Baby's First Christmas (2020) ❄

A Christmas Love Story

Summary: You and Taemin celebrate your first Christmas together as a married couple with your new son, Taehwan.


2020

The rising sun seeps its rays through the opening of your blinds, hitting your face until you begin to stir. The rays blanket your face with warmth as your eyes flutter open. A hint of annoyance at the sun rattles inside of you as you turn to your side. The world around you comes into focus as you rub your eyes with your palms while a yawn silently escapes your mouth.

With a blink, you’re met with Taemin’s soft gaze. The sun paints his skin golden, accentuating the pinkish hues of his lips and cheeks, while his eyes appear lighter in color. His unkempt hair is tousled on his head with pieces sticking out in multiple directions. He softly smiles at you before looking towards his chest.

Your eyes look lovingly at your son, Taehwan, fast asleep on Taemin’s chest as it softly rises and falls. Taehwan’s cheek, smushed against his father’s chest, props his mouth open slightly. His small fingers grip onto Taemin’s shirt while Taemin gently rubs soft circles on his back.

“Good morning,” you whisper before leaning over to press a kiss on Taemin’s cheek. “And good morning to you, Siren.” You press a gentle kiss on Taehwan’s cheek that causes him to softly smile in his sleep, exposing his dimple.

“He’s been asleep for half an hour,” Taemin whispers while smiling down at your son before looking back at you. “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, Tae.” You yawn while stretching your arms overhead. “I got you a present.”

Excitement paints Taemin’s face as you reach into the drawer of your nightstand. A navy leather case enters his view. A wide smile spreads across his face as you open the case to reveal a navy leather hybrid smartwatch that he’s been secretly looking at for the past year. Careful not to disturb Taehwan, you place the watch on Taemin’s wrist. Taemin twists his wrist, admiring the precious gift and taking note of the way the silver glistens off the sun’s rays. He whispers a “Thank you, baby” against your lips as he kisses you.

“I have something for you too. Actually,” Taemin gestures to Taehwan. “We have something for you. Check under the bed.”

Leaning over the edge of the bed, you spot a red bow and reach under the bed to bring a large box on top of the bed. The plain box excites you as you slowly open the lid to reveal a winter-themed scrapbook dressed in various hues of blue and various sizes of silver snowflakes with a photo of you, Taemin, and Taehwan on the front. Large silver letters spell the words “The Lee Family” in a decorative font. Your fingertips gently caress the faces of the picture before you open the book where you’re greeted with the first picture you and Taemin took together with your pirate snowman.

Page after page, more tears gather in your eyes as you relive each memory you’ve made with Taemin from your first meeting in 2013 to now. Each page is uniquely decorated and put together with pictures and love notes. Unable to contain your tears any longer, you allow your tears to fall with the overwhelming feeling of love displayed before you. Leaning over, you slowly press your lips against Taemin’s, your tears falling against his face.

“You got your tears on me,” he softly laughs before you wipe them away with the sleeve of your shirt.

“I love it, Tae. Words can’t explain how much I love you and Siren,” you smile while looking at your son whose eyes look between you and Taemin. “Let’s take a picture. Our first Christmas as a family.”

Grabbing your phone, you press yourself close to Taemin’s body, feeling his warmth and smelling the light smell of baby powder under Taehwan’s neck.

Naturally, you and Taemin lean your heads close to one another and smile before taking the picture.

“I can’t wait to add this to the scrapbook,” you wiggle with happiness before setting your phone to the side.

Taemin chuckles at your dance before gazing down at Taehwan. “We didn’t forget about you buddy.”

“That’s right,” you nod with a wide smile. “Mommy and daddy got you something special.”

Taking Taehwan into your arms, Taemin reaches into his nightstand and pulls out a small teddy bear dressed in a polka dot bowtie. “This was mine when I was younger,” he softly explains to Taehwan, who reaches forward for the bear. “And now, it’s yours.”

Taemin gently places the bear in Taehwan’s arms. He watches his son with loving eyes as Taehwan places the bear’s ear in his mouth and tries to have a good grip on the bear. His laughter brings a smile to your and Taemin’s face as you watch your son cuddle his new toy. A few moments pass before you and Taemin lock eyes with one another. Like when you were younger, a swarm of butterflies enter your stomach and make you turn your head as your cheeks grow warm. With his curled index finger softly under your chin, he guides your head to face him once more before leaning in and pressing a sweet kiss on your forehead.

“I love you,” he whispers, his eyes taking in the features of your face while softly smiling at you.

A sweet soft chuckle hums against your lips before you lean forward and press your forehead against his. “I love you too.”


Author's Note: This concludes the A Christmas Love Story series. It is my hope that you enjoyed this cute little series as you watched your relationship with Taemin unfold and I sincerely hope you have a great rest of your holidays!