drabble #2

Butter Digger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love, what's this?” Chanyeol asks, pointing to the arrays of paper bags on the bed. He just arrived home from work and to his surprise, he finds none other than Baekhyun sitting in the middle of the bed amidst all those huge bags, taking selfies— or at least, tries too. 

 

Because his little boyfriend is struggling to fit every single bag into the frame, jutting out his lips every time the pictures come out crooked, Chanyeol figures.

 

Baekhyun is too engrossed in his little selfie session that he didn’t notice his boyfriend entering the room and yelps, dropping his phone on the bed with a silent thud.

 

“Yeollie!” he exclaims, excitedly hopping off from the bed to run into his boyfriend’s arm while the taller reprimands him to be careful and not jump over those paper bags. 

 

“Careful!”

 

“You’re finally home!” Baekhyun squeals, not minding the warning. Unsurprisingly , he trips on his last steps and saved himself from the nasty fall because he falls into Chanyeol’s embrace instead. 

 

Chanyeol flicks the shorter’s forehead playfully, pursing his lips into a thin line. “I told you to be careful.”

 

“You’re here to catch me anyways— you wouldn’t let me fall, right?” Baekhyun cheekily grins, nuzzling his face into Chanyeol’s chest, inhaling the familiar scent. 

 

Has he mentioned that he loves Chanyeol’s scent? At this point, you can even call it an obsession because Baekhyun cannot fall asleep at night unless he is wrapped with the bergamot scent. 

 

Chanyeol grunts but pulls Baekhyun’s body closer into his hold. “You’re very lucky you make mean strawberry tarts or else…”

 

Baekhyun squints his eyes and glares at the taller. He pinches the side of Chanyeol’s waist a little bit too forcefully that Chanyeol lets out a small-scream.

 

“Ow ow ow! Babe!” 

 

“Try saying that again,” Baekhyun glares, his lips forming into a pout. He goes back to hugging his boyfriend. He rubs his hands over the spot he had just pinched, slowly starting to feel sorry.

 

Chanyeol pecks his temples and mutters a soft sorry against his forehead. They both bask in the silence for a while, just quietly appreciating each other’s existence. 

 

However, time passes and Baekhyun’s legs are starting to hurt from standing up too long, not only that, his eyes are gradually feeling heavier as the second pass by. Being cocooned in Chanyeol’s embrace always triggers his sleepy mode. 

 

Chanyeol breaks the silence when he chuckles, his deep voice echoing through the four walls. He can feel Baekhyun yawning against his neck.

 

“Love, you can’t sleep here.”

 

“Mmhm,” Baekhyun whines, “But you’re so warm.”

 

“I would suggest you sleep on the bed but look at the mess you made, baby,” Chanyeol mumbles and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter