Reunion Turned Favor

All My Fault

 

He had his big sunglasses put on his eyes just like what idols wear when they try to put on a disguise. I thought it only happens on K-Dramas and I used to think it was stupid. I mean, they still look the same for me after putting on those “disguise” outfit. But looking now at Chanhee-oppa and observing all the people around him, I think the “disguise” thing really worked. No crazy fans. No people approaching to take photos of him or to get autographs. He really made sure to be quiet about his trip here. I was disappointed because I kind of readied myself for all of those stuffs and relieved at the same time because I’m not sure if I could really handle a stampede.

He walked my way, smiling.

“YAH! Chari-ya! You’ve grown.” he said, ruffling my hair again for the first time in years.

Without thinking, I hugged him. “Oppa!” He skipped a little with surprised. “Oppa! I missed you.” I almost cried, forcing the tears not to fall out of my eyes.

“Yah! Why you so huggy?” he laughed and I let go of him. “Of course, we would miss each other. It’s been two years, right?”

I nodded. “How were you, oppa? How was it like to become an idol? Do they exhaust you that much? Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat much?”

“Haha. Why all the negativity?” He chuckled. I liked it when he laughed just like that. It makes me think we’re on the same age.

“Nothing. That’s mostly what I hear from the news that companies usually do to idols.”

“Don’t worry. I’m in the kindest company ever. Are you hungry?”

“Yes!” Actually, I was not. I just ate lunch. But maybe Oppa is hungry and he’ll disregard his hungriness if I said no.

“So… you’re treat?” he smiled wide.

“Bwo?! You’re the one who’s got work and money.” I pouted.

“Haha. Just kidding. Aww. You cute little thing.” He ruffled my hair again.

I stepped back a bit. “Eeeehhhh~ Oppa, you’re messing up my hair,” I said, complaining and glaring at him.

He laughed. “That’s the purpose. Aishh. Kyeowo~”

“Psshhh. Whatever! You know, how long it is to keep frizz from this hair. Aish. You have no idea.”

 “Aigoo~ My little dongsaeng’s grown up already? Arasseo, arasseo.” He fixed back my hair. And then, he did that thing I miss the most from him. He winked at me.

 

~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~

 

We went to this restaurant we used to only look at when we were still kids. It has delicious food posted on its glass wall and just looking at the people eating inside made our mouth water.

“We’re finally eating.” I sat on the chair, feeling the moment. It seemed like a dream. Oppa called the waiter and ordered for us, without asking what I want to eat. So… he can still remember my favorites, I smiled a bit so that he won’t notice. The waiter came back with our food and drinks.

 “A toast for our first date,” he said, smiling. I was used to that smile. Now, it’s like I’m melting when I look at it.

“Haha. A toast with an iced tea. And this isn’t a date. Merong.”

“Whut? First, you can’t have alcohol. And second, of course this is a date. Two people, a boy and a girl, eating together. It really is a date. Merong.”

“Oppa!” I frowned at him. He’s not serious, right?

“Dongsaeng!” he shouted back at me and smirked. “Teehee. Kidding. Now, don’t frown. Smile.” He smiled, as if he’s teaching me how to smile.

“Ugh. You just never get tired smiling,” I grunted.

“You get used to it when you become an Idol. And… Doesn’t it make me charming?” And there goes the smile again. I was about to answer “Huh. As if.” when my phone rang.

“Wait. Oppa. I need to take this.” I excused myself and went to the ladies’ room.

“Annyeonghaseyo?”

“Ohmygod Chari-shi. I got really mad at you when I went to your home and you weren’t there. I thought you forgot. But seeing you talking with Chunji… I’m sorry I ruined your surprise.”

Forgot? Surprise? I looked at my phone’s screen and realized it’s October 10 today. God. I forgot its Sooji’s birthday.

“Of course!” I went with the flow. “How can I forget? You’re my best friend, right? Am I not the bestest friend ever? Haha.” I tried to laugh genuinely. Now, what am I going to do?

“Of course you are. You evil one. Trying to make me mad? So can I go inside now since your surprise is busted? You know how I’m a big fan of Teen Top. And you know how much I admire Chunji. I really can’t believe you’re doing this to me. I’m tearing out of happiness now.”

“Wait-wait. You can’t yet. I still have a much bigger surprise for you. Call you later. Happy birthday!” I ended the call worried. Why does it have to be now?

I went back to Chanhee-oppa. “Oppa, just act normally.”

“Why?! Are we being kidnapped?! Crazy fans?” he was really worried.

“No-no. And I said act normally.” I tried to explain things to him. “Oppa, I know how this is our first meeting after two years. And we should spend this time together since you can’t usually take a plane and go here. But it’s my friend’s birthday, and I know I’m a bad friend for forgetting her birthday. But she saw us and she thinks that I’m talking to you for her. So… can you perform in front of my friend today? Please.” His eyebrows met, worried? Mad? Sad? Disappointed? Thinking? Then he smiled.

“Of course,” he smiled. I wanted to hug him again but thinking that Sooji might be out there watching, I just said a very big thank you. “Shall I call my members, too?”

“Chinja?! You’d do that? That would be great!” I said. Now, I’m really excited. I thought he would not agree with my idea.

 He took his phone and dialled and called one of s. “And don’t tell manager hyung about this.” He then turned to me and said,“Teen Top would be here in about an hour.”

“Kamsamhida. Really.” I was really relieved.