Chapter 3

I don't hate you too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another 2 months have passed by and the competition between Eunbi and Sakura has only gone fiercer.

 

From the time Chaeyeon has become her gym buddy, Eunbi suggested (insisted) they go to the gym together after work.

 

Today was another gym day and Eunbi was waiting for Chaeyeon to get ready to leave the office.

 

"Oh, this is the second one today." Chaeyeon mutters as she picks up the pink colored note from her desk.

 

Wow. I didn't take her to have that kind of persistence, Eunbi thinks and she watches Chaeyeon as she reads the note.

 

Chaeyeon, being appreciative of any form of kindness and generosity to her, has a small smile on her face as she reads the note. But then she looks up in wonder and voices out her mind, "The second ones always sound a bit Shakespeare-ish... As if it's from a different person altogether."

 

"What do you mean?" Eunbi asks, believing she's close enough to Chaeyeon to push for more information. As the saying goes anyways, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.'

 

Chaeyeon opens a drawer and slides in the note to keep it. She looks up again as if trying to gather the words to explain her thought. "Well, to put it simply it's always more figurative."

 

The gym buddies walk side by side now, on their way out of the office. Though Eunbi was originally the one who insisted on heading to the gym together, at this moment, she looked like she was only trailing closely next to Chaeyeon, completely interested with what she would say next.

 

"Let's say the first note says, 'I had fun sharing that meal with you.' Then later on, the second note would say, 'When we're together, it's a feeling so overwhelming, like a feast that goes beyond one's satiation.' "

 

Eunbi's shock is not verbalized, but with how her eyes widened, somehow validates Chaeyeon's confusion. So the girl continues, "See how it sounds like the first note, but then it's not?” Eunbi does a small nod.

 

“That's why I'm saying it sounds like a totally different person has written it."

 

Whoa. That is something, Eunbi says, but only in her mind. She never would loudly admit or compliment Sakura's eloquence, or generally anything about her. Then she asks, "Does that put you off?"

 

Chaeyeon shakes her head, "No. Not really. I myself am not very good with words, so I could get easily impressed. So actually, it's fine. And I always appreciate the effort." Now, she beams brightly as if never feeling the confusion over the notes.



After their zumba session, Eunbi executes a plan she cooked up in her mind to win Chaeyeon over with the motive to display her own effort.

 

"I noticed you looked a little tired than usual. Are you alright?"

 

"I guess my body felt a little heavy. I spent almost the whole day with the CEO visiting and checking on some of the restaurants she owned. Each time, she offered food to me. I had eaten just a bit of everything, not wanting to be impolite to her." Chaeyeon shyly explains.

 

"Oh... Well, on the other hand, I'm still quite fired up! I wanted to exert more of my energy, but don't really want to stay here at the gym anymore. Especially not without you. Shall I walk you back home?"

 

"Unnie, no! You're just a few floors away from your own home now. Accompanying me would be so out of your way."

 

"But, I insist!" Eunbi takes both of Chaeyeon's hands in hers and shakes them enthusiastically.

 

"You're so cute, unnie." At that, Eunbi shakes their hands even more. Chaeyeon finally concedes. "Okay, okay! I never should be refusing the kindness of a good friend."

 

"Great!" Eunbi releases Chaeyeon's hands and smiles brightly. However, deep in her mind she thought, I got kissed and kicked at the same time. Feeling all the more resolved at pursuing Chaeyeon, "Right. Friends do go out of their way for each other. And I want to let you know that I would even be willing to go over other people's ways for you, Chaeyeon." Winking at her.

 

"I think that sounds a bit scary, unnie." Chaeyeon teases her.

 

"But I was trying to be sweet!" Eunbi lets out with an offended tone, but her smile says otherwise. So, the younger girl continues to .

 

"Yeah. You're cute, sweet and scary."

 

"Was that supposed to be a good thing? I mean, what's cute, sweet and scary?"

 

Chaeyeon finds this conversation childish, but she plays along anyway. After all, she can only act this way around people like Eunbi–an unnie who treats her like she's her real dongsaeng.

 

"I don't know.. like a honeybee? They produce honey, which is sweet. And their stings are scary?" Chaeyeon laughs at this ridiculousness.

 

"And I'm who..? Kwon Eunbi, the queen bee?"

 

"Queen Bi!" Chaeyeon quips, and both of them collapse on the floor into uncontrollable laughter.



The gym buddies finally arrive at Chaeyeon's block...

 

"Hey, that's CEO Kang's restaurant." Eunbi points at the establishment named Kang's Kitchen right across Chaeyeon's building.

 

"Yeah. She told me this wasn't hers though. I mean, this particular branch isn't the one that she owns."

 

"Nevertheless, it's her family's business. So technically, it is still hers." Eunbi points out.

 

"It's still so fascinating how she loves eating so much, and yet she doesn't gain weight."

 

"Who?" Eunbi is suddenly lost in the conversation.

 

"Oh, CEO Kang. It's the other reason why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter