Chapter 5 : Healing

You, From My Past Life

 

- Mia POV -

I watched as Seokmin and the rest of the boys’ faces turned pale.

“This is… very unexpected...” Wonwoo muttered. As they struggled to come to terms with my sudden royal title, the doors behind me opened and two figures appeared. I could sense who it was as they descended the steps.

“Boys, meet my parents, the king and queen,” I said. They all bowed once more and stayed silent. I felt bad for dropping this all on them.

“Are you all healers?” my mom asked. I shook my head. Someone obviously wasn’t listening to me earlier when I said I knew someone who could help Minho.

“I can heal, Your Majesty,” Seokmin stepped forward. My mother gave me a look, one that I couldn’t recognise. My father had the same look but he didn’t explain.

“We need your help,” my mother explained to Seokmin about our situation a few minutes later as we rushed over to the hospital. We were given word that Minho’s condition was worsening despite our healers’ best efforts. We sent the rest of the boys to the lounge room, where they were not to move until we were back. Seokmin listened intently, seemingly relaxing when he heard that Minho was my trainer.

“So he’s not your boyfriend?” he asked me as we burst through the hospital doors.

“What?,” I stopped at the sudden question.

“Healers, go back to your posts immediately!” my father boomed, making them clear the room instantly, giving us space with Minho, who was unconscious and pale. 

“Minho!” I stumbled over to him and touched his face. He was ice cold. I turned to Seokmin, who looked visibly nervous at the scene in front of him.

“Please help him.”

 

- Seokmin POV -

I watched Mia hold onto Minho’s face gently like he would break under her touch if she handled him too roughly. She obviously cared for this guy so much that she asked me for help. I was beyond jealous because even unconscious, this guy was at least 10x more handsome than I ever was. For a girl like Mia, they were the visually perfect couple. 

I had to push away these thoughts. Mia and I hardly knew each other and here I was acting like a possessive boyfriend.

I focused on her face and nodded. Relief flooded her features and she stepped back to let me do my work. I went up to Minho and focused my energy to the tips of my fingers, letting my power flow from there to the tip of his head, where I could see his entire body beginning to emit a soft blue glow, indication that my powers were seeping through him slowly. Using my powers drained me of my energy but I kept on going, making sure I didn’t show any signs of weakness in front of Mia. 

The scars on his cheek healed quickly, leaving his flawless skin showing. His broken arm seemed to repair itself along with his leg, the bones snapping back into place with a small crack. The sound made Mia jump and look in concern but she stayed back and silent, trusting me to do my job.

I finished healing Minho and stepped back, feeling dizzy from the work. I stumbled over my feet, causing me to bump into Mia, who caught me but was barely able to hold onto my weight.

“Seokmin? Are you okay?” she asked worriedly. I somehow felt better in her arms but couldn’t bring myself to form any words of reassurance. Her face went blurry and I felt myself slump to the floor, her voice calling my name being the last thing I heard before passing out.

 

- Mia POV -

“Seokmin!” I screamed as he fell limp in my arms, his sunshine kissed skin turning pale. “Nonono don’t you dare do this to me-”

My cries had alerted everyone in the area, who quickly assessed the situation and brought Seokmin to another room, where he was placed onto a bed and a drip placed in his arm, a mask placed over his face to help him breathe. I watched as other healers checked his vitals, not wanting to leave his side. My parents gently pulled me out of the room and tried to get me to sit but I was restless.

“Mia?” I heard a weak voice come from a room and looked up to see Minho walking slowly towards us, looking a bit sickly but otherwise, alive.

“Minho!” I gasped. What a rollercoaster of emotions I had to go through in the span of ten minutes. I gently led him back into the room, making him lay down on the bed and tucking him in again.

“What happened? How am I fine? What’s going on?” he asked question after question. I answered each one and pointed to the wall behind him.

“The guy who saved your life is in the room next to you,” I said.

“But that’s weird? All our healers are fine but they don’t pass out when they use their powers. How come he did?”

I thought about it. Seokmin was powerful enough to heal broken bones. Our healers weren’t. Was it the more powerful you were, the more likely it drains you? The thought of Seokmin healing to the point of losing his life scared me. Why did that scare me?

I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to confirm anything just yet until I was positive.

“I’ll let you rest. I’ll see you tomorrow!” I patted his head as he closed his eyes to sleep and I left the room, sliding the door closed behind me. I joined my parents on the bench outside of Seokmin’s room, praying he would be alright. Another hour later, the doctor stepped outside, looking relieved. I took it as a good sign.

“He’s okay?”

“He’ll be okay. He suffered a huge energy drop while healing and it took a toll on his body. He is awake now so you may visit.”

I let my parents notify his friends of Seokmin’s condition and entered his room. He looked cheerful as he looked around the room, smiling softly when he saw my concerned face.

“Mia, we haven’t known each other that long yet but I know what you’re gonna say,” he crossed his arms. “Healing does take a toll on me but I always recover.”

“You had me worried sick,” I confessed. “I didn’t think-”

“I’m able to heal myself quickly. Your healers did the job for me so I’m feeling much better now.”

“You never told me how powerful you are.”

“Same goes for you.”

We sat in silence. Neither of us knew how powerful the other was until tonight, that was true.

“I’m sorry for scaring you,” Seokmin broke the silence softly. I sighed and shook my head.

“I’m sorry for dropping this whole princess thing on you. I should’ve told you earlier i just wanted to live like a normal person.”

Seokmin’s hand on mine stopped me in my thoughts. We looked at each other, the sparks coming from our hands never ending.

“You feel them too don’t you?” he whispered. I nodded.

“But why?”