drabble #1

Butter Digger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol wakes up to the sun seeping through the curtains, almost blinding him with the brightness. The digital clock on the side tables shows that it is a little just over 11 a.m. It's almost noon and no wonder the sun is blazing through the floor-to-ceiling bedroom windows.

 

He groans at the unwelcomed extra heat and reaches out for the little remote on the bedside, pressing a button before watching the curtains slowly closes and effectively blocking the sun from entering the room.

 

“Babe?” he calls out to his boyfriend, his deep voice raspy and a few octaves lower from sleep.

 

Silence is what answered him.

 

He rubs his face tiredly before pushing the covers away. Getting up from the bed, he groans again when he hears his back cracking.

 

It is definitely his age taking a toll on him. When you’re a CEO and your amount of workload is second next to the country’s president, Chanyeol has to squeeze any extra time to go to the gym— to which he would prefer to sleep instead, preferably with a brunette inside his arms and thus, he had not properly visited the gym in 2 months.

 

Yes, he feels terrible and out of shape thank you very much.

 

After swiftly washing himself up and changing his pyjamas into sweatpants, forgoing his shirt because it’s a little stuffy because of the summer weather, he exits their shared bedroom and hops down the spiral stairs.

 

“Baby?” he calls again.

 

No answer.

 

It is eerily quiet and Baekhyun is never quiet. Even when the petite man is silently focusing on perfecting his new recipe, or to what Baekhyun likes to call it, his new-invention-that-could-put-everyone-to-tears, he is never this quiet and will always be accompanied by his playlist of K-Pop music.

 

Trust him, if there’s someone who would know about that, it is Park Chanyeol.

 

It’s not always you wake up to ‘Boombayah’ blasting at full volume accompanied with Baekhyun’s poor attempt at sing-a-long.

 

Park Chanyeol had the first-hand experience and liberty to watch that happens once in a fortnight whenever ‘Butter Digger’ is coming up with a new menu.

 

It was a sight to behold if he could muse.

 

He opens the fridge and takes out a chilled bottled water before chugging it down. Only when he turns towards the marbled countertop does he notice something under the food cover, immediately smiling like a fool when he sees the baguette and the little post-it note stuck onto the side of the plate.

 

getting some groceries with Soo! I made salmon baguette and you better finish them or else I’ll get mad :< love you vvvvvvveerrryyyyy much xoxoxxoxoxo - baek <333333

 

Chanyeol cannot wipe the disgustingly-in-love smile out of his face and makes a mental note to send his little boyfriend a text.

 

After his hearty breakfast, Chanyeol goes upstairs to retrieve his phone and runs back downstairs to the kitchen. He snaps a picture of the empty plate and sends it to the brunette.

 

Thanks baby I enjoyed breakfast. Be back home soon. I love you <3

 

Just a second (or two) after he hits the ‘send’ button, he hears the sound of the door keypad being pressed and instantly leaps out of the kitchen to open the door.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter