08

Confessions of a Friend

[Author's Note: I know I said I'd start putting in the drama, and I'm sorry that this is another cheesy chapter, but I haven't had the inspiration for something dramatic. I've been stressed with school work and I've been feeling like such an old person for the past few weeks. I just want to sleep. I've been wanting to write but never seem to have as much brainpower as I'd like, which is why I've only been posting short oneshots lately. I planned on updating this fic with something dramatic but I haven't had the plot flow completely formed in my mind. Hence, yet another sappy (and short) chapter.]

---

 

 

“I wish I had a license, so I could go for rides at midnight, or something.” Min said, stepping back in the car, followed by Jinwoon.

“I wish I had a license so I could drive you around for rides or something.” Jinwoon chuckled, closing the car door. Min gave a small yawn as Jinwoon slipped his arm around her shoulder. She leaned against him. “Sleepy?” He asked. She nodded and took his hand, lacing their fingers together. “Don’t worry, we’ll be back in your dorm in no time. I hope your unnies aren’t mad at me for always taking you away.”

Min shook her head and nodded again. “Maybe it’s your hyungs that would be mad at me, since I’m always taking up your free time.”

“I’m sure they don’t mind.” He rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand.

“Don’t stay up too late, okay?”

“Yes, noona.” He said teasingly. She giggled and squeezed his hand. “I’ll sleep when I get home, I promise.” He added.

“You better!” Min looked up at poked Jinwoon’s lips. “We haven’t had our first kiss yet.”

Jinwoon shot Min a joking glare. “Min, you have to stop ruining my surprises.”

“It was your surprise? I thought it was mine!” She laughed and leaned her head on his shoulder again.

“You’re too smart, you know. That only means I’m not pushing through with that surprise tonight. Coz then it wouldn’t be a surprise.” He leaned his head on Min’s.

“I was planning for it to be under a mistletoe…” She mumbled, but smiled innocently when Jinwoon asked her to repeat what she said. “Nothing, nothing!” She closed her eyes and smiled. “I had a really good time tonight, Jinwoon.”

“Glad you did.” He said. “I was nervous that things might not go as planned. I’m happy they did, and I’m happy you enjoyed it.”

“It was amazing, really. You’re so sweet.”

“Now it makes me think how I’ll top it for Christmas.” Jinwoon tapped his chin with his other hand.            

“Christmas is a long time from now. You wait until then, I have something all planned out.” Min nodded, sitting upright again.

Jinwoon grinned at her. “You think you can top this?” He laughed. “Well Christmas is in 16 days, I can’t wait to see what you have planned. I bet it’s gonna be good.”

“Oh it will be.” She grinned back. “Just wait.”

 

The rest of the car ride was silent, only the steady breathing of the two and the silent hum of the air-conditioning could be heard, and occasionally, Minjae clearing his throat. The car eventually came into a halt in front of Miss A’s dorm apartment building.

“Thank you, Minjae oppa.” Min said politely to the manager. He gave a sleepy smile in response. “I should go now, Jinwoonie.”

“You have to at least let me walk you to your door.” He said with an insisting tone.

“Oh okay, you little boy.” Min laughed.

“Little?” Jinwoon raised an eyebrow. “Come on, I’ll bring you up.”

“Okay, I know I’m the little one here, no need to rub it in!”

“Wait here, hyung.” Jinwoon leaned forward to Minjae, then stepped out of the car and helped Min out, then peeked back inside. “Hyung I’m so sorry for all this stress tonight, I’ll just bring Min up to her dorm. I promise I’ll make it up to you. I’ll treat you to samgyupsal soon. I promise!”

MInjae nodded. “No problem, Jinwoon. Being a manager means I should be prepared for late nights and all these.” He chuckled. “At least you’re not as rowdy as your PM hyungs. Now go bring Min upstairs, I’ll be here. And you may treat me to food.”

Jinwoon nodded and gave more thanks, before closing the door and walking over to Min, who was looking down and swinging her foot casually. “Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?” He asked, taking her hand in his.

“You may have mentioned it.” She smiled. “And even if you didn’t, your face kind of shows it. Stop staring at me like that.” She pressed her hand on Jinwoon’s cheek and lightly nudged it to face away from her. “You’re making me shy.”

“But I can’t help it! Don’t blame me. Blame yourself for looking the way you do.” He pulled her hand away. The two made their way up the lift, and stopped at the front door of the dormitory.

Min leaned her back on the closed door and looked up at the boy who effortlessly towered over her. “You could come in if you want to.”

“I’d love to.” Jinwoon placed his hand on the wall beside Min’s head, and leaned down to move his face closer to hers. “But it’s late, and I better get going.”

“It’s okay.” She reached up a hand and pushed his hair away from his forehead. “You’re right, it’s late, and you should go back and head off to bed.”

“Tell your members that I’m sorry I kept you out this late.” He flashed his smile. Min felt butterflies in her stomach forming, seeing Jinwoon’s famous eye-smile at such a close proximity.

“If they get mad at me that I’m out at this unearthly hour, it’s your fault, okay?”

“Yes, I admit that it’s my fault.” He nodded and slipped his hands around her waist.

“Thank you for tonight, again.” She wrapped her arms around his neck.

“No. Thank you, for saying yes.” He said and pressed his forehead against hers. “To being my girlfriend.” She could only nod, the butterflies forming again in her stomach.

“I’m happy you asked me. I could never see myself saying no.” Min leaned in a little closer, their lips lightly brushing. Then she pulled back, “You should get going.”

“I should. Go get some sleep, okay?”

“You, too.” She opened the door and slipped inside. “Good night, boyfriend.”

Jinwoon’s face brightened, liking the sound of what he heard. “Good night, girlfriend.” He said to Min, who blew him a flying kiss. He grinned and pretended to catch her kiss, and put his hand to his chest. She giggled and gave one last smile and wave before closing the door.