Two.

and She Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a year later when Joohyun suddenly wanted – inspired – to become a cheerleader.

She thought they were cool and she loved how amazing their moves were. Not to mention how they charmed the audience with their striking visuals.

But of course, that was not the main reason.

Krystal Jung was.

Joohyun wouldn't deny how gorgeous the said girl was and how perfect she looked; even Taeyeon once told her she had a crush on that girl, which Joohyun thought was not a surprise anymore.

Joohyun first saw Krystal when she and her team performed in one of Taeyeon's school events. She didn't mean to be there because, heck, she was not into sports at all.

But then a certain someone invited – pleaded – her to come and she didn't have the heart to say no.

"I know you wanted to come not because of her plea but because you simply wanted to see her," Taeyeon that night, giving her a playful smirk while wiggling her eyebrows.

Joohyun blushed.

Okay, who was she kidding? She'd still say yes in a heartbeat even before the girl invites her to.

She was not into sports but she was totally into Seulgi.

So, there she was, sitting in the middle row of the bleachers, high enough to see Seulgi from there.

Joohyun turned her head to Seungwan when she felt the girl elbowed her; then Seungwan nodded her head towards the court, signaling her to see what's below there.

And that's when the volleyball teams came into her view. A smile crept into her face when her eyes caught the older girl. She always almost forgot Taeyeon was in the same team as Seulgi, now she saw her sister waving in her direction dorkily which made Joohyun lowered her head in embarrassment but waved her hand a little after that.

She chuckled when Taeyeon grabbed Seulgi by her shoulder and pointed her index finger towards Joohyun's direction.

Seulgi squinted her eyes as she tried to spot Joohyun amongst the crowd and Joohyun could see her furrowed brows while asking Taeyeon where she might be.

So, Joohyun decided to raise her arms and waved both of them enough for Seulgi to notice her finally. When Seulgi did, judging by her expression, – who was squinting and now replaced with a bright beam – she looked surprised as if she didn't expect Joohyun actually to come and watch her play.

Okay, but no one ever expected Joohyun to waste her time and watch any sports after all.

Joohyun cutely – according to Seulgi – brought her balled fist up and shouted 'fighting!' even though she one hundred percent sure Seulgi couldn't hear her from down there but then Seulgi mirrored her action and it brought a wide smile to her face.

And the match began.

 

 

As expected, Daegu High won against Dukwon High. The crowd cheered and roared, including Joohyun. The winning team couldn't even refrain themself from celebrating until Joohyun saw Seulgi got thrown away high in the air by her teammates while holding a trophy.

Joohyun stared at them – her – fondly. She could see how happy Seulgi was, and she wanted to be one of the reasons behind it as well. She sighed when she saw them walked back into the changing room and suddenly, a bunch of beautiful girls came out with pompoms in their hands, which Joohyun finally realized they were cheerleaders.

"Krystal Jung," Seungwan suddenly spoke, startling her.

"Huh?"

"Krystal Jung, the one who danced at the front," Seungwan replied without even looking at her, Joohyun tried to follow her gaze and sure enough, her eyes met the Krystal Jung herself, who just finished dancing, all sweaty but still looked breathtaking.

Joohyun shrugged. What's so special about her? Not going to lie. She was tall, y, and gorgeous just like any other cheerleaders who stood behind her.

She heard Seungwan sighed dreamily, "I wish I can at least shake her hand and you know Joohyun, your sister is lucky to be in the same school as her," she continued.

Okay, now, Joohyun didn't know how to respond to that. Whatever it was, this Krystal Jung girl must be popular.

And that performance concluded today's event.

 

 

Joohyun and Seungwan were waiting outside the locker room.

Seungwan could see how excited Joohyun was and was amused at Joohyun's disappointed expression whenever a person came out of the room was not the person she had been waiting for.

And finally, Taeyeon walked out. She was wearing her team's jacket while carrying her gym bag.

"Unnie!"

"Joohyun-ah! And hey to you too, Seungwan!" She smiled and patted Joohyun's head, causing Jooohyun to whine after that; then, her gaze dropped at Joohyun's hand.

"Ah, is that for me? Thank you, really! You don't have to-" just when Taeyeon's hand about to reach the bottle in Joohyun's hand, it suddenly got swatted away and Joohyun quickly hid it behind her back.

"This is not for you!" Joohyun stuck her tongue out and Taeyeon blinke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter