See You Later

All My Fault

 

See You Later

“Waah.. Oppa. Jjang! I’m never giving up being your number one fan!” I exclaimed effortfully, my jaw still dropped after listening Chanhee-oppa sing for the hundredth time, never feeling disappointed on every performance.

“Aaahhh… You…” he said blushing. He then ruffled my hair and put his guitar back to its case. “I’m leaving now, ‘kay? I still need to do some chores at home. See you later.”

“Uhm,” I nodded. “I’ll just stay here for a while and finish my homework. My brother plays the electric guitar really loud allllll~ niiii~ghhht looo~ng.”

“Yah. Chinja. You should’ve told me earlier. I just let you waste your time listening to me singing.”

I shaked my head and said, “Nooo~ I said I’m your fan, right? Number one also on top of that. And besides, I love acoustic songs.” I gave him two thumbs up. “Go now, oppa. So that I can finish my homework early.”

“Aishhh. How rude. Hmmmph..” He turned his head, acting annoyed. Then he turned back and smile. “Kidding. Okay. I’m leaving now, really. Teehee. Miss me, okay?”

 

~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~

 

It was a Saturday afternoon and I was on my way to the grocery store to buy the things on the list my mother gave to me when I heard someone singing. I followed where the sound came from and found a boy singing and dancing energetically to DBSK’s Mirotic.

Neon nareul wonhae
neon naege ppajyeo
neon naege michyeo
Neon na ui no ye
I got you~ under my skin.

 

He ended it with a very fierce pose just like in the music video. Before I could even think about it, I clapped my hands loudly and applauded him for such a performance.

“Bwo?! Who are you?! When did you came?!” He asked, shocked on my presence and immediately started to pack all his things. I tried to look at his face but the place seemed to deny him light.

“Annyeong!” I started with a cheery smile on my face which maked my eyes disappear. “I heard a sound and followed it. Then. I saw you singing... and dancing. I hope you don’t mind.”

“What? Really? I’m that loud? Omo! Thanks for informing me. Though, I admire your courage for entering this place.”

“Why? What’s wrong with this pl….” I finally realized what he meant and freaked out. “Omo! Is that a spider? Ohmygosh! It’s moving.” I jumped here and there, without even thinking that I’m embarrassing myself in front of a stranger until I finally stepped on a hollow floor which caught my legs. I wanted to cry. But I can’t. I always have a problem on showing my true feelings. Especially if it involves pain, hurt or anger. So, instead of tearing up, I just sat there pokerfaced.

“Oh. You poor thing.” He tried to help me by offering his hand. But I rejected it. Instead, I stood by myself and smiled.

“I’m fine. Look.” I tried to walk a few steps but stumbled on my third step. I almost hit my head on the corner of a broken table but he caught me. That’s when I fully saw his face.

“You’re Lee Chanhee!” I screamed high pitched and tried to stood up on my own and stepped back. “Omo! I didn’t know it was you. Miane. Mian.” I bowed a lot of times.

“Well, yes. I am Lee Chanhee.” He smiled at you and offered to shake your hand.

I was nervous to take it but he grabbed my hand. I was afraid that he might break it but he shook it gently so I shook his hands back too on my own will. We were shaking hands for a long time then when he let go.

“Haha.” He laughed. He laughs cutely. “You’re spacing out. You look cute.”

“No. I’m not.” I tried to defend myself, of course.

“You certainly are. Haha. I can see you staring through me. Not at me.” He took a step closer to me.

“Well. You are Lee Chanhee after all.” I said, as a matter-of-factly.

“Ha. Big name. It’s not like I’m not human, too,” he replied.

“IT IS a big name. You’re only the school’s top student and athlete. But I didn’t know you can sing and dance. Not to mention, you can sing and dance very well.” I tried teasing him.

“Well, every man hides a secret after all,” he said proudly, looking at the ceiling.

“But, I know you’re secret now.” I said slyly.

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.”

“Whatever. What’s your name, by the way?”

“Keke. I’m Chari. Lee Chari.”

“You’re younger than me, right?”

“Dae,” I replied slowly.

“Kya! Look at that. I’ve always wanted a younger sister. Just call me oppa now. Dongsaeng neomu yeppeo,” he sang childishly.

 

 ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~ o ~~~~~

 

I looked at the clock. 9:00 AM. 9:00 AM? I’ve been zoning out for almost one hour? Wow. It’s a new record. I got up from my bed and fixed it. Then, I fixed myself. I looked at the text message he sent last night again.

From: Chanhee-oppa

Time: 9:03 AM

Ya! I’d b there tomorrow @ 11:00. U should prepare urself. ;)

 

Ah. That wink. I think of how much I miss that wink. He used to wink only at me. Now, he has thousands of fans that he should wink to. My phone beeped for another text message.

 

From: Chanhee-oppa

Time: 9:06 AM

Dongsaengieeee~ U’ll see oppa soon. R u excited? I’m really excited 2 see u, too. Btw, r u awake already? U’d better b there already wen I arrive. Or else, u’ll b punished. Mehrong. XP C u later. :)

 

Aigoo. How childish. I chuckled a bit and replied that I’ll be at the airport any minute soon.

 

“Now… Lee Chanhee… It’s time to meet you." I walked out the door and made my way to the airport.