Chapter 32

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

 

‘So you can’t even play even for a reserve?’Sungjong asked.Both of you were walking to the cafeteria for the break.

‘Nope.But I don’t mind though,I don’t want to play for the competition,’you grinned.

‘That’s good.But I hope your sprained leg will be better soon.’

‘I’m okay.I can still walk,but I can’t run of course.’

Your phone suddenly rang.You took out the phone and gasped.

‘Who was it?’Sungjong took a peek at the ID caller.

‘Omma,’you whispered, ‘I’m going to a quiet place to answer this call,’Sungjong mouthed okay and walked into the cafeteria.



 

 

‘Wait,since you’re saying you’re going to talk about Sungyeol,how about we call the person who’s the closest with him,’L.Joe suggested,eyeing Sungjong who had just entered the cafeteria.

‘Who?’Niel followed L.Joe’s gaze, ‘Urgh,him,’Niel scoffed.

‘Tch,Sungjong!’L.Joe called.

Sungjong automatically looked at him.L.Joe waved his hand, ‘Come here,’he gestured.The reason why he was calling Sungjong was because he knew Sungjong knew you were a girl and if Niel was saying something about you being a girl,he won’t have to defend you all by himself and it would be less suspicious if he’s going to defend you.

‘Ne?’Sungjong tilted his head.

‘Sit,’L.Joe motioned the seat next to him.

‘N-Ne,’Sungjong sat,confused.

‘Now please continue your story about Sungyeol,’L.Joe looked at Niel.

‘Why are calling him here?’Niel frowned.L.Joe gave him a look that made him close his mouth from whining anymore.

‘You were going to talk about Sungyeol?’Sungjong furrowed his brows.

‘Yes.If you don’t want to hear,then shut up and go away,’Niel snapped.

‘No,I’m going to stay,’Sungjong smirked.

‘Hmm,’Niel rolled his eyes and told him the story.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘Are you for real?’CAP widened his eyes.

‘Yes,’Niel nodded eagerly.

‘What’s the proof?’Sungjong asked.

‘Well,there’s this time when he gave Sungyeol a can of ice lemon tea and yesterday he helped Sungyeol walk to the infirmary,’Niel explained.

‘Maybe he’s starting to take a liking in that boy and starting to open up to him,’CAP guessed.

‘Since when he’s starting to act like that?’Changjo asked.

‘That day,Chunji rejected the peach Sungyeol gave him,’Niel answered.

‘He gave Chunji peach?’CAP scoffed.

‘Sungyeol didn’t know that of course,’Niel said.

‘What about peach?’Sungjong looked at CAP.

‘Let’s just say,Chunji doesn’t like peach because it has something with his past.’

Looks like Ricky knocked a little bit of sense in Chunji’s head,Changjo stole a glance at Ricky,who was listening to the conversation.

Changjo sighed.You need to change too hyung.Changjo knew it was not right for him to listening the conversation that had taken place between Ricky and Chunji.But he was curious and had followed Ricky meeting Chunji.

‘Well,it’s a good thing,isn’t it,L.Joe?’CAP nudged L.Joe.

L.Joe nodded slowly.His food was still untouched from the moment Niel had explained everything.

‘Are you going to eat that?’Niel’s hand was ready to take the food.

‘Take it,’he said and stood up.

‘Where are you going?’CAP asked.

‘Somewhere.’

‘He’s weird,’CAP commented when L.Joe had went out from the cafeteria.

‘He’s always weird when we’re talking about Sungyeol,’Niel said.

‘Really?Why?’Sungjong looked surprise.

‘Who knows.Sometimes,I realized when we’re talking about the probability of Sungyeol’s becoming a girl,he will defend him,saying that girs aren’t allow to enter this school,’Niel shrugged his shoulders, ‘what matter the most is,I notice Chunji’s becoming more like himself lately.’

Sungjong almost choked his own saliva but he just nodded.

But..knowing L.Joe,I don’t he’s that type of person…Maybe,Sungjong widened his eyes.

 

*‘Sunji,didn’t get into trouble at school right?’Sungyeol suddenly asked.He was still looking at the door where you left the room.

‘I don’t think so,’Sungjong shrugged, ‘She’s hiding the secret well,if that’s what you mean.’

‘That’s the thing that I’m worried,’Sungyeol bit his lips.

‘Wae?’

‘Because,’he shifted his gaze towards Sungjong, ‘because....’

‘Someone, someone already knew her secret.’

Sungjong froze,eyes widened.

‘W-Who?’he stuttered, ‘What’s his name?’

‘I couldn’t remember.He came three days after Sunji entered the school,’Sungyeol explained.

‘Try to remember his name!’Sungjong insisted.

But Sungyeol just shooked his head, ‘I’m trying..I-I think its-,’

Oppa!’you burst into the room.*

 

No,no,no,no,NO!Sungjong chewed his own lips.Does this means L.Joe knew?Sungjong heaved a sigh.

‘How so?’Changjo munched his food.

‘You know how he loved to smile before the incident,and he started to become like that again.There’s one time when he offered help to a student,and when he said thank you,Chunji replied welcome and smiled,’Niel said.If people were looking from a far,it looked as if he was spreading some gossip.

‘And what is weird with that?’Ricky lifted a brow.

‘Can’t you see?He never smiled in front of random people.Oh yes!When he gave Sungyeol the ice lemon tea,I remembered him smiling and chuckling!’Niel nodded eagerly.

‘Well,it’s about time for him to forget about her and move on,’Changjo muttered,glancing at Ricky,who caught every single word he had said.

‘Why are looking at me?’Ricky said quietly,not even casting a look at Changjo.

‘Ricky…you should also become yourself again-.’

‘This is myself,’he stood up and left.

‘That boy is another problem,huh?’Niel shooked his head disapprovingly.

Changjo didn’t answer.He stared at his own food.


 

 

 

‘Ne omma!I’m perfectly fine here!Ne,ne,arasso,arasso.I’m going to hang up.Bye!’you hang up and sighed.

You walked back towards the cafeteria but decided to change your mind when you saw Ricky sitting alone on the bench at the garden.There was no one around as the place was quiet far from the cafeteria and the classes.

Step by step,you went nearer towards the bench.

‘Ricky?’

He spunned his head and gave a nod.

‘Can I sit?’you pointed at the empty space beside him.

He nodded again and looked away.

‘Why are you so hard to say a word?’you grumbled slowly,pouting.

‘Do you always come here?’

Ricky nodded again.

Knowing that he will either nod or shook his head the next time you’re asking him a question,you just gazed around,enjoying the lovely view of the garden.

But it’s not only lovely,it’s beautiful….and gave you a warm feeling.

‘Lovely,’you murmured.That word caught Ricky’s attention as he turned his head to look at you.

‘I think I know why you like to be here,’you smiled, ‘This garden is beautiful and lovely.Not only that,it gives a warm feeling.How the sunlight shone at the trees and the pond,the melancholic song the birds were chirping and it’s relaxing here.No one’s here to disturb the peace,’you smiled wider.

Ricky stared ahead again, ‘You think so too?’

You hummed and looked at him.

‘Looks like I’m not the only one,’he smiled softly.

He smiled….How cute!you blinked in surprise.

‘What’s wrong?’he turned at you again.

‘N-Nothing’s wrong,’you stammered.

Both of you stayed in silence before your stomach growled.

‘What’s that?’Ricky stifled a laughter.

‘Ah,I haven’t eat yet!I better go to the cafeteria to get something to eat!Bye!’you ran to the cafeteria.

Ricky nodded.He looked ahead again and closed his eyes,sighing.

Sooyeon-ah…..