Chapter 2

I don't hate you too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first 3 months of Eunbi and Sakura both actively pursuing a relationship with Chaeyeon went by and Yena and Yuri are finally discussing the bet…

 

"Yul, I can almost taste the victory.." Yena confidently declares after sipping on her milk tea, and with a satisfied smile, leans back on her swivel chair like a boss.

 

Yuri scoffs. "Don't talk as if either of them have ended up with Chaeyeon unnie already. I'm not conceding yet when New girl looks and acts totally clueless despite the blatant insinuations happening all around her."

 

"No, no.. It's because I both told them it's best to start with being friends."

 

"Wait, wait, wait.." Yuri's eyes narrowed. "You're telling me they're both taking pointers from you?" Then one of her eyebrows raised.

 

"So...?" Yena looks to Yuri in total confusion.

 

"I'm sorry but, the fact that they are listening to your advice gives me the advantage now." Yuri glares at Yena, shakes her head and turns to walk back to her own desk.

 

"Ya! Yuri! Come back!" Yena yells as she turns her chair, her arms reaching out dramatically, and hands grabbing air. When the younger doesn’t budge, she pouts for a short while then decides to turn on her computer.

 

"We've been friends for almost five years, and for what?" Yuri bitterly mumbles as she reaches her desk, and she starts tidying it instead to exert her frustration and annoyance.

 

After a few minutes, Eunbi arrives at their department and greets Yuri, "Good mor...ning.." But seeing the scowl on the younger girl's face, decides not to wait for a response.

 

"What did you do wrong again, Yena?" Eunbi taps on her friend's shoulder.

 

"What? You're saying something, unnie?" Yena asks as she removes her headphones.

 

"Ugh.. even I would be tired of your denseness."

 

"Speaking of denseness, how's it going with Chaeyeon?" Yena asks excitedly feigning indifference.

 

A smile breaks out from Eunbi’s face and she starts talking, "Well, I did tell you last night that we're gym buddies now-"

 

Bubbly laughter interrupts Eunbi, as both Sakura and Chaeyeon arrive. Eunbi stares them down as they come closer. As soon as Sakura meets eyes with her, her nemesis flashes a triumphant smirk since she once again ate breakfast with their mutual crush. Eunbi mirrors the smirk, thinking that Sakura is unaware of how she's a level ahead with her own progress.

 

"Good morning!" Chaeyeon, as usual, greets Eunbi and Yena in her own charming and friendly way.

 

"Hi, Chae!" Eunbi genuinely and happily responds. Then she glances quickly to her enemy's way, "Sakura." And turns as quickly back to Chaeyeon, expecting no responses.

 

"So, what time did you get home last night?" Eunbi asks Chaeyeon, but her eyes peered at Sakura right after.

 

Sakura's smirk is erased as her eyes widen, and her eyebrows meet in shock, and she sputters, "Y- you were together?.. Last night?" Mentioning those last two words with a now worried expression.

 

"You wouldn't believe it..." Chaeyeon starts to eagerly explain, all to Sakura's dread.

 

Sakura shakes her head thinking, I really don't want to.

 

"Eunbi unnie and I are gym buddies now! I really only looked for a dance studio when I moved to town, but there weren't any. Until I found her gym that had one and held zumba classes, so I signed up for it. And apparently, Eunbi unnie here is actually a good dancer!"

 

"I thought you hated zum-" Yena blurts out, but Eunbi quickly nudged her on the side.

 

"And Chaeyeon was very hot.." Eunbi looks over to Sakura and continues, "..from the heat of dancing. You could tell she has passion for it more than just the workout."

 

Sakura has a crooked smile on her face and one of her eyes starts twitching.

 

"Chaeyeon and I even stayed at the studio for a while. And if I’m a good dancer then she must be the best! I even asked her to teach me the choreography to Irene & Seulgi's Monster after she told me that my face has a semblance to Irene. What a great coincidence when she admitted to having Seulgi as a role model. Don't you think?" Smug grin aimed at Sakura.

 

"How naughty.." Sakura silently mutters between clenched teeth, however Eunbi heard it so well.

 

"Oh, Naughty's good too. Thanks, Sakura!" Her eyes clearly teasing then adds, "I'm actually very interested in tutting lately."

 

"Well, I would have.. but it was getting late." Chaeyeon shyly admits. "It didn't take me 30 minutes to arrive home, by the way. I was only 2 blocks away anyways." Finally answering Eunbi's question that started this whole storytelling.

 

Yena turns to Sakura wanting to save her friend from this dreaded situation. "Kkura unnie! Right! There was something I needed to discuss with you!" And hurriedly drags the poor girl away.

 

"Right! Before I forget about it too.." Eunbi places a hand on her crush's arm, "Chae, the apartment building where the gym was? That's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter