Chapter 4 : The Reveal

You, From My Past Life

 

- Seokmin POV -

Mia cornering me at the library a few weeks later gave me quite a shock. We were literally hidden away in a dark corner, me holding some books that needed to be put away, her standing on her tiptoes and looking at me curiously. From anyone walking by, it would look like something else was going on.

“Uhh Mia? You okay?” I asked, avoiding eye contact with her as much as possible. She leaned in even more and I felt the sudden urge to lean forward and-

“You said you can heal right?” she asked all of a sudden. The question threw me off just as much as her dragging me to the corner.

“Yes, I can heal. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. But someone I know isn’t. Do you think you can help him?”

I felt the slightest twinge of jealousy when I heard it was a male. But seeing her worried face made me push that back and I nodded.

“Of course I can help!”

What compelled me to say that, I had no idea. I hardly knew this girl and yet here I was, already hanging off her every word. Seungkwan would laugh at me if he saw me now.

“Thank you so much!” Mia jumped happily on the spot and threw her arms around me in a hug. “I’ll see you later then!”

She bounced away and I finally let out the breath I was holding in. I watched her continue her job, looking happier as she chatted with Yooa. Did she have a boyfriend? Was this the guy I was meant to be healing? How long have they known each other? What even happened that I had to heal him?

“You’re so loud,” Wonwoo walked past me, holding a stack of books nearly as tall as him. I sighed and grabbed a few more off the top of the pile, walking with him as we made our way through the shelves slowly, putting the books back into their rightful places.

“Sorry, Mia just sprung something on me and I couldn’t find it in me to say no.”

“You’re drawn to her aren’t you? Funny because so am I.”

Wonwoo’s last sentence made me drop the book I was holding on the floor.

“You’re what?”

Wonwoo looked at me in surprise. “Oh my gosh dude, not in that way. I know you like her romantically but I’m not into her that way.”

I flushed when he said I was into her romantically. Was I? 

“You are,” Wonwoo deadpanned. 

“But I hardly know her?”

“Your thoughts are telling me otherwise.”

“Stop reading my mind!” I whined.

“You’re making it very easy to though?”

I huffed and left him to his shelving, going to find someone else to work with. The shift passed pretty quickly and we were all heading outside, Yooa and Mia going off towards the cafe. I was nervous about having to heal this close male friend of Mia’s and nearly walked into a pole as I thought about it. Jeonghan’s super speed saved me from the humiliation.

“You good?” he asked.

“He’s having girl troubles,” Wonwoo smirked as he walked by. Everyone in the vicinity heard his remark and swarmed me, asking questions. I groaned inwardly.

“Can you guys just do your shift first? We can talk later.”

The half of them that had their shift all complained as they walked inside, letting me breathe a bit as I was left alone with the library team. Or so I thought.

“It’s Mia isn’t it?” Seungkwan immediately got up in my space.

“Nooooo...” I tried to divert the topic but was unsuccessful.

“It is, isn't it?” Mingyu excitedly asked Wonwoo, who shrugged at first but then nodded. Traitor. I was bombarded with questions for the next few hours until the other guys finished their shift with Mia.

I saw them walking out and jumped into Seungcheol’s arms, whose first instinct was to yank him behind his back and look around for any signs of danger. Mia looked amused at the scene and walked over to us.

“I have to confess something,” she said loudly to get our attention. I felt my friends’ stares immediately turn to me and turned beet red. Mia saw and her eyes widened. “Actually, I think it’s best if I show you guys? Are you busy after this?”

We shook our heads. To this, Mia whipped out her phone, calling someone.

“Jisung? Two cars today. Fourteen people.”

We ended up piling into a minibus and we started the drive towards Mia’s place. Mia sat at the front, her face twisted with a look of concern. I snuck up next to her and tapped her shoulder, the small sparks from the contact making us both jump but she relaxed seeing me there.

“Seokmin! You scared me a bit,” she giggled. I smiled and sat next to her.

“You okay?” I asked. She nodded, sighing and stretching a bit in her seat.

“Just tired. I hope you can heal him. He means a lot to me and everyone else.”

The jealousy rose in me again and I struggled to push it down.

“Who is this guy by the way? You never told me much about him. It’ll help me out when it comes to healing.”

“Oh! His name is Minho. He was hurt trying to protect my parents but he was able to stand his ground. He’s amazing. We’ve been childhood friends for so long.”

“Ohh,” was all I could say dumbly. Of course she had a boyfriend, why wouldn’t she?

“We’re almost there!” Mia said happily. I looked out the window to find us heading straight for a huge patch of trees.

Too scared to say anything, I watched as Mia relaxed in her seat. We drove into the patch of trees and instead of dying or crashing, we smoothly drove onto a new path, completely different from where we were before. My jaw dropped and I heard my friends behind me gasping in shock over what just happened. I felt my powers increase by tenfold inside me. I turned to ask Mia where we were but found her just sitting there, looking completely different.

Her jet black hair that ran down her back grew even longer and had become an ash blonde. The simple top and jeans she was wearing before stepping into the bus became a short, elegant navy blue dress. Her sneakers were replaced by simple sandals with straps running up her legs. She looked like a completely different person.

“M-Mia?” I asked, dumbfounded, as we felt the bus stop. She looked over at me, looked down at herself, and let out a small laugh.

“Yes Seokmin, it’s still me, Mia,” she said gently. She stood up, grabbing the attention of everyone else in the bus, and gestured for us to follow her off. We did so silently, looking around at our new surroundings. 

Jisung came off the bus last, holding a pillow with a small tiara on it. Seungcheol gasped loudly as Jisung strolled over to Mia and held out the headpiece, which she accepted and placed on her head. Seungcheol, Joshua and Jeonghan immediately dove into a deep bow, causing everyone else to hesitantly follow suit.

“Stand up everyone,” Mia’s gentle voice made us all stand up. We stared curiously at her, causing one of the attendants to step forward and glare at us. Mia shut him down with a wave of her hand, giving him a dismissing look. He bowed in apology before returning to his post.

“You- you’re a-”

“Princess. I am a princess,” Mia finished my sentence. “I possess the four elements of air, water, earth and fire.”