Day 0

A Teaspoon of Love

------DAY 0------

 

"Yes Mum, yes Dad, I'll take care of myself."

 

"And Wendy, remember to-"

 

"Yes Mum, I'll change the bedsheets every week. Don't worry about it."

 

"Wendy, do you need-"

 

"No Dad, I already have enough clothes with me. Please go back with Mum and take care of yourselves alright? It's late already. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

 

"Okay okay. One last hug from our youngest daughter?"

 

Wendy can't help but smile at her parents, enveloping them into a big hug and sees them off while holding the door knob behind her. Once the car is out of sight, she pushes her 2 huge luggages into her room. 

 

She unlocks the door and sits on the unoccupied bed, taking a moment and looking around her room. 

 

Heaps of books organised neatly on the table at the other side of the room. She was informed by her new roommate Joy that she's back in her hometown for a while and will only be back when their semester break ends. So Wendy would be all alone in the room for a few days before classes start. forms a circular shape as she stares at those fashion magazines and posters of Jang Yoon Ju and Choi Sora stuck on the wall. She's probably studying something that's related to fashion.

 

Wendy gets up and starts organising her own luggage, arranging her boring oversized clothes into the wardrobe which consists of 90% long wool sweaters and 10% checkered shirts. She chuckles at herself because she was such a stark contrast to Joy who probably dresses like she's on a runway everyday. She places some important calculus and design engineering books after researching and looking at the reviews from people who took Construction Engineering. Wendy has always been the nerd who overthinks and calculates the pros and cons of her actions, researches and looks at the reviews of places she wants to go, or even books she wants to buy. 

 

Wendy goes over to the kitchen to look at the things that she'll need to stock up, after putting her big tupperware of kimchi from her parents in the fridge. The kitchen looks clean and empty, as if none of her housemates cook for their meals.  Wendy shrugs the thought of it, as she expects university classes to be pretty ed up and doesn't blame them. Or maybe they graduated and moved out?

 

Oh well, she'll walk around the neighbourhood tomorrow and probably get some grocery while she's at it.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Heaps of architectural models made out of balsa wood and PVC sheets lie at a corner of the room collecting dust as the owner with long black hair fiddles with her 0.2mm black ink pen around, looking for inspirational ideas for her upcoming projects. She scrolls Pinterest endlessly and pins the designs that captures her attention first. Fortunately, Irene has no roommate as she would probably piss off whoever that'll be her roommate due to the huge presentation boards that seem to be taking up a lot of the small space in her room. 

 

She huffs and stands up, shutting down her laptop as she walks to the kitchen to see the fridge with only a handful of cut watermelon slices left. She shares the same house with Seulgi who was not as great of a cook as Irene. Taking a watermelon slice with one hand, Irene types a list of items she ought to stock up in the supermarket tomorrow while she still has the time to cook for the beginning of the semester. She's not a huge fan of cooking and especially washing the dishes after that but hey, at least it's better than take out. 

 

"Hey Seulgi, do you need anything? I'm going to the supermarket tomorrow!" Irene shouts hoping to get a response from her housemate.

 

"You're going? I want to go too! I'm so bored." Seulgi appears from her bedroom. 

 

"11am tomorrow. Do you need anything else?" Irene hands her list over to Seulgi.

 

"Pringles."