Final

Butter Digger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun lets out a loud cry, alarming all the customers inside the well-lit cafe painted with hues of pastel blue and pink. The clock is currently pointing at twelve and the cafe is slowly being filled with workers on a lunch break who crave for coffees and desserts.

 

“Boss! Are you okay?!” one of the staff asks while another one with white porcelain skin turns to face the rest of the customers and bows apologetically, telling them that the alarmed cry was nothing serious and they can carry on with their breakfast.

 

“I apologise on behalf of the owner, please do continue your meal.”

 

Some shake their head, clearly amused and used to the random outburst of the adorable cafe owner meanwhile some newcomers furrow their eyebrows in curiosity.

 

Baekhyun shoves his phone into his staff’s face, startling the man who goes by the name Sehun. “Sehunnie, look! Chanyeollie is ignoring me again!” he cries again.

 

Sehun scratches his head awkwardly before muttering softly, “Uh— but boss… doesn’t Director Park usually ignore you?— I mean like— this is not the first time, right?”

 

“I know!” Baekhyun stomps his feet grumpily. “— but that doesn’t mean it hurts less each time!”

 

Sehun stands there bewilderedly, not knowing what to respond to the distressed pastry chef. Thankfully, his eye meets with the other pretty male who is working at the cashier.

 

Kyungsoo, the man at the cashier gestures for him to return to his barista station and leave their wailing boss be. “Go,” he mutters silently.

 

Once he is done taking orders from the line of customers, Kyungsoo turns around to smack his friend on the back.

 

“Gosh! What’s with you, Soo? That hurts!” the other male whines and rubs his back. He isn’t kidding, his back does sting from the sudden blow.

 

“Get back to work, Baek!”

 

Baekhyun crosses his arms and sticks out his tongue at the fuming male. “No! I’m sad— let me wallow in peace!”

 

“You’re disturbing everyone with your annoying cries and gosh, Baekhyun— this happens every single day, don’t you get tired of it? You’re scaring our customers away— oh you’re so lucky you’re cute, though…” Kyungsoo says exasperatedly, unintentionally praising him at the same time. “And please— please stop giving free desserts to the CEO— keep this up and your cafe will go bankrupt soon, I swear!”

 

Baekhyun frowns at his friend’s words and huffs loudly.

 

“— and I don’t know why I’m worrying for your cafe instead when you do nothing but act pretty all day…” Kyungsoo continues and massages his temple.

 

“Hey! I baked all the cakes every day!’ Baekhyun argues.

 

Kyungsoo blows on his bangs and raises his eyebrows. “Well, duh? That’s because it’s your job.”

 

Baekhyun, growing annoyed at his best friend, puts his phone away into his pink apron and turns around to go into the kitchen.

 

“You are so Chanyeolphobic huh— bye! I’m not talking to you anymore!” he stomps away, putting extra force into his steps to show his anger.

 

Kyungsoos shakes his head in disbelief at the childish behaviour and faces the front again, again, bowing his apologetically to the eyes watching.




 

“Good afternoon, Jaehyunnie~” Baekhyun greets sweetly, placing a box of cupcakes in front of the male. “Is the director here today?”

 

Jaehyun eyes the box of sweets and he almost drools at the assorted flavours of cupcake lined up nicely inside the transparent box. “Yes, he is. Please go on inside— and thank you for this!” he shakes the box, delighted and if he is a puppy, his tail would surely wag nonstop.

 

“Sweet!” Baekhyun nods and walks past the younger excitedly. He knocks on the door twice before going in after hearing a dim “Come in.” from inside.

 

He enters with light steps and his lips curls up at the sight of the director of the company, his sweet Chanyeol, working so concentratedly on his computer.

 

“Chanyeollie~ I bought you red velvet cupcakes today!” he exclaims loudly and places the big paper bag onto the mahogany table.

 

Chanyeol, after registering that the voice doesn’t belong to his secretary, finally looks away from the monitor and almost instantly regret not informing his secretary to not let anyone inside his office.

 

He honestly thought it was Jaehyun making his way inside.

 

“Why are you here? God— I swear my secretary just let anyone pass that door…” he grumbles.

 

“Jaehyunnie is my friend now~ You cannot escape me, Director Park,” Baekhyun giggles.

 

Baking an extra batch for Jaehyun is never an issue, as long as he can get close to the god-like creature sitting in front of him.

 

Plus, he genuinely likes Jaehyun too, the younger would always answer his calls when he wants to know if the older is in his office or not, unlike Mr Director who wouldn’t even look at his messages, let alone answer his calls.

 

“I’m on a diet, please just give it to Secretary Jung, Baekhyun-ssi,” Chanyeol murmurs, pointing to the door so that the younger would make his way out as soon as possible.

 

Besides, he never knew they were close enough for the younger to call him so informally— so he keeps on addressing Baekhyun with formality, as they should be.

 

Baekhyun’s face falls at the blatant rejection and he pouts dejectedly. “B-but I made them especially for you, Chanyeollie…”

 

Chanyeol feels his blood running cold and the killer pout and he averts his eyes away from the smaller.

 

He feels faint when he hears Baekhyun making noises— oh my god is he weeping? Chanyeol wonders.

 

“Please try them— I got up so early this morning to make them…”

 

Chanyeol sighs heavily, his chest heaving up and down from suppressing his emotion. He faces this nearly every day but why can’t he say no exactly? “...alright.”

 

Baekhyun looks up from the floor almost immediately, happy that the taller one gave in easily today.

 

Other days, it would sometimes take Chanyeol almost an hour for him to give in— and there are even days where he would go home in unshed tears because the latter wouldn’t even look, let alone eat the sweets he brought.

 

And every time that happens, Baekhyun would console and tell himself that maybe Chanyeol doesn’t like the dessert— then he would make a mental note to never bring them again.

 

“Do you like them, Chanyeol? I used less sugar than usual because I know you’re counting your calorie intake— honestly I don’t understand why you do that, you already look like you're specially sculpted by God,” Baekhyun chatters. “I mean like, have you seen your eyes? They’re so perfect and you are so tall too, I would love to hug you and never let go—”

 

“Be quiet, Baekhyun-ssi. I’m eating.”

 

“Ooh! You’re taking a second bite, that’s new! It must be good right— please tell me it’s good~”





 

Now to the most interesting part; their first meeting.

 

So how did they meet exactly?

 

It all began when one of the staff at the cafe had to take an emergency leave for a day and they had run out of waiters to deliver the orders— weekends at the cafe are always busier than usual and Baekhyun, being the good employer, decided to step out of the kitchen and well, help.

 

It was all good until he clumsily bumped into a much taller figure and could only look in despair when the male’s white dress shirt slowly turned black from the Americano.

 

Baekhyun had, of course, apologised countless times and offered to take the dress shirt to the laundry, knowing that he would have to spend a hefty amount of money judging from the expensive logo embroidered on the corner of the shirt.

 

“Oh my fairy godmother! I’m so sorry— I’m so sorry, sir. I didn’t see you there. I thought no one was behind me, I’m so sorry again! Your shirt is stained— oh no what to do?!”

 

“.”

 

He heard the other man say and Baekhyun was about to give the ugliest look to the man because his cafe is not a place that suits profanities! There are kids around too!

 

“Wh—”

 

But once he got a good look at the face in front of him, he was left utterly speechless— who is this prince charming and to what business does he have with him to step his foot into his humble cafe?

 

He was completely and thoroughly smitten by the latter; you can even say that he fell in love at first sight.

 

And for Chanyeol on the other end, he was super pissed, especially when he was running late to a meeting with the board directors.

 

After that day, Baekhyun had taken a liking to the taller male; quickly learning that he is the CEO of the mega-company located right across the street from his cafe.

 

He will always bring him desserts throughout the day— it doesn’t matter if it’s morning, noon or even close to the end of the working hour, because Baekhyun will always be there without a hitch with a bright smile and a paper bag filled with desserts in one hand.

 

“Chanyeollie~ I bought strawberry muffins today~”

 

“Director Park— ! Do you want to try the rainbow crepe or nutella waffle first~?”

 

“Good morning, Chanyeol~ It’s a good day for some truffles— ooh, you look y in red!”

 

It has gotten such a regular sight that the employees no longer question what the owner of the cafe from across the street is doing at their company every single day— gossip has already spread too, saying that he’s dating their strict chief executive director.

 

“Do you think they’re dating?”

 

“I don’t know, too. Like the cafe owner comes here every single day— wouldn’t that make them super close already?”

 

“I won’t be surprised if they are in a relationship.”

 

“The owner of Butter Digger— Byun Baekhyun is his name, I think— is so cute though! He’s also friendly and he smiles all the time. Our director is so lucky to have him! I’m so jealous~ I want a boyfriend too.”

 

“Shush, you. Get back to work— get back to work. They didn’t hire us to gossip!”

 

“Tch, don’t be so tight, Manager Choi~”

 

The director for some reason, couldn’t chase him away no matter how the words are already at the tip of his tongue— he just cannot and he has no idea why too.

 

Maybe because the desserts he brings are all good so there’s no need to refuse free desserts, Chanyeol concludes.

 

Every other day, Baekhyun would ask the taller out for lunch but he would always get a grumpy “No.” as an answer— that doesn’t mean Baekhyun would stop trying though.

 

Persistent is, after all, his middle name.

 

And just like any other day, Chanyeol would outright refuse the offer and say that he is busy with work— he doesn’t have time for a lunch break when all these documents are waiting to be checked and signed. Furthermore, his company had just taken this big project involving the government, and Chanyeol for sure has no second to waste.

 

“Thank you for the offer but I’m really busy right now— so I’m skipping lunch.”




 

One day, Baekhyun tries his luck again after delivering a box of lemon cupcakes with orange zest topping, a recipe he had just tried out for the first time— just in case a miracle would happen and Chanyeol would agree for a lunch date with him.

 

Even the thought of having lunch with the taller makes him giddy.

 

“Chanyeol, do you want to get lunch?”

 

“I’m busy, Baekhyun-ssi. Please see yourself out after this— there’s still many reports I have to approve, I can’t afford to have lunch right now,” Chanyeol answers firmly without looking up from the stack of papers. “I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop bothering me. I don’t like any distractions— it makes me unfocus.”

 

The reading glasses on the bridge of his nose clearly indicates that he isn’t up for any discussion, so Baekhyun quietly makes his way out of the room, carefully closing the door to make sure no sound would distract Chanyeol.

 

Once he is out of the room, he can finally breathe freely again.

 

A distraction— Chanyeol called him a distraction.

 

He exhales heavily and touches his chest— somehow it still hurts here even though he knows that Chanyeol is not angry at him; he was just busy with extra work.

 

“Baekhyun-hyung, are you alright? Did something happen?” Jaehyun gets up from his seat when he notices the smaller male standing frozen outside the closed door.

 

Baekhyun snaps out from his thoughts at the call and looks left and right, registering what just happened. “Huh? What— oh— yeah, I’m fine— I’m alright.”

 

“Are you sure? Was the director mad at you?” Jaehyun asks worriedly, maybe he shouldn’t have let the smaller into his employer’s office— he knows that the director is quite busy for the time being since they have another BOD meeting coming right up soon but he thought the taller would appreciate some break, that’s why he let Baekhyun inside earlier.

 

“Yeah— I’m okay, Chanyeol didn’t get mad at me or anything— he just told me to leave since he’s quite busy right now.”’

 

Jaehyun scowls at Baekhyun’s crestfallen face and stretches his arms around the brunette to engulf him into a comforting hug when the door on his side opens to reveal a tight-faced Chanyeol.

 

“Secretary Jung, please come inside. I have something to discuss with you.”

 

Jaehyun halts his movement, leaving his hand hanging awkwardly mid-air and pulls them down quickly when the director sends him another look.

 

“Oh— alright, Director Park,” Jaehyun nods and touches Baekhyun on his arms, bidding his goodbye.

 

“Okay, I’ll go first— thank you, Jaehyunnie,” Baekhyun bids without pulling his eyes up from the floor. He could feel the director’s menacing stares directed at him and his palms start feeling clammy.

 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, is also mildly confused.

 

Why did the director get out of his seat when he could just press on the intercom to call for him?

 

Weird.




 

Baekhyun kicks the tyre out of anger and yelps before crouching down and holding his foot. He immediately regrets his careless action because his foot throbs painfully, even when it is covered with a shoe.

 

In his defence, the stupid car is acting up and it won’t start for some reason.

 

Not only did Chanyeol ‘chase’ him out earlier, but his car, his sweet little yellow Bentley also decided that it won’t cooperate with him today out of all days.

 

It’s definitely not his day, he sighs.

 

Everyone at the cafe had gone home because, even if Baekhyun is practically the owner of the place, he still has his name scheduled to close the shop every other day.

 

After what happened during the day, Baekhyun wants nothing more but to go home, have a movie marathon by himself and maybe eat a tub of mint chocolate ice-cream and order three large Hawaiian pizzas to soothe his heartbreak.

 

Yes, screw those who don’t, because Baekhyun adores and worships mint-choco ice cream and pineapple on pizza.

 

But anyways.

 

“What’s with you, huh? Out of all days, why today? Listen here you head, I love you— like you’ve been here with me from the start but I won’t hesitate to scrape you off, you understand?” he points his finger at the vehicle as if scolding.

 

And to think that he just got it serviced a few weeks ago— the yellow beetle is really asking for it.

 

Suddenly, a loud honk is heard from the side, startling the poor boy who is still sending useless threats to his unmoving car. He searches for the source of sound and finds a sleek black sports car on the other side of the road.

 

He knows that car— but what does the owner want with him? Especially after that little scenario this afternoon.

 

Baekhyun is not one to bear a grudge, but it really hurt him to see the director acting so cold at him.

 

He turns his body away from looking at the car and acts like he is uninterested when the owner of the car asks him what happened.

 

“Is there something wrong with your car?” Chanyeol yells from the other side.

 

Baekhyun folds his arms on his chest and continues playing deaf— hopefully, the latter would go away soon.

 

He hears the car slowly driving away and sighs for the umpteenth time for the day.

 

Finally, the director is gone.

 

“If you want to keep on acting up— fine! You stay here— I’m going home, hmph!” he scolds the yellow beetle one last time before turning his heels away to walk to the bus station located a few minutes away from the cafe.

 

Thank god it is not far from where he is.

 

He really doesn’t like walking under the hot scorching sun.

 

He has sensitive skin, okay? Don’t judge him.

 

Baekhyun almost jumps when a very familiar looking car stops by his side. The owner rolls down the window and Baekhyun is greeted with Chanyeol in his aviator, now void of the burgundy blazer that he wore earlier with a few buttons of his black dress shirt ed— a look that clearly indicates that he’s done with work for the day.

 

“Where are you going?” he hears the baritone voice ask.

 

“Home,” Baekhyun answers curtly and continues his halted steps, ignoring the taller man completely.

 

When he feels that something (or someone who is controlling the something) following his behinds, Baekhyun turns around and widens his eyes at the sight of the car driving at 20 km/h to trail after him.

 

It wasn’t him the one who acted so cold earlier!

 

Why is he being all friendly now? He grunts.

 

Baekhyun continues the indifference act, the bust stop is just a few steps away from him! He can get home just fine thank you!

 

But, never in his 24 years of living was he ready for the next question to come.

 

“Do you want a ride back home?” Chanyeol offers. He notes how Baekhyun’s cheeks almost immediately turn crimson red at the offer.

 

Cute. Realising what he just thought, Chanyeol shakes his head softly.

 

He did not just call another man cute, did he? Crazy… this is so not him.

 

Baekhyun’s stomach is basically doing somersaults at the sweet voice offering to take him home. Without waiting, he opens the passenger seat and hops in, buckling the seatbelt without being told to do so.

 

Oh, how fast his feelings betray him.

 

The things love do…

 

“Let’s go, Chanyeol~ I will guide you to my house!”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head at the sudden change of emotion— the 27 years-old man genuinely thought that the male would ignore him some more.

 

He pushes the gear down and drives off without a word.

 

Along the way, he discovers that Baekhyun is a really chatty one— the smaller male would point out things here and there and would excitedly blabber about his day to him. He honestly has expected the younger to be chatty, but not this chatty.

 

“Chanyeol, do you know? Today, a customer came and demanded to have bought every single thing on the menu— and we sell almost 20 types of dessert daily! Soo asked him if it was for a party or something but you know what?! He said that it was all for himself! Crazy, right?”

 

“That's also possible because we make very nice desserts at Butter Digger but… I really hope he didn’t have a bad sugar rush— consuming too much sugar is so not healthy… I am not paying for his hospital bills if anything happens!” Baekhyun giggles.

 

You say that… and you send me desserts every single day… Chanyeol internally mumbles.

 

“Oh— oh! Just now during lunch, a stray cat appeared at the back door of my cafe— and the poor thing looked so scared and hungry! It was so thin too— definitely malnourished, I say… Then, I went to the convenience store down the street and bought him wet food! I didn’t know what it prefers so I just bought every single flavour available,” Baekhyun giggles, recalling how he almost had a mental breakdown at the store after discovering the ray of different flavours on the shelves.

 

How is he supposed to know if the car prefers salmon, tuna, seafood, beef or chicken?

 

“Then the cat chose the salmon one!” Baekhyun claps as he remembers how happy he felt. The cat ate so well and he was the one who bought the food for it!

 

Chanyeol’s mouth works faster than his brain, so he finds himself asking before realising. “How did you know it chose the salmon flavoured?”

 

“I arranged the cans in front of it and it put its paws on the salmon one~ It was so cute, you should’ve seen it too, Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol almost scoffs at the answer but holds himself back— he doesn’t want to offend the brunette again, especially when he knew he had upset Baekhyun at the office earlier.

 

To his defence, it was a very busy day and Baekhyun distracting him is the last thing he needs.

 

“I really wanted to adopt the kitty but I am just so busy at work— kitty won’t have any friends at home and will be lonely. I don’t want kitty to be lonely…” he juts his lips out.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know what to respond though a small smile still tugs on his lips. He finds the situation oddly adorable and he has no idea why.





 

Chanyeol drives through the security gate after Baekhyun greets the guards, only letting them through once they recognise the smaller beside him.

 

“See you later, Baekhyun,” the guards bow simultaneously.

 

Baekhyun nods and waves to them enthusiastically. “You too, uncles!”

 

The guards, mostly consisting of middle-aged men, smile fondly at the excited reply. Their employer has always been the friendliest.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know why he feels strangely relieved seeing the tight security around Baekhyun’s housing area— though he should’ve expected it considering that he’s now inside quite an elite neighbourhood.

 

Who is Baekhyun exactly? He thought the younger is just some cafe owner— it seems like he might be wrong on this.

 

“Turn right, Chanyeollie— my house is at the end of the road.”

 

Once in front of the house, Chanyeol is left amazed at the size of it— for someone who lives alone, that house is considerably very big. Even if he himself lives in a high-rise penthouse, nothing could beat the huge garden Baekhyun has— filled with a variety of different coloured-flowers and a small fountain in the middle of his garden.

 

The house looks cosy too; painted white like an English style cottage.

 

“You like flowers?” he questions absentmindedly, only realising that he voiced out his thoughts loudly after Baekhyun turns to look at him with a surprised face.

 

Baekhyun smiles, his eyes turning into crescent— delighted that Chanyeol is now asking about him because it had always been him asking the latter before this.

 

This is progress!

 

“Yes~ I like flowers but I at gardening— a close uncle of mine comes to tend the flowers daily,” he chirps.

 

Baekhyun faces some difficulties trying to unbuckle his seatbelt. He scowls when it won’t budge.

 

Just when he is about to call for help from the owner of the car, Chanyeol’s face leans closer to him and Baekhyun literally stops breathing.

 

He sits there frozen rigid at the close proximity and could only stare at Chanyeol’s face— the latter is so close Baekhyun swears he can count the number of lashes he has.

 

“Sorry— this seatbelt’s been having issues for quite a while and I always forgot to repair them because no one really sits here,” Chanyeol mumbles before leaning back onto his seat after unbuckling Baekhyun from the faulty belt.

 

Baekhyun finally lets out his breath once the face— the very, very handsome face that Baekhyun might or might have not dream of kissing daily— moves away.

 

Inside, he feels so much joy that he could practically jump to the moon after Chanyeol had yet again revealed another fact about him— no one rides in the car with Chanyeol.

 

Knowing that makes him so happy; he couldn’t explain it in words.

 

“Thank you for dropping me home, Chanyeolie,” he shyly says, pulling the hems of his sweatshirts playfully from embarrassment.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Baekhyun opens the door and leaves the car but before he could close the door, Chanyeol again catches him off guard.

 

“Goodnight, Baekhyunnie.”

 

And then Chanyeol drives off, leaving Baekhyun gaping on the street.

 

Chanyeol called him Baekhyunnie— not just Baekhyun but Baekhyunnie! He dropped the formality, there’s no more Baekhyun-ssi! Baekhyun is so overjoyed, he sprints inside his house screaming like a schoolgirl.

 

He has to tell Kyungsoo— oh, the other would be so jealous because he had always said that he would never have a chance with the director of the company.

 

That night, Baekhyun keeps on tossing around in bed, the immense happiness he’s feeling is keeping him awake and he cannot stop grinning all night.

 

He falls asleep with a smile, hugging the giant bear he named ‘Yeollie’ tight in his hold.




 

The days after went like usual, Baekhyun would wail when his Chanyeol ignored him and his best friend, Kyungsoo would smack some sense into him and the two would bicker again.

 

Just a usual day at Butter Digger, their customers note.

 

It has been such a usual occurrence that they don’t feel disturbed by the pretty cafe owner’s random outbursts anymore.

 

“I’m going to send Chanyeol this meringue cake— there’s no use talking to you!” they hear the cafe owner tell the other male in charge of the counter.

 

“Whatever!” Kyungsoo retorts back. He is also sure that their regular customers are also tired of him apologising every single time, so Kyungsoo resorts to only nod his head and grins meekly to them.

 

Once Baekhyun arrives on the 32nd floor, a floor reserved just for the CEO and his secretary, Baekhyun finds the front desk void of Jaehyun— that’s weird.

 

Jaehyun would always be the first one to greet the male once he arrives on the floor.

 

Baekhyun scrunches his eyebrows and wonders where the younger male is.

 

Is he in the restroom? Pantry maybe?

 

But usually, Jaehyun would put a sign, sticking a paper note onto the table before leaving for a little break.

 

So, Baekhyun puts his little paper bag onto the front desk and wanders, craning his neck to look for any sign of the secretary.

 

Then, something clicks in his head.

 

Maybe Jaehyun is in the director’s office?

 

Ah… no wonder he isn’t in his seat.

 

Giddily, he grabs the porcelain white paper bag engraved with a logo of Butter Digger right in the middle and advances towards the room, skipping leisurely while humming a soft tune under his breath.

 

He is going to meet his Chanyeol, what else is better than that?

 

However, before he can knock onto the door, he gets the shock of his life when he sees the door open and someone— or rather, a very pretty woman, sitting sideways on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

...Who…?

 

Baekhyun moves to the side before the director would sense his presence and he grips the paper bag tightly, suppressing his sobs and he clenches his shirt; right above where his heart is.

 

Is that… his…?

 

Baekhyun feels his airway contracting, finding it hard for oxygen to enter his lungs.

 

It hurts.

 

It hurts so much.

 

Was love supposed to hurt this much?

 

He recalls the conversation he had with Chanyeol before this.

 

“I like you, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun had bravely said one day after sending a box of blueberry muffins to Elyxion Corporation’s director.

 

“It’s now or never.”

 

That was what had driven him to confess.

 

“Look…” Chanyeol pauses, inhaling deeply to collect his thoughts. He had an inkling that Baekhyun had taken a liking to him after sending him desserts from his cafe for almost a week straight. “...I’m so sorry… I don’t like you that way, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Baekhyun’s face immediately fell. “...Oh…” he belatedly answers. He plays with the loose string on his shirt and nods a few times. “It’s okay… I understand.”

 

After that, Baekhyun was demotivated for a while— but he quickly regathered his spirits and proceeded to try again.

 

“It’s okay, Chanyeol! I can like you enough for both of us!” he beams.

 

By hook or crook, he will make sure that Chanyeol will fall for him too— he believes that trying to win a man’s heart is through their stomach, so he uses his advantage as a patissier to the fullest.

 

He would go to the man’s office with new desserts every day, or sometimes he’d even drop by with lunch when he knows how busy the latter is. He was happy enough to be close to the man of his dream.

 

But now, standing with only a wall separating him from Chanyeol, he finally realises— it was stupid of him to keep on trying.

 

He didn’t bother to find out if the man had anyone special all these while.

 

That was foolish of him.

 

No wonder… he doesn’t like me that way.

 

Chanyeol has someone special waiting for him.

 

Baekhyun was the actual third wheeler all this time.

 

Stepping away with careful steps to not draw any unwanted attention from those two engrossed in their world in the room, he places the paper bag at the front desk and flees from the office.

 

He needs to get away as fast as possible because his chest feels tight and everything is suffocating him alive— he might even faint in any second.




 

It is a quiet evening, Chanyeol is done going through the stack of reports earlier and is just resting comfortably, waiting for wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter