AS THE WORLD CAVES IN (2YEON)

TWICE SHORTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Remember the night we went drinking at Dahyun's dormitory? Truth is, my friends never liked you, but they loved me enough to welcome your presence and join in on our session.

 

I didn't wanna do it because I knew that drinking won't do you any good. It's always just temporary fix.

 

But you looked into my eyes and I swear, I could almost feel your pain. And so I let it happen this one time.

 

 

Shot after shot, you let the liquid burn your throat, hoping it would numb the pain.

 

Not gonna lie though, I think you won them over with that stunt you pulled.

 

I tried to slow you down multiple times, but you always swatted my hands away. My stupid friends cheered you on while laughing at my desperate attempts. It didn't take long for them to be howling like wolves, even our dear silent Tzuyu. The atmosphere in the room shifted; by then I knew they've completely accepted you as one of our own.

 

So I gave up after a while. I knew everyone was having a great time, I wouldn't wanna be a buzzkill. And you loved the attention anyway.

 

Soon enough, everyone was drunk. Everyone but me.

 

I'm sorry I faked my shots, I only wanted to look after you.

 

You were always stubborn. It's one of the things that unexpectedly drew me closer to you; one of the things we have in common I guess. Even in your drunken stupor, you consumed the alcohol like a champ.

 

Then, in a whisper, you started to tell me your story. The story I always wondered about, but never got the answers to. The reason why we ended up drinking that night, why you drank like there was no tomorrow; why you were so broken, I could barely look at you straight in the eyes.

 

Turns out you fell for someone who can't seem to feel the same way for you. You told me it wasn't the first time.

 

Guess that's one other thing we have in common huh?

 

Even then, you found a way to make a joke out of it all. And you know what? In a way, I admired you for that... because I could never.

 

 

You were making jokes when out of nowhere, you started tearing up.

 

My friends were laughing at you then, saying you looked ridiculous for laughing while crying; thinking it was all still part of the joke.

 

I'm sorry they didn't know any better. Everyone was drunk after al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter