Jihyo Noona

One in a million

"Finally," Jihyo sighed as she walked up to the boarding gate. The noise from fans and reporters has significantly subsided as they walk up the plane that'll take them to Hong Kong. Walking beside her was Kwangsoo and his manager who were having a discussion regarding his schedule. She felt sorry for Kwangsoo. He just came from filming a new project and probably has not slept a wink yet. Not that she was in a better position, she herself has been busy with promotions for different brands that she's representing. Her previous drama was unexpectedly quite popular, raking in a lot of offers and taking too much of her time. But she likes being busy, she likes the distraction that her work brought her. It was only last year when she ran away from home after a fight with her mother because she broke up with her CEO boyfriend. It was only peaceful for a couple of months when she returned home but recently her mother is starting to nag her again about getting married.

"Jihyo Noona!" a young man called out to her. Kwangsoo instinctively put out an arm in front of her before he realized who the young man was. It was Sehun of EXO, behind him were the other EXO members who were going to attend the same award show that they're going to tonight. The other members greeted Jihyo and Kwangsoo enthusiastically as they settled down their seats on the plane.

"Noone's going to attack me on the plane, you know," Jihyo murmured, referring to Kwangsoo's action earlier.

"You never know," Kwangsoo murmured back. He had travelled with Jihyo many times and many times fans try to grab at them. It's flattering and after several years he still can't get used to fans gushing over them, but he and the other members worried about Jihyo as she was the only girl in the group. As the maknae, he had taken it upon himself to take care of his older sister. Sister, he could almost hear the scoff from his friends everytime he tells them that Jihyo Noona is family and nothing more. Even now, as he look across him, he could see his friend Kyungsoo of EXO smiling at him with malice as he sat next to Jihyo.

Kyungsoo gestured to Kwangsoo to check his phone and when he did, he saw a text from Kyungsoo.

"Afterparty later, bring Jihyo Noona," the text says. Kwangsoo looked to his left to find Jihyo getting ready to sleep. The plane has not even moved from the dock yet.

"Noona, would you like to come to the afterparty with EXO? I think Boyoung will be there, too," Kwangsoo asked her.

"I'm too old to party, I was planning to catch up on some sleep," Jihyo answered.

"You're right. You'll probably be the oldest one there," Kwangsoo quipped, annoyed that his Noona didn't even pause to think about it. His words were met with a gentle slap on his cheek.

"You don't have to stay long, just come and greet the dongsaengs. I'm not planning on staying long either. You'll be my excuse so I can leave early," Kwangsoo explained.

"Arrasseo," Jihyo said dismissively, already half asleep.

Kwangsoo watched as Jihyo drifted off to sleep. After all these years, her ability to sleep anywhere still amazes him. He, himself, only had four hours of sleep and that was more than 24 hours ago.

Jihyo couldn't wait to get to bed. Between her hunger and sleeping, sleeping wins hands down. Her staff went out to explore the city and her manager is probably itching to leave too. He was already on his coat while organizing her things. He left out clothes for her to wear but she can't even find the energy to move from the chair. She was only half listening to her manager as he told her about her schedule tomorrow.

Everyone seemed hyped up after the awards night, she, on the other hand, just wants to rest. I must really be getting old. 

Kwangsoo came into her room and told her to come with him to the afterparty but the party has already started behind him. Everyone she saw earlier that night was there. She wanted to join them but she can't seem to get out of her dress. The door of the bathroom won't open up and she could hear Kwangsoo on the other side calling her. I'll just sleep here, she told him. She sat next to the door planning to sleep.

Jihyo woke up feeling a numbing pain on her leg. She really must've fallen asleep on the chair, she thought. She couldn't feel her legs anymore, so she moved to the bed. Is someone in her bed? Only the bedside lamp on the far side of the bed was so the room was cloaked darkness. She made her way into the bed were a familiar figure was sleeping. She was too laced with sleep, she doesn't care about sleeping next to him. She could smell him though. A scent she has known for years. It's Kwangsoo. "Move," she said. Somehow, Kwangsoo being there didn't bother her. In fact, she felt even more comfortable, she felt safe whenever he's around. He's younger than her but he's more dependable than any oppa she's known. She could feel Kwangsoo pull her close, so she settled comfortably next to him. Maybe she's dreaming, she thought. Kwangsoo was too much of a gentleman to even be alone in the same room with her at this time of the night. It feels surreal. She opened her eyes to see Kwangsoo looking at her. He is here, she thought. He was looking at her with an expression she couldn't read.

I guess I really am dreaming, Jihyo thought. She reached out a hand to check if he was real. She could feel his warm skin under her hand. Without losing eye contact, Kwangsoo held her hand on his face. What kind of dream is this? 
Then, without saying a word, Kwangsoo moved his head towards hers and started kissing her.
Oh, so it's that kind of dream, Jihyo thought.
But the feel of Kwangsoo's lips on hers felt so real. She started feeling overwhelmed like her heart is about to burst. This is just a dream but why do I feel like this? she thought. She could feel his love for her through his kisses. She wanted to make him feel loved too. She started kissing him back. Yes, this has to be a dream. This can't happen in real life. But his smell, the feel of his body next to hers is so real. Jihyo lifted her hands to touch his face. And she knew, this is not a dream. She pulled herself from the kiss but he's gone. She looked around the room, opened the lights, but no one was there but her.

Jihyo burrowed her face on the pillow. It really was just a dream. She was slightly alarmed at the fact that a huge part of her wanted it to be real. Kwangsoo has always taken care of her. He is that one celebrity friend, she couldn't live without. But they were friends, just friends. Why does she suddenly want to change that just because of a stupid dream. She couldn't help but replay the kiss on her head. He was kissing her passionately. She has only known kisses to be possessive, her past boyfriends had been like that. But Kwangsoo, dream Kwangsoo, really made her feel loved. If only it were real.

After the awards show, Kwangsoo changed into a simple sweatshirt and made his way to Jihyo's room which was only several doors away from his. He was about to knock on Jihyo's hotel room when her manager opened the door.

"Anyonghasaeyo," they greeted each other.

"Are you two going out?" Jihyo's manager asked.

"Ah yeah," Kwangsoo said. "Is Noona ready?"

Jihyo's manager stuck his head back in the room to check on Jihyo but only to find her dozing off on the chair.

"Not quite," he told Kwangsoo. "Listen, I need to be somewhere else right now. Can I leave her in your hands?"

"Uh, sure," Kwangsoo responded with uncertainty, but the manager left before he could say anything else. He let himself inside the room and found Jihyo snoring softly on the chair by the bed. After a couple of tries, he gave up on waking her up. He didn't want to push too much because waking Jihyo up never went well for him. Either he gets cursed or beaten up if she does wake up.

He decided to try again in a few minutes since it's still early. He sat down on the bed and started reading the script for the new movie he's working on through his phone. 
Next thing he knew, Kwangsoo was woken up by the movement beside. He didn't realize he had fallen asleep, and beside him is a beautiful woman.
"Nah, it's Jihyo noona," he thought vaguely. The soft light from the lamp made her face look ethereally beautiful. She was still in her pink evening gown that she wore earlier that night. The dress was conservatively cut, but lying down, he could see her s threatening to spill out. Before he could react to this sight, Jihyo gave him a small push, and murmured "move" with her eyes still close. For one wild moment he thought she was asking him to make a move on her but she was actually asking him to make room for her in the bed. Somewhere in the middle of the night, she had squeezed herself on the bed next to him.

Still confused, he gently pulled Jihyo to him and away from the edge of the bed. Her bare skin was cold, so he pulled the blanket from their feet and covered both of them. He should leave, he thought, but he didn't. He watched her sleep, mesmerized by the fact that she was in his arms. He had already  memorised her beautiful face. He had met so many beautiful actresses in the industry, but no one can compare. Or maybe he was just biased. Because to him, she's more precious than a friend, a sister and even a lover. He was such a fool for his noona, always wanting to be the one to protect her, to make her laugh and to be her only best friend. That's why him lying next to her like this is like a dream, a dream he doesn't want to end. When she wakes up, he'll be back to being a dongsaeng. And that's fine. But for now, in this moment, he wants to be a man in front of her.

Jihyo's eyes fluttered open, and Kwangsoo's heart skip a beat. He thought she would scream and freak out when she realizes she's in his arms, but she didn't. She just looked at him with those big beautiful eyes. When she touched his face, Kwangsoo almost lost it. She hasn't touched her like this. Kwangsoo closed his eyes. He didn't want to see the disappointment in her face because it was him next to her. He just wanted to live in this moment before she kicks him out of the room. When he opened his eyes, Jihyo was still looking at him. Unable to restrain himself, he kissed her. Tentatively at first, before he began kissing her passionately. He wanted to make her feel what he felt for her all these years. This was his only chance, a chance that may never come again in the future. Before she beat him to death later, he wanted her to feel his love through this kiss.

Then, she was kissing him back. Kwangsoo almost felt like flying. His head started spinning out of pure joy. He felt drunk, drunk in her love. So this is what it felt like. He kissed her even more passionately now, pulling her closer, deepening the kiss. He could feel his own hunger for her. He was almost on top of her when he realized what he was doing. A hand behind her neck, and the other on her . Jihyo was breathing heavily under him. Eyes still closed, waiting for him.

Yes, he is a coward. He wanted to kick himself as he rushed out side her room. What just happened? How could he take advantage of her like that? Kwangsoo couldn't sleep at all and waited for the morning to come in his room. He will never forget this night til the day he dies.

When he saw Jihyo that morning, he feared the worst. But she wasn't even looking at him when she asked, "Kwangsoo-yah, did you come into my room last night?"

"What?" Kwangsoo couldn't believe his ears.

"I thought you said we were going to that party thing. I fell asleep with my make up and dress on because I was too tired," she was checking her face on the mirror stuck at the back of her phone.

Kwangsoo was saved from saying anything when their managers arrived. They had breakfast and boarded the plane to Korea with not much ado.

There was no mention of what happened that night. Even now, years later, that kiss, that wonderful kiss, will be remembered by Jihyo as something that only happens in her dreams. For Kwangsoo, it served as a reminder that she is only a dream for him. He can go on dreaming, but she can never be his in reality. There's far too much too lose if he crosses that line again. Everyone sees them as siblings. It's Jihyo noona, older sister, for now...