Day 1

A Teaspoon of Love

Wendy sits at the third row from the back of the auditorium, as if she was a tiny soul in an ocean of unfamiliairity. Couldn't help it when it's her first day of classes. She thankfully managed to find the location of her class correctly after cluelessly wandering the whole block even though she came out freaking 30 minutes earlier just to find her class venue. She wanted to come together with Joy but the latter had another class before her. At least she found out that both of them were taking the same crappy Entrepreneurship elective that all students were supposed to pick from a range of subjects.

 

5 minutes before class starts, Joy texts her to ask Wendy where she's sitting so Wendy had to stand up and wave because poor girl was hidden among other students who are clearly much taller than her. She's lucky she dyed her hair a lighter shade of golden brown so it was 10% less difficult to be spotted, figuring that she should be as rebellious as possible since she's still a student before she steps herself into the dull world of a professional engineer. 

 

She places her bag on the seat beside her since Joy was occupying the other side. The auditorium was already filled up with only a few seats left since it's the first day of classes and clearly students tend to skip the classes later on in the semester (except right before the test). Suddenly two girls walked in with bubble teas in their hands and the girl with a messy bun almost tripped from walking up the staircase to which Wendy caught the sight of it and giggled.

 

But damn the other girl with long black hair looks so gorgeous, Wendy almost couldn't stop staring at her. She quickly averted her gaze away when they looked over at the empty seats beside her. Wendy didn't know why she forgot how to breathe when they walked towards her and somehow fumbled with her words when the girl asked if the seat was taken.

 

"Yeah! No! Sure! I mean go ahead and sit! There's no one sitting here." Wendy giggles and mentally stabs herself because CALM DOWN, WENDY SON. IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF UNIVERSITY!! DON'T ACT LIKE A WEIRDO!!!

 

"Wow there's a lot of people here huh.." said the girl with a messy bun. She fixes her fringe before proceeding to slump on her chair like a typical senior.

 

Wendy finally learns how to breathe again and accidentally inhales a little too much and too hard, the smell of a light sweet perfume beside her somehow engulfed her senses and she suddenly has a coughing fit. Joy stares at her roommate weirdly with creased forehead but eventually patted the girl's back.

 

"What happened? Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah! Nothing! I'm good. *cough* Just need some water." She chuckles and smiles at the other girl who seems to be slightly worried.

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Students, I know it's your first day of semester. I know some of you are new, and some are pretty old already from the looks of your worn out attire with no pens and papers in sight. I assure you that I'm on your side, I don't want you all to be wasting too much valuable time on this elective anyway so to pass this class, all you need to do is form a group of 5 and make a booth selling anything or any services on one of the days at the end of the semester. If you hit the target of $200, you're done. Pass. I'll tell you guys more details next time so for today I'd like everyone to get to know each other first and form a group of 5 alright?"

 

Wendy looks at Joy, Joy looks at Wendy.

 

"Okay we have 2 of us. Wendy, ask the girls beside you."

 

"Me? O-oh. Okay."

 

"Hey, would you like to join the 2 of us?" 

 

The girl with long hair takes a look at her friend for a confirmation before she nods to Wendy.

 

"Great!! We just need 1 more."

 

"Got it!!" Joy shouts from meters away beside Wendy as there's a younger girl who's coming towards them with round chubby cheeks and huge eyes.

 

"Okay let's introduce ourselves first! I'm Sooyoung, but you can call me Joy. 18, first year student of Fashion Design."

 

"I'm Yeri, 17, I.T, today's my first day."

 

"Seulgi! 18, second year student of Graphics Design."

 

"I'm Wendy, 18. Studying Construction Engineering-" 

 

"Ooooooohhhhhhh" 

 

"Whoooooaaaaaaaaa"

 

"Smaaaaaaartttt"

 

"We're gonna pass this class for sure."

 

Wendy chuckles at her groupmates' reactions. "It's also my first day though."

 

"I'm Irene, 19, second year of architecture."

 

"Looks like Irene and Wendy would be enemies even before they become friends." Yeri cackles but Seulgi and Joy look clueless at her remark.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because the architect will never go well with the engineer, and the engineer will hate the architect as well. Mostly because it's impossible to physically build their amazing and innovative architectural designs and yet architects will never listen to the engineers because aesthetics is more important." Wendy explained.

 

"OOoooohhhhhhh."

 

"That's quite true. But too bad we have more power because clients will listen to us." Irene shrugs and flips her hair.

 

"Yeri, how are you 17 and already starting your class??" Seulgi questions the girl.

 

"I skipped a year in middle school."

 

"Wow, smart." Joy answers.

 

"Yes I know, thank you." 

 

"Wow, bold." Wendy laughs.

 

"So next time we can ask Irene to design our houses.."

 

"Nice."

 

"And then Wendy to build our houses.."

 

"Perfect."

 

"And then Yeri can set up a website of our beautiful portfolio of amazing architectures.."

 

"Seulgi could be our graphic designer and market the website.."

 

"............ so what about me?" Joy pouts and looks at them.

 

"Act pretty and be the face of our brand or something."

 

"Okay guys let's stop fooling around, it's almost time go for my next class. let's all exchange numbers and Facebook so we can contact each other easier." Irene takes the lead among them.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Later that night, Wendy plops down on her bed after showering and changing into her old loose clothes. Middle length hair dangling down at the edge of the bed, playing around with her phone lazily, she was ready to stalk her new friends social media. 

 

"What are you smiling at? Boyfriend or something?" Wendy asked her roommate. 

 

"Nah, just talking to Sungjae."

 

"I see......."

 

Wendy proceeds to stalk her friends, looking at their profiles, interests, uploaded photos, photos of them.. before moving on to their linked Instagram profiles..

 

There was nothing unusual about Seulgi and Yeri's feeds from the looks of it. Coming from mixed schools, there were obviously tons of photos of their hangouts with their male classmates. She did notice that Irene's feed was a little more.. odd than she expected. There were almost no guys in her photos but tons of photos of her with this particular girl, presumably her best friend. They even went on trips together and it was just the two of them. They're probably the best-buddies-forever kind with everlasting friendship. She wished she could have that kind of friend too in her life.

 

She stumbled upon a class photo of Irene which consisted of all females. 

 

Ah, that explains it. She's from an all-girls school huh.