Chapter 33

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

 

‘Kamsahanmida ahjumma!’you bowed gratefully at the kitchen lady.

The kitshen lady smiled back,’Who are you going to give that food to?Since you sounded like giving it to an important people,I’ll make it specially for you.’

‘Someone,’you grinned.You had asked the kitchen lady to make a delicious,scrumptious and yummy fried rice right after the school ended.

‘I’ll come later!’you bowed again.



 

 

‘My phone!!Where’s my phone?’your side of the room had turned upside down.

‘You won’t be able to find your phone if you keep on panicking,’Niel made a balloon with his bubble gum.

‘You!Don’t say a word!You’re not helping at all,’you grumbled.He raised his hands defensively.

‘Looks like I have to look for it at the school ground,’you sulked and headed to the door.

‘Yeah,good luck in finding it,’he mumbled,earning a glare from you.

He chuckled as soon as you closed the door.

‘Seems like I have to help him find for his phone…and clean this mess,’he sighed.Today was Friday so the head of the dorm,which is Sunggyu will check the room whether it’s clean or not anytime.And if the room is not clean,there will be punishment awaits for them.

‘Better hurry,or I ‘ll be late for practice.Sungyeol,Sungyeol,you owe me cookies,’he sighed again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘When’s the last time I used the phone,’you thought back, ‘during the break this morning..so I have to look from that place where I was talking to mom till the school cafeteria.’

‘No sign of it,’you pouted in disappointment after a long search at the place where you had called your mom.

‘Then,I used this way to head back to school,’you continued to walk,’and I stopped here,when I saw Ricky,’you turned to your left where the garden was and blinked.

Is it just me or is it really Ricky there?you blinked rapidly.Ricky was sitting at the same spot where he was sitting during the break.

‘Ricky?’you approached him.

‘Sunbae?’he looked at you surprisingly.

‘Did you skip classes?Why are you still here?’you rounded your eyes.

He faintly smiled, ‘Do I look that kind of student?Skipping classes?’he asked you.

‘Ani.That’s why I asked you.’

‘I came here again,’he answered.

‘Why?Is there something bothering you?Can I help?’you tilted your head.

He shooked his head, ‘There isn’t.But I’m here because I knew you’ll be here too.’

‘Mwo?’you straightened yourself,feeling confused.

‘This,’he reached out something from his pocket, ‘is sunbae’s right?’

‘My phone!’you gasped, ‘Where did you found it?’

‘Next to the bench.’

‘It must had slipped out from the pocket when I was sitting,’you guessed.

‘Take good care of it,’he gave you the phone, ‘consider it to be lucky that I found it.’

‘Gumawo,’you smiled, ‘so,bye!’you waved.

‘Oh and Ricky!’you looked at him happily.

‘Yes?’

‘You should smile more.I think you a lot more cuter smiling than having a pokerface.But having a poker face is better than frowning everyday,like Chunji,’you pretended to whisper.

‘See you later then!’you skipped lightly,remembering the injury on your leg.

‘But from the way I heard Niel hyung talked about Chunji hyung,it looks like Chunji hyung is opening up to people,especially you…and I think I know why,’he whispered to himself.

 

*Ricky was about to head to his next class when a flat,red,rectangular electronic device laying on the ground next to the bench caught his attention.

A phone?Whose?he was against the idea of unlocking it,but eventually tried to since he wanted to know the owner of this phone and give it back to him.To his surprise,without much effort,he easily unlocked the phone,without being asked the password or any code to unlock it.

‘Should I?But I’m going to have to know the owner first,’he hesitantly pressed photos.

‘No way,’he murmured,looking at the photos, ‘…I knew it.There’s something not right with him..I mean,……her.’

There were pictures of you wearing a mini blue dress with your hair lightly loose,smiling with your friends in a restaurant,food were on the table.

The reason why Chunji started to change,is it because of her?*



 

 

You sat aside,watching the players and the reserves practicing with each other while clutching onto the styrofoam container.You didn’t need to join the reserves since you had sprained your leg,but you still need to be there when they’re practicing.

When will the practice end?you yawned,feeling tired.

The cheerleaders had finished earlier so they went back first,which to your surprise,Apink girls too went back.

Soon,the coach blew his whistle,signaling that the practice was over.

‘Remember,tomorrow practice will be from early in the morning till noon.Don’t be late,’the coach warned.

‘Ne,’they chorused.

Once the coach disappeared from their sight,they began to pack.

A sudden loud noise from outside had everyone’s attention.The cheerleaders who had gone back suddenly came inside the court.

‘Guess what,guess what?Apink are buying us pizzas!Look!’he motioned someone from outside the door to come in.Boxes and boxes of pizzas were carried by several boys who were smiling widely.

‘WOW!DAEBAK!!CAN WE EAT THEM?!’the boys hollered.

Namjoo,Eunji,Bom-I,Chorong,Naeun,Hayoung,Yookyung smiled sweetly at them.

‘Of course,please,dig in.We’re buying these especially for all of you as treat for being nice to us.Don’t worry about the side effects.We already make sure they were specially made,nutritious and the ingredients were fresh!’Chorong assured them.

‘Aww,you’re really are angels!’one of the boys shouted.

Bom-I giggled and shooked her head, ‘Aniyo,we want to thank you for being nice to us. The competition will be on next Saturday,so let us do our very best!’

‘Um!Hwaiting!’Naeun pumped her fist,and the other girls followed.

The boys shrinked in happiness as you clutched the styrofoam container tightly.Chunji was leaning against the wall,staring at them uninterestedly.Niel was beside him…until Yookyung pulled him suddenly to give him the pizza.

‘I better give this to Chunji and leave,’you whispered and walked straight to him.

‘C-Chunji-sshi,’he shifted his attention to you.

‘Here,’you handed him the container, ‘I got this especially for you.’

‘What is that?’

Naeun appeared,her arms crossed,but her face still smiling.

‘Food,for Chunji-sshi,’you said in a monotonously tone.

‘I can see that.But what’s inside?’before waiting for you to reply,she grabbed it and opened the container to see the content.

‘Fried rice?Where did you buy it?’she mocked and gave the container back to you.

‘It has nothing to do with you,does it?’you snatched the container.

‘I understand you want to give something to fill Chunji oppa.But he needs something that’s yummy,fun and enjoyable.And he can eat the pizzas together with his friends too.It will be weird if he’s the only one eating fried rice when the others are enjoying pizzas,don’t you agree Chunji oppa?’

Just as Chunji was about to open his mouth,Naeun cut him, ‘See,silence mean agree,so,I think you have something more important to do right?Ppali!You don’t want the work to be overload!’she pushed you to the nearest back door until you were out of the court.The boys were too busy munching their pizzas and chatting to realize you were gone.

‘B-But I ddin’t say anything!’you struggled but she already locked the door from inside.

‘Y-Yah!YAH!’you stomped your feet and puffed your cheeks.

‘That devil in disguise.I hate her!’you shouted and gave the last look at the door.

‘Hihi,sorry oppa.I just don’t want you to eat that thing.Besides,pizzas beat over everyday fried rice,right?’Naeun gave him an apologetic look.

Chunji looked at her as if she was mad.

‘I…really hate people who act like they know me,when they don’t..at all,’Chunji half whispered.

‘Ne,oppa?’Naeun tilted her head.

‘I rather eat the everyday fried rice,than eating your so nutritious pizza,’he continued.

‘H-Hajiman,oppa,’her brows furrowed.

‘Don’t call me oppa,because I don’t even know you,’he stepped nearer towards her.

‘And…Naeun?’

‘N-Ne?’she stuttered,disappointed that Chunji wasn’t at all supporting her for chasing you off.

‘Nobody..I repeat,NOBODY,can treat Sungyeol like that,except me,’he smirked and hurled around,before walking out of the court coolly.

‘Huh,mwo?’Naeun scoffed.

Chunji knew he may sound possessive but he strangely felt angry when Naeun treated you like that.It reminded him the time when he treated you so bad.

Where is she?he stretched his neck a bit and glanced around to catch any sign of you.

Why am I looking for her?I shouldn’t care about her!he knocked his head but stopped immediately when he saw you.

You were in the cafeteria,head on the table.Your back was facing him.

‘Sungyeol,’he went over to you.He felt weird when you were not responding to him.

He smiled faintly upon seeing you sleeping peacefully and sat next to you.

‘So,this is for me?’he took the container that were in front of you.He opened the container and smiled wider, ‘Guess this is to thank me because I carried you to the infirmary yesterday,’he chuckled softly.He took the plastic spoon that was already inside the container and bagan to gobbled down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Slowly,you opened your eyelids.

What time is it now?Shoot!8 already?you stood up straight and felt a light weight falling from your shoulder.You picked the thing up and stared at it wonderingly.

Whose blazer is this?then you saw the name tag.

Lee Chanhee.

‘Lee Chanhee,’you murmured, ‘Chunji?’you gasped.You looked at the styrofoam container and held it up.There was a note attached on it.You held your breath as you read it.

Yah Sungyeol!This is really made by the kitchen lady,right?I thought you made it!Now,I’m upset I didn’t eat the pizza and eat this fried rice instead.Whatever,I already ate it all anyway.-Chunji

‘Is he really upset?’you bit your lips and turned the note, ‘Oh,there’s more,’you continued to read.

Actually I was kidding about that pizza thing.I rather eat your cookies a million times rather than eat anything that was prepared by that devil in disguise.That’s what you called her right?At least,that’s what you said when you were talking in your sleep.

 

Aish!Did I really talk in my sleep?you blushed as you frowned but later the frown changed into a wide smile.

 He ate it all!you jumped and squealed,obviously in your fangirling mode.

A figure was watching you from behind the door,witnessing your every moves and facial expressions.

Is she really that happy that I ate the rice?he smiled but stopped himself.

Aniyo,Chunji,get ahold of yourself,he shooked his head and continued to stare at you.There was no sign of fake happiness.It was pure happiness.The way you smiled and appreciate every little deed he did for you were pure honesty.

 

 

‘But…it won’t be a sin to open up again,right?’

 

 

 

 

 

‘Only to her.’


LONG CHAPPIE!!!!!!!!!!FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME!!!!!!

>.< I'M IN A HYPERMODE RIGHT NOW!!!!