Surprises - ssambbang

Drop me a word. No promises.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon is running, as fast as humanly possible, to a place only she knows where she can find her. The rushing teenager could hear someone calling her name at the back of her head as she is running past the school cafeteria. It is pretty faint but familiar enough for Chaewon to make out that the caller is her other junior friend, Kim Minju from class F-2. On other days, Chaewon would stop for a moment and turn back to greet Minju, but today she didn’t. 

 

Burying the sorry feeling that is creeping from the deep down in her heart up to her chest, Chaewon doesn’t stop her pace until she runs into her.

 

Chaewon is nearly breathless by the time she reaches the doorknob, resting her hand on the doorknob, she takes in a couple of deep breaths before getting ready to face whatever welcomes her on the other side of the door. 

 

The door reveals the outer world as clouds are seen calmly wafting into the wild blue yonder, the sunset at the west painting the entire sky in orange and yellow, cars on the streets becoming tiny ants as they gather on the road and making the bustling city much more lively. And there is a little girl casually sitting on the railing at the edge of the rooftop, unfazed by how high she is away from the ground. 

 

Chaewon shakes her head as she sits down beside the girl that is unaware of her presence.

“Seriously, Hitoma! You need to stop sitting at the edge of the building.” Chaewon huffs, “It’s dangerous! Who knows if you’ll get pushed off the building someday?!”

 

Hitomi jolts a bit upon hearing her name being mentioned, the tension only softens when she sees the person reluctantly scooting to the place beside her. 

 

“Chaewon sunbaenim,” Hitomi fixes the glasses with her index finger, her brows turn into frowns, “Why are you still in school at this hour?” 

 

The senior snorts, eyes looking at her junior in disbelief, “Honestly, I don’t know,” Her words soaked in sarcasm before going out of , “Maybe it’s because of a tiny adorable fool who went to the school’s rooftop instead of home after school.” 

 

Hitomi giggles as she hops off the railing onto the floor, she reaches her hand out for Chaewon to hold as she helps the older girl get off the spot. 

 

“I’m sorry for worrying you,” Hitomi apologizes meekly, “I needed to clear off my mind before going home.” 

 

Chaewon rests her palm on top of Hitomi’s head, patting the latter gently, “I understand. But please check your watches next time.”  

 

Hitomi simply nods, opting to stay quiet as they enjoy the beauti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter