Four.

and She Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you so much for the upvotes! And sorry for taking too long T__T and this one is a bit rushed so I hope it will turn out decent enough for you guys to read!
Enjoy!

 

Seulgi kept her promise to visit Daegu – Joohyun – on Christmas.

She came one day before Christmas eve which was the twenty-third and planned to stay there until new year. When she called and told Joohyun about it she had to pull her phone away from her ear because the younger let out her infamous dolphin scream, she was happy. Indeed. Seulgi, too, was as happy as Joohyun despite almost losing her precious hearing. 

 

 

Joohyun had never felt so excited in her entire life because Christmas meant decorating her whole house with Christmas ornament and didn't forget about the huge Christmas tree that Taeyeon just bought one week ago. Not to mention Seulgi. It's not like Joohyun never spent Christmas with her nor she wasn't excited whenever it comes to it before. It's just that the idea of spending time with Seulgi again after five months of long-distance friendship really lit up the holiday fire and Christmas spirit inside her. 

She really almost bought everything in the store until Taeyeon scolded her but she still put them in the trolley without her sister noticing anyways.

 

 

It was on the twenty-third, exactly seven in the evening when the Bae sisters heard a knock on the door. They looked at each other because there's no way someone would actually come to visit at this hour especially when it's freezing cold outside. They were contemplating until they heard another knock, louder this time, so Taeyeon decided to get up and walked warily towards the window then opened the curtains to check which little birdie was disturbing the Bae residents. 

Taeyeon widened her eyes when she finally saw who the person was. She hurriedly unlocked the door which caused Joohyun to look at her weirdly before shrugging and continued to do whatever she was doing. 

When Taeyeon finally opened the door, she was met with a bright eye smile that she thought was brighter than the lamppost on the street. She would say brighter than the sun but it's obviously nighttime right now. 

The person then dropped her duffle bag and spread her arms wide, still with the bright smile on her face, nose red because of the cold. 

Taeyeon's eyes traveled from the top of the girl's head down to her feet, as if she saw a ghost who came uninvited.

"Yah," her voice brought Taeyeon back to earth, "are you okay?" Her smile had long gone and replaced with a worried look instead. "It's me, Seulgi! You haven't forgotten about me, have you?" Seulgi pouted.

"O-of course I haven't! It's just that I didn't expect you to come sooner" 

"I promised you guys I'll visit this Christmas right?"

"Yeah and Joohyun told me too but I thought it would exactly be on the twenty-fifth." 

Seulgi laughed. "Well, my lecturer decided to cancel the extra classes for us plus I've already planned to surprise you guys, especially our little girl over there," she pointed at Joohyun who still didn't know she was there, with her chin. 

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head, "that kid never shut up about wanting to see you and always tell me not to touch the Christmas tree because she wants to decorate it with you." 

That made Seulgi beamed and quickly grabbed her duffle bag, "maybe if you let me in, ms. Bae," she teased but seriously though, she needed to get warm as soon as possible. "I'm really freezing over here and you didn't even give me a welcome hug" she uttered sadly.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she remembered Seulgi opened her arms wide for her, "I'd rather hug the Christmas tree." Her response made Seulgi scrunched her reddened nose but in the end, Taeyeon stepped forward to hug her friend nonetheless. "Welcome home, buddy." 

Seulgi hugged her back tightly and stayed still for a few moments before Taeyeon stepped aside to let her in then closed the door.

"Who was it, unnie?" she said promptly after she heard the door click shut without looking at her sister. "What took you so lo-" her words got cut off when she finally turned her head and her eyes landed on the tall figure beside her sister. 

"Joohyunnie," Seulgi called. Her voice was soft just like how Joohyun liked whenever the older call her. 

Joohyun wasted no time and hurriedly stood up then ran, launching herself into Seulgi's arms, which always ready to catch her. 

True enough, not only Joohyun had her arms wrapped around Seulgi's neck but also her legs had wrapped themselves around her torso and Joohyun's sudden weight caused Seulgi to lost her balance a little and thanks to her daily exercise before her dance routine, she had become stronger.

And to clarify, it's not like Joohyun was heavy; it was because of the excitement that made Joohyun sprinted at high speed. Who would've thought she could run like that. 

"Oof!" Seulgi breathed out. Then there's Taeyeon, the only witness in the house could only shake her head and smiled while looking at them with adoration – more like third-wheeling –

"Gosh, y'all can do whatever. I'll be upstairs." Taeyeon excused herself and climbed upstairs, leaving them behind. 

Joohyun paid no heed to her sister and continued to bury her face in the crook of Seulgi's neck, inhaling the woman's distinctive smell that she missed the most.

"Why didn't you call me?" She whispered as she untangled herself from Seulgi and distanced herself as soon as she realized she stood too close. She blushed when she looked up and found Seulgi was already staring down at her. 

"It wouldn't be a surprise anymore if I tell you, Hyun" Seulgi giggled, her eyes turned into a crescent. 

Joohyun hit Seulgi's shoulder gently with her fist, "at least I can go and pick you up or something!" She jutted her lower lip out. 

"I told you not to do that because I might kiss you," Seulgi promptly stated,  jokingly – or did she? – of course but it still made Joohyun blush profusely.

Joohyun hit Seulgi's back with her fist before fully detaching herself from Seulgi and walked away with a shy smile adorned her face. 

"Hey, I still want to hug you!"

"Go hug the Christmas tree!"

 

 

"Wait, so your family moved to Seoul?" Taeyeon asked as she poured hot water into the glasses of hot chocolate. 

Seulgi leaned her back on the kitchen counter, standing beside Taeyeon, and hummed. 

"You are going to stay at my house until you go back?"

Seulgi hummed again, grinning. 

"Okay, no wonder you brought a big duffle bag," 

"yeah, cuz' I'm going to stay until our holiday ends." 

"It's until the end of January, though.." Taeyeon said, surprised, "you are not going to spend the rest of January with your family?"

Seulgi paused for a moment. It's not like she wasn't planning to spend her time with her family. One day, her father suddenly called her saying her whole family was already in Seoul and about to visit her dorm to take her out for lunch. 

"Yes, we are here to accompany you Seulgi."

And of course, that wasn't the only reason. 

"Well, I would say, I've planned to spend the holidays in Daegu with my family but turned out they went to live in Seoul," Seulgi wryly smiled, "I've promised everyone, especially Joohyun, to visit. I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter