LAVENDER ROSES (SAIDA)

TWICE SHORTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Valentines' Day 2020, right before the pandemic, when I heard my phone chime.

 

"So I gave her the bouquet, just like you asked me“, read the text. It was Chaeyoung.

 

 

I replied, ​​​​​​"How did she take it?"

 

"She loved it. As expected. Kept bugging me to tell her who it's from." 

 

I can't help the smile that formed on my face when I saw her text.

 

If you're asking, I asked Chaeng a favor to deliver a bouquet of roses to our resident, making it seem like it came from a "secret admirer". Cheezy, I know, but technically it's the truth. Also, roses? Cliché. Believe me I know (again), but what can I do, roses are my favorite.

 

​​​"And... what did you say?“​​​​​​, I asked.

 

 

(OH RIGHT!!! I almost forgot...

 

This is not a love story.) 

 

​​​​​​

"Told her it's from Captain Jeon."

 

I'd be lying to myself if I told you that that didn't sting, because it did. It really did. But I can't do anything about that. See, we work in a military institution. Chaeng and I are senior medical interns, and I unfortunately, fell in love with one of our residents; who by the way is anything but single. Her not being single isn't the only problem here. Working in a military institution, non heteroual relationships are fervently frowned upon. So as much as I would like to profess my undying love for my resident, I just couldn't; not unless I want her to suffer the consequences of my actions.

 

It was love at first sight, believe it or not. I for one, am not a believer of such bull, but it is what it is. I didn't expect it to happen to me, but it did. The moment I realized that, I knew I was screwed.

 

I could've just brushed it off you know, there's plenty of fish in the sea. But people talk, gossip is passed around worse than corona, and I, well I am one of the recipients who willingly accept such information; and such information states that Capt. Minatozaki is miserable. Being a "semi-roma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter