Because of You

He kidnaps people, would he stop after kidnapping you?

“What?” you asked staring at Daehyun. You didn’t know what he was talking about. Moving in with you? Redoing the building? Was he crazy? You didn’t know if he was crazy or not. Why in the world would Daehyun want to move in with you in a crappy building?

“I’m moving in with you,” Daehyun repeated with the most serious face possible. “I’m your new roommate.”

“But don’t roommates have more than one bed?” you asked staring at the single bed that the other people had brought up. “There’s only one,” you whispered as you pointed towards it.

“That’s the purpose,” he said as he laughed at your innocence.

 

Daehyun was nervous; he was very nervous and wondered how someone like you would accept living with someone like him. He wondered if you would reject it as soon as you had heard the news, but somehow you didn’t and it made him happy inside, very happy.

 

“Oppa,” you began, “why did you decide to move in now?”

“I wanted to spend more time with you.”

“Spend more time with me?” You wondered why he would want to spend more time with you.

“Look, school is finishing soon and summer is coming. I can’t deal with seeing my parents all of the time, so here comes living at the building,” he said looking around. “Of course we’re going to fix it, but for now, this is what we have to deal with.”

 

You watched as he went over to some of the boxes and started pulling things out and putting them away. You noticed that he began pulling out women’s clothing and wondered if he had some sort of secret obsession that you didn’t know about.

 

Daehyun noticed you staring at the clothes. “These,” he said picking one up and showing it to you. “These are your new clothes.”

“My clothes?” you asked staring at them. it seemed so foreign to you, getting new clothes.

“Your clothes. I got them for you, I hope you like them. Now,” Daehyun said as he was talking to himself. “I have to go buy food for the fridge.”

 

Daehyun began rambling off on the tons of things that he had to do in order to make the room more like a small apartment for the two of you. Daehyun was sure that during his living at the building, he was going to make you fall in love with him. He was sure that you were going to see how great of a guy he was, despite the unusual circumstances in which you met each other, and show you that he can be someone good. He didn’t know that you already loved him.

 

“I’ll be going out, I’ll be back soon,” Daehyun said as he left you in the building.

 

Seizing the opportunity, you looked around some more with Daehyun’s watchful eye on you. You walked over to the dresser and opened up to see the different clothes that Daehyun had bought you. You wondered why he would go out of his way to buy you things when he hadn’t before. His behavior was a little strange, but it wasn’t anything that you would actually question. In all honesty, you thought that he was just being weird again and that the phase would eventually pass.

You finally laid eyes on the bed and sat down on it. It felt soft and it felt like you would be able to sleep for eternity just by lying down and closing your eyes. It was so long since you had a proper bed to sleep on. It had been so long that you lost count after a while. How long were you even Daehyun’s victim?

Slowly, you found yourself getting sleepy on the bed and figured that perhaps going to sleep wouldn’t be such a bad thing. In the end, you decided to close your eyes.

 

Daehyun was the store and shopping for things to fill the fridge with so he wouldn’t have to go out and get fast food for the two of you to eat. He was sure that you missed home cooked meals and even though he wasn’t the best cook alive, he was going to attempt to do it for you.

After thinking, Daehyun realized that he was doing everything for you. He was redoing the building for you and he was going to make you food. He bought clothes for you and even a bed for you to have a more enjoyable sleep even with him by your side at night. “I must be crazy,” Daehyun muttered as he looked at the ground as he walked.

 

Daehyun finally got to the building and saw you sleeping on the bed already. Slowly, he went over to the side that you were facing and kneeled down in front of you. Kneeling there, Daehyun simply stared at you. He didn’t touch your face and he didn’t kiss your forehead, he just sat there and stared at you the whole time. He felt that staring at you would make his world complete and that if he could just do that all of the time then he would have a purpose to live and get through every day. Daehyun wondered why you two had to meet in unfavorable circumstances.

 

While he began preparing the meal, Daehyun wondered what life would’ve been like for him if he had met someone like you sooner. He wondered if he would’ve turned out the way that he turned out or if he would’ve been someone with a nicer heart and learned to be more understanding towards others.

Daehyun wanted to be someone that could be more understanding, but he didn’t know how to be. No one taught him how to be understanding, so, after seeing what his parents lives were like, he grew up thinking that the world was nothing but a cold place where people did bad things. That was when he turned to doing crimes for his own enjoyment. He had never once felt emotions until he met you.

 

Daehyun laughed to himself. It was all because of you that he was feeling this way. It was all because of you that he was now acting like a normal human being. If he hadn’t met you, Daehyun was sure that he would be kidnapping someone else and using them for his own personal needs. Somehow, though, that need and want that came with kidnapping someone slowly faded as you stayed by his side longer. He had to thank you for that.

 

After a while, the food was done and Daehyun went over to your sleeping side again. “Hey, hey,” he said gently shaking you so you would wake. “Let’s go eat.”

“Huh?” you asked as you blinked your eyes a couple of more times to see Daehyun kneeling right in front of your face. That’s when you realized that you fell asleep on the bed.

“Let’s go eat,” Daehyun said as he grabbed your hand and brought you to the couch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thesuitelife547 here. Sorry for the short chapter, but it's 1:18 AM here right now and I should be getting to bed. I just wanted to post something before I drifted off into sleepland. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, despite its shortness :)

Here is a Daehyun gif from one of their No Mercy stages.

tumblr_m9df7lEU8m1r1mwwg.gif