Chapter 1

I don't hate you too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's start from the very beginning...

 

Just around 5 years ago, a young, crazy rich, gorgeous bachelorette and successfully well-known restaurateur named Kang Hyewon decided to venture into game development. Contrary to her looks, CEO now of ENOZI Corporation, Hyewon's hobby aside from eating, is gaming.

 

So one day, she called up her friends from university offering them positions to her new company (hobby). Hyewon figured it would be great to work with people she already knew.

 

Quite frankly, none of the people currently employed in ENOZI were actually in Hyewon's list of closest friends. All the actual people in her circle of friends are already all caught up in their own companies or businesses. So she decided to rank down her list, and called up her "Acquaintances." Thankfully for these people, they needed jobs.

 

Enter Miyawaki Sakura, who once "played a few rounds" with Hyewon when she had a flat tire and couldn't leave uni, and had to wait 4 hours for the chauffeur.

 

Choi Yena, she simply was the friendliest girl in class so everyone knows her, and vice versa.

 

Kwon Eunbi, Hyewon's seatmate and her Japanese buddy when she learned the language as an elective course, who she was required to talk to in Japanese while in class.

 

Jo Yuri, actually an acquaintance of another acquaintance, Kim Minjoo. But she always expressed how she wanted to be friends with Hyewon, and that she always looked up to her back in uni. She's the closest with the CEO now. But according to Hyewon, Yuri just adores her a little too much.

 

Kim Minjoo, Hyewon's other Japanese buddy, seated on her left. She talked more and better than Eunbi. She's been a really helpful dongsaeng, and always corrected Hyewon when she made mistakes talking in Japanese.

 

Kim Chaewon, Kim Minjoo's close friend, or so Hyewon was told.. Well, they kept insisting they were ‘just friends.’

 

These were 7 of her acquaintances hired in ENOZI. But when did the rivalry between Eunbi and Sakura really start?

 

To be honest, they don't even know anymore. According to Yena, they simply never matched with each other. Everything about them just clashed—their personalities, tastes, preferences, etc! It's surprising how the both of them are from the same department, Game Design, and have to closely work together. Nevertheless, it's those differences between Eunbi and Sakura that made their department one of the most efficient and commendable in the whole company.

 

When it comes to making proposals and presentations alone, their department always prepares two different ones. This is simply because Eunbi and Sakura will neither pick the other's. And this is when Yena comes in, their unofficial official mediator. (Of course, this is besides Yena’s own set of skills and plenty of her charms.) But since both of them have very good ideas anyways, she suggested they always make two proposals and have the CEO take her pick. Thankfully, CEO Hyewon was never close-minded or biased; she never just picked one out of two, always thinking about what's best considering all aspects of a game. In spite of that, the rivalry between Eunbi and Sakura has been fueled and as the years go by, they only grew more competitive with each other. So much so that they never considered each other as friends.

 

During the first year of observing all this happen right before her eyes, Yuri always thought there was so much tension between the two. "Maybe they like each other so much, they started to hate the other?" She once told Yena.

 

"What?! That doesn't even make any sense.." Yena counters.

 

"It perfectly does! Yes, they are very different people with a lot of differences–differences which aren't even bad, come to think of it! Just plainly not each one's preference. But instead of reconciling them, they only ever chose to disagree. Imagine if they made compromises... I think they'd make a great couple."

 

"Yuri, that's what people in a relationship would do. Look, I'm friends with both of them, but the three of us can't and never again will hang out together because neither of them would back down, especially against each other. In fact, neither of them even treat each other as a friend. If not for work, they probably would never choose to have any sort of relations with each other."

 

"Do you wanna make a bet?" Yuri proposes.

 

"You're betting on something so absurd, I'm confidently suggesting we top-up our bets at the end of every year they never get together."

 

"Cool! I've been saving up for a trip back to Busan.. but it seems I'll even be able to go overseas when the years go by!" Yuri positively declared.



And at one point, although 4 years later, Yena actually thought she was going to win the bet…

 

ENOZI Corporation was faring well in the industry and growing number of responsibilities usually called for growth in manpower. CEO Hyewon finally admitted to herself that she initially only treated this company as a pastime or distraction from her life as a successful restaurateur that she didn't expect it to last. But now that more matters in ENOZI made her busy, she immediately recognized the need for an assistant.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter