Chapter 4: The End of the First Day

There’s a Boundary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present

“That mostly went according to plan,” Minju whispered to Yuri as they got out of the bathroom after they changed into their spare clothes. Minju changed into a loose white t-shirt, light skinny blue jeans, white slip-on Vans, and Chaewon’s jean jacket, which fortunately fit perfectly with her spare outfit. Yuri, on the other hand, changed into a similar loose black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, black slip-on Vans, and Yena’s jean jacket to top it all off.

“Yup, mostly” Yuri agreed, opening her locker and storing her other backpack that contained her original outfit. She then turns to Minju who happened to be doing the same thing and nudged her a little. “My sister’s jacket looks good on you,” Yuri complimented and teased with a smirk while wiggling eyebrows at the latter, who was currently a blushing mess.

“Sh-shut up,” Minju stuttered, accidentally slamming her locker while she playfully punched Yuri’s arm. “You know, Yena Unnie’s jacket doesn’t look too horrible on you too,” she teased back, causing Yuri to furrow her eyebrows.

“What do you mean not too horrible. I look FANTASTIC in it!” she emphasized while she twirled around and posed like a model in front of the shocked latter.

“You are so embarrassing!” Minju screeched while slapping Yuri’s arm. But before Yuri could properly react, Minju already hooked their arms together and dragged her to their classroom.

“What just happened?” Yuri asked when she realized that she was sitting down on a chair. “I was just in the hallway, how the heck did I get here all of a sudden?” she asked once again and looked at Minju with confusion plastered all over her face.

“I dragged you here because you’re embarrassing,” Minju answered, looking at the latter with a poker face. “You know you should be thankful that I did that because our class is about to start.”

“Wait, it is?!” Yuri exclaimed while she furiously grabbed her phone and checked the time. “Huh… Thanks I guess,” she added, turning off her phone while she sat back and relaxed into the uncomfortable chair the school provided.

“You are very welcome,” Minju replied, leaning forward and staring aimlessly at the door, waiting for their teacher to come in and start the class. After a few seconds, she turned back to Yuri and poked the dazed latter’s cheeks. “How much time do you think we’ll have to change back into those outfits?” she asked as she realized that they didn’t talk about it earlier.

“We have five minutes,” Yuri answered, resulting in Minju’s garbled expression.

“That’s not enough time for us to change, right?” Minju questioned since it took her almost ten minutes to properly put on her clothes this morning.

“No, that’s plenty of time!” Yuri confirmed. “It’s just that you’re slow so you’ll need to somehow make it work,” she added, sitting up and fixing her posture.

“Wait. How are you so sure that we only have that much time?” Minju asked again.

“Girl, I know my sister well, and Chaewon Unnie keeps a detailed schedule of how she wants her school day to go,” she answered, noticing how their classmates rushed into the class, most likely caused by their incoming teacher.

“But, how'd you find out about it?” Minju asked, still oblivious to what’s happening.

“Well, I went to her room last night when she was getting ready to go to bed, and took a picture of her plan for the day,” she answered once again, fixating her eyes on the closed door.

“Wow. You’re something else, Jo Yuri,” Minju muttered under her breath, which unfortunately caught Yuri’s attention.

“Hey! You signed up for it,” she replied, shrugging her shoulders.

“Yeah, I sadly did,” Minju agreed while she shook her head in regret.

“Wow!” Yuri exclaimed, deeply offended by what her best friend just said.

“What? I thought we’re being honest,” Minju defended.

“Whatever,” Yuri says as she rolls her eyes in annoyance, causing Minju to laugh like a hyena. Fortunately, the teacher came in and set their belongings on their desk, which was something that Yuri thought she could use to quiet down her laughing friend.

“Psst. Shut up, the teacher just came in, you dumb frog,” Yuri whispered to the latter, as she saw their teacher look up from their desk and look over to her and Minju’s desk.

“Since when did you care about Math?” She questioned when she calmed down, knowing that the latter dreaded the said subject the most like everyone else in the room.

“Since now, so pay attention!” she whispered back again.

“Geez, okay ma’am,” Minju says as she puts her hands a little bit over the desk as a sign of surrender, causing Yuri to roll her eyes again.

‘Someone please lend me the patience and power to not smack this best friend of mine!’ she exclaimed in her head. ‘Let's just get the day over with so I can see Yena Unnie and smack this girl later.’

 

 

DING! DING! DING!

The final bell rang through the whole building, energizing all the dead and tired souls of the students, as they finally got to leave the place and take a well-deserved nap. Unfortunately, Chaewon couldn’t do so as she needed to deal with her sister and the latter’s best friend. She let out a deep sigh and slowly packed her belongings in her bag.

“Yo! What’s with the sighs?” Yena asked in concern as she placed her arm on Chaewon’s shoulders, causing Chaewon to let out a deeper sigh.

“Did you forget what happened this morning already?” Chaewon asked as she took off Yena’s arm on her shoulders and put her backpack on.

“What did happen this morning?” Yena asked, scratching her head and pretending to be confused just for the sake of messing with her already annoyed best friend. Upon seeing Chaewon’s annoyed and murderous glare directed towards her, Yena took off to the other side of the classroom. Unfortunately, everyone already left their class leaving Yena all alone to fend for herself.

“Ya!” Chaewon screamed. “Come over here and let me give you some good smacking so you can remember!”

“I’m just messing with you! Of course, I remember, I mean it resulted in me being separated from my favorite jacket!” Yena reasoned as Chaewon chased her all over the class.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a desperate cry for help echoed throughout the packed halls of the school.

“SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME!”

 

 

Meanwhile….

Once Yuri and Minju heard the final bell, Yuri grabbed her best friend and rushed out of the classroom. They both hurriedly opened their lockers, threw in their school bag, yanked their second backpacks, slammed the locker door, and dashed for the bathroom. The two spent a good minute or two putting on their original outfits and making sure that they looked identical to how they looked this morning. Except for the coat that hid their overall outfits and the jean jackets that covered their overly exposed skins, like Yuri’s shoulders and Minju’s long legs.

“You ready,” Yuri asked the panting Minju, as she was sure that this was the very first time the latter changed clothes at this speed in a long time.

“I guess so,” Minju answered as she finished fixing her hair.

“Okay. Come on, let's go back to the classroom. It should be empty by now because I’m pretty sure that everyone rushed out of there after us,” Yuri says as she approached Minju and stood by the latter’s side. “Don’t be nervous Min. The day’s almost over so you can just wash that outfit and keep it in the depths of your closet,” Yuri added as she knew that the latter must be nervous to go out of the bathroom and head back to their classroom.

Minju took a deep breath and looked down at the latter. “Okay, I’m ready now,” she reveals.

“Here,” Yuri says as she held out her hands towards the nervous latter. “Hold my hands and just follow my lead,” she added as she smiled at the nervous latter. Seconds later, she felt Minju’s clammy hands clasp hers, which led her to smile and run out of the bathroom towards their classroom. Before their five minutes were up, the two reached their empty classroom and shoved their coats inside the backpack.

Not even a second later, the two heard a knock from the door, which is directly followed by a girl in a mint sweater stepping inside and facing the two. Another girl in a yellow hoodie and messy state stepped inside the classroom with a nervous smile plastered on her face.

“Are you guys ready?” the girl in mint directly asked the two, waiting patiently by the door.

“Yes, we are,” Yuri answered as she knew that Minju would be flustered by her older sister’s presence in the room. Suddenly, she grabbed the latter and dragged her towards the front of the class, gently pushing Minju towards her older sister causing both of them to become a blushing mess.

“Opps,” Yuri lets out, pretending to be surprised by what happened. “Sorry, Minju and Unnie. I guess I was being too aggressive,” she apologized before she turned towards the door and looked over at Yena who was cackling at the site. “We should go ahead Yena Unnie, those two are gonna take forever to recover from that,” she whispers over to Yena.

“Hm. Yup, you’re right,” Yena agreed as she nods her head and stepped out the door. “Hey lovebirds!” she called, waking her best friend up from her flustered state. “I wanna leave already and I can drop these two over to your house.”

“You sure?” Chaewon asked, approaching the two waiting figures by the door with Minju.

“Yeah, it's all good. I mean you’re going with me somewhere afterward, so it's all good,” Yena answered with a shrug.

”Who said I’m going with you?” Chaewon asked, completely shocked by the sudden change of plan.

“Just go, dude. I’ll make sure to buy you that toothpaste flavored ice cream of yours,” Yena offered.

“Bro, it's called Mint Choco and it does not taste like toothpaste!” Chaewon countered.

“Unnie, it literally tastes like cold toothpaste with chocolate chips,” Yuri deadpanned, looking at Chaewon with disgust.

“No, it doesn’t!” Chaewon cried, offended by the claims made by her best friend and younger sister. “It doesn’t taste like toothpaste, right Minmin?” Chaewon asks, looking at the quiet girl next to her with eyes full of hope, making the said girl look down in shame.

“I’m sorry Unnie, but I have to agree with those two,” Minju muttered, approaching the two and giving an apologetic look towards the older.

“I feel so betrayed,” Chaewon exaggerated, bringing her left hand up to her forehead while letting out a deep sigh.

“You’ll be fine!” Yena assured, approaching her distressed best friend. “Let’s go drop these two off and I’ll buy you ice cream afterward.”

“Okay!” Chaewon beamed before she headed towards Yuri and Minju’s direction. “Do not even think for a second that I forgot about what happened this morning,” she glared at the two. “We’ll talk more about this on the way home, but for now we have to get to the car without causing too much commotion,” she added as her eyes softened. “Minju will stick by me while you young lady will stick by Yena,” she ordered.

“Yup,” Yena chimed in. “The hormonal guys in this high school are a whole other breed from those in middle school. Lucky for you two, they all seem to be intimidated by us for no reason,” she explained.

“Which is exactly why you two need to stick by us. Come on let's go,” Chaewon commanded as she grabbed Minju’s hands headed out the door.

“Come on Yuri-ya, we can’t let those two beat us to the car!” Yena ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter