Spin the Bottle

Behind the Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Everyone’s here already. We’re busy setting up for tonight. We’ll just see you and Yama-chan after his shoot”, a smile crept up on Rio’s face after seeing her best friend’s text on her mobile screen.

 

It’s been almost a week since the two girls made mends with Ryosuke and Daiki. After only a few days of finding out the truth behind Ryosuke’s article, the rest of Jump barged into their apartment to apologise and almost ran to their embrace.

 

Like a happy ending to a fairy tale story, all of her friends decided to have a dinner party in their apartment to celebrate the fact that Amu decided to stay in Japan to become Hey! Say! Jump’s new assistant manager, and Rio finally getting her license to practice medicine.

 

With swift movements from her fingers, she excitedly texted back, “Thanks, Amu. Yama-chan’s nearly finished with his last scene. See you then!”, she concluded and swiftly tucked her phone inside her pocket. She was supposed to help Amu cook for the party tonight but instead, Ryosuke pulled her to accompany him for his drama shoot.

 

“You’ll burn the kitchen down if you stayed”, his words lingered inside her head, making her pout.

 

She looked around the drama shoot setting and immediately found her boyfriend in front of at least five cameras surrounding him in different angles. A smile was plastered on her face after seeing how good he looked in his suit. She had seen Ryosuke in dramas before, but it hit her differently seeing him live. It’s silly how she acted like a love-struck kid in front of her crush.

 

Rio showed her utmost admiration when he started acting in front of a beautiful actress. She immediately realised that he was shooting a dramatic scene – passionate ones that you see near the end of movies.

 

“Aieru, Ryohei-kun”, his female lead mouthed her lines, referring to Ryosuke’s character in the story.

 

Rio, watching this felt herself gulp at the scene as cold sweat started running down her neck, “What the heck is wrong with me?”, she thought before feeling her stomach turn. Her world turned upside down when Ryosuke lifted his hand and cupped the woman’s face before leaning in for a kiss.

 

As she watched him reach for the actress’ lips, Rio held her breath before fighting the urge to scream out loud, “NOOOO!”.

 

Her voice echoed in the room, making all pairs of eyes turn to her direction. All staff members looked at her peculiarly and exchanged curious whispers. By the time Rio realised what she had done, all she wanted is for the ground to open up and swallow her whole.

 

“Is there a problem, miss?”, the director raised his eyebrow, obvious that he wasn’t amuse at Rio suddenly interrupting a perfect shoot.

 

“I-Uhm… I’ll just see myself out”, she bit her lower lip and slowly tiptoed towards the door.

 

-

 

Rio felt herself shrinking every step she took out of embarrassment, “Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!”, she lightly banged on her head a few times to knock herself into senses. The girl went around in circles, looking for a good place to hide when she came across a massive windowsill with thick curtains attached to it. A few seconds of contemplation made her go behind the curtains and decided to wait for Ryosuke to finish.

 

 

“Let’s take five”, as soon as Rio exited the room, Ryosuke smiled to himself and signalled for a 5-minute break. He just couldn’t help but chuckle at how his girlfriend reacted to his shoot. Like any other ‘Rio moments’, he found this cute and amusing – but this one might be his new favourite.

 

It took him about 3 minutes to go around the building to look for Rio but frowned not finding any clues of her whereabouts. It was then when he decided to pick up his phone and dialled the girl's number. As he heard rings on his mobile, he also heard Rio’s ringtone coming from not so far away.

 

Noting the loud music coming from her smartphone, Rio quickly muted it in panic. It almost made her jump when the curtain opened, revealing Ryosuke grinning like a maniac.

 

“Why are you hiding here?”, Ryosuke was first to speak. He took a step closer with the aim to further tease the girl.

 

“I’m trying to hide before the director kills me”

 

Ryosuke could not hold his laughter anymore, “I thought you said you’re more of a ‘Nakajima-Yuto-kind-of-girl’”, he paused before taking another step closer, leaving only a few centimetres between him and his girl, “… then how come you got jealous when I was about to kiss my co-star?”, he continued with an effort to push Rio to her limits.

 

Seeing their close distance, Rio felt her whole-body tense up. She eyed every corner of Ryosuke’s face and noticed his perfectly sculpted nose and jawline. He is releasing so much pheromones that she could hardly collate her thoughts. “I-I’m not jealous. Who told you I was?”, trying to protect the little dignity she has left, she tried to counter Ryosuke’s teasing.

 

“Ah, souka”, not knowing when to quit, Ryosuke pulled a photo from his phone and showed it to Rio, “Then why do you have a picture of me on your nightstand?”. Rio’s eyes widened upon seeing a photo of her own room where it showed a picture of Ryosuke displayed right next to her bed.

 

“H-H-How did you get that?!”, if she could shrink more, she already did out of embarrassment.

 

“Dai-chan took a photo of it when he had his date with Amu”

 

Rio was about to grab his phone out of his hands when a staff member called out Ryosuke’s name, “Yamada-san?”.

 

Hearing this, Ryosuke quickly pushed Rio slightly towards the window and drew the curtains. The thick fabric flowed back and hid their bodies perfectly.

 

Rio could feel her head spin having Ryosuke’s body so close to her. She could almost smell the perfume he’s wearing that day. Her heart pounded like a drum upon feeling Ryosuke’s breath touching her left cheek, “Shh… I just want a few minutes alone with you”, he whispered before pressing Rio against the glass window.

 

“Ne, Yama-chan”, Rio bit her lower lip and gathered courage before speaking up, “I actually lied to you”.

 

“Eh?”

 

“I’m actually more of a ‘Yamada-Ryosuke-kind-of-girl’”, she replied, her words softening in every word until they slowly became a whisper. She awkwardly fondled with the bottom part of her shirt, hoping her words did not sound so forward.

 

Ryosuke could not help but smile at her actions. Like his body had a mind of its own, he held her chin up, looking deep into her eyes, and as if words weren’t necessary, Ryosuke leans closer catching her off-guard. Ryosuke reached forward, his lips catching hers ever so perfectly. The boy moved his lips and locked them together as Rio kissed back.

 

The kiss only lasted for a few seconds, but it was enough for Rio to feel Ryosuke’s warmth all over her body. He tasted like strawberries, smells a lot like it too – sweet and addicting.

 

“I’m a ‘Yamada

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter