Drunk under the mistletoe

Improvised Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon was never the type to party, yet alone party to celebrate some stupid commercial day such as Christmas. But then, there was her best friend begging her to come, the same goes for all her friends and then there was this sadness in her that successfully bent her unwillingness… she was here yes, but only to drink her sorrow away while she could see Chaeyeon dancing happily in the middle, Yena talking to her crush and Chaewon… well making out with someone. 


 

Hyewon wasn’t about to judge or anything, she just let out that very bitter snort at the sight before gulping down yet another glass of the bittersweet burning liquid down .


 

Why did she need to drink ? 

 

Well, many things and nothing. 

 

She had lower grades this year and of course it didn’t fail to catch someone’s attention who then got better grades. She also gave up on her crush, yes she loved that girl but what was the use in it when her own best friend had her eyes on that same person. Not forgetting to add how she hated all this merry and happy sensation all over the place when no… it wasn’t all merry and happy for her. 




 

She had so many problems yet no one could consider them as such, it was just her life and her feelings… nothing more and nothing less. Yet, it was hard to explain why it hurt so much. At least for her, her friends knew she wasn’t feeling all that great lately but she had never told them why. Just shrugging and blaming it on the exhaustion which wasn’t a lie as she was indeed exhausted emotionally… it is hard to let go of someone you love, but, it was for the sake of her best friend so she was ready for the sacrifice. 



 

Another glass down. Another one filled. 

 

She was alone in a secluded spot of the kitchen, people preferred to stay outside, more likely in the living room or frozen garden as there was just as much alcohol but with the music in addition which looks better. However, Hyewon liked this place more, it was quieter and she could simply just sit there while downing yet another glass. 


 

It was great.


 

“I never knew I’d see you at a party nor even drink some of this…” 

 

The voice blaring in her sensitive ears that longed for the empty silence. It was familiar but her mind was hazy and she couldn’t form any viable string of thoughts.


 

“Wow you actually finished half of that bottle, are you okay.?” The intruder said before walking closer to her.



 

“Do I look okay ?” Hyewon retorted, raising a challenging eyebrow at the person who smiled softly at the sight.


 

Hyewon looked… well… drunk. Her rosy cheeks and dilated pupils and her raspier low voice, it was just so unexpected from the always perfect student that was Kang Hyewon. 


 

“You got a point, but you could at least share.” The smaller woman said, snatching Hyewon’s glass from her hands and taking a sip out of it.


 

“Hey ~ it’s mine !” Hyewon groaned and stood up to get it back but her dizziness made her fall right back in her seat.


 

“Eww, that’s strong. How did you even finish half of that bottle.” The familiar girl said, chuckling at how wasted Hyewon was.



 

“If it’s not your taste then give it back to me~” Hyewon slurred out in a long sentence that was hardly formed.


 

“Nope, you drank too much and I need some for myself so.” The woman retorted before chugging down the glass, frowning hard at how it burned her inside and at the overpowering bitter taste.


 

“Yah-” Hyewon yelled loudly at the sight.


 

“Done, now let’s go.”


 

The smaller of the two dragged Hyewon out of the kitchen, going to another even more secluded place. A room.


 

“Now tell me, why does the perfect Hyewon suddenly drink her life out at a party.” The woman asked.


 

“Why should I tell you.?” Hyewon defied in a haughty tone that didn’t help in masking her slurred words.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter