her, I already knew she was pouting. 

​​​​​

​​​​​And true enough, I couldn't hold the giggles in when I saw her puppy dog eyes directed at me.

 

"You know what I mean Mo"​​​​​​, I said as I averted my gaze back to the road.

 

"I know, I know. It's just that it's my first time hanging out with you again after so many years, only to say goodbye to you for real this time. I'm really going to miss you Dubs, who knows when we'll see each other again?"

 

I wanted to laugh at her for being so dramatic. We weren't always like that. In fact, we were never like that. Whenever Momo and I are together, we always goof around to the point that we annoy the people around us unconsciously. So to actually hear the sincerity in her voice, the truth dawned upon me. She had a point. And I too, would miss Momo badly.​

 

"We can always chat, or call, or even FaceTime if somehow I start missing your stupid face; which is unlikely by the way"​​​​​​, I tried to joke around just to lighten the mood.

 

And Momo as per usual, never disappoints, "You say that now, but I'm pretty sure you'll be dreaming of this stupid face in no time"​​​​​​, she answered with a grin.

 

"Oh I sure hope not, I'm not very fond of nightmares"​​​​​​, I answered with a teasing tone.

 

Momo just laughed it off and sighed contentedly before speaking again.

 

“Really though, I'm so proud of you Dr. Kim", she said as she flashed me her warmest smile when I took another glance.

 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I just passed the licensure examination. No longer will I hear "Intern Kim" along the hospital hallways, it's Dr. Kim Dahyun now (music to my ears). 

 

"I still can't believe it. I'm still processing the entire thing to be honest"​​​​​​, I answered with a shy smile.

 

"Well believe it. I always knew you could do it in one take. You always were smart Kim Dahyun"​​​​​​, she announced with so much pride.

 

But all of a sudden, she added something I didn't quite expect, "What about that resident chick you were always talking about? Captain Minatozaki, was it?“​​​​​​, she asked.

 

​​​​​​"What about her?"

 

"Oh don't play dumb with me Kim, I literally just announced that you're smart. And don't think that I forgot about your promise"​​​​​​, she said accusingly.

 

"I don't quite remember making any promises recently"​​​​​​, I still tried to play it off.

 

With that, I heard Momo scoff (yet again), "Good thing I'm here to remind you then, which I doubt you need reminding at all. You promised me, the minute you become a real doctor, you'll finally confess to her."

 

Here's the thing. Right after I graduated from the camp, I heard Captain Minatozaki broke it off with her boyfriend. Something about not having time for each other and frequent arguments about the most mundane things (at least that's what Chaeng and some other sources said. I didn't ask for any further details; didn't really wanna know heh).

 

Funny thing is that, most of my co-interns and some hospital staff were rooting for me back then. I had ears and eyes all around the perimeter. Even the ones I didn't personally know sent me random photos of Captain Minatozaki. It's kinda creepy what they were doing, and it ticked me off a bit because that's a clear violation of someone's privacy; borderline stalker behavior (right?). That's on them though; no one forced them to do that (I never asked them eit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter